Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Bahama Breeze too informal?

Hey ladies, has anyone been to the Bahama Breeze in Vegas? I got an email from them about group dining and their prices are great, but I'm wondering if it's just too casual for a wedding reception? (We will be in dresses, suits, etc)

I went to one when I was in Florida and remember it being pretty good - for those of you who have been to the Vegas location, how was the food?

Re: Bahama Breeze too informal?

• Options
    jkhoutzjkhoutz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never been there but maybe you could have a costume change (i.e. break b/w ceremony and reception), depending on the locations and time frames you have in mind. It might be a fun twist on the day, who knows?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my rehearsal dinner there the night before my wedding. They used to have one where I live and they closed it. It's one of my favorite places casual or not so I don't care. And they do have really god pricing compared to some of the other places I looked at. I like the fact that the pricing of the food has all of their taxes and service charges included. You know what you are spending. They also have live caribbean music that is only a couple hundred bucks if your into that. Its a cool spot and I think you should do it where ever you want. If it makes you feel any better Im wearing a very long formal dress to BB.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I took my team there for luncheon a few years back and their banquet space was nice but not elaborate.  The decor is tropical and if I remember correctly they had white louvered doors/ shades and lots of huge palm trees/plants.  We were there at lunch and the room was bright.  Since they're off the strip they'lll probably be more accomodating than you'd think about adding decor if you want.

You might want to ask the banquet captain to send you some pictures of the space before you book with them.  (they may have remodeled since I was there in 2007) Their food prices were reasonable when I last went (great Salmon!), the service was prompt and parking was free. 

Good luck & let us know how it turns out!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    natalienoelle27 - Yes I love that taxes & fees are included in the price! Everywhere else I look I have to add tax plus service / gratuity charges, etc!

I am going to contact them for pictures and will probably stop by when I'm in town. I won't have that many guests but I still don't want anyone to be underwhelmed / unimpressed or think I'm being to "cheap". I feel like some of my guests (as much as I love them) think weddings are "supposed" to be a certain way (elegant / formal).
  • Options
    annabelle2424annabelle2424 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had our rehearsal dinner there. It was great because we had our own seperate area and the pricing was very affordable. The food was delicious and the service was great. I think it is a littlle informal for a wedding but if you want to go with a caribbean theme or something less formal it may be perfect.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's definitely not qute as informal as a typical chain restaurant if you're going to take over one of the banquet rooms, but it's not as reception-esque as a maggiano's type place either; somewhere in between.  If your wedding will be formal, i.e. everyone wearing suits, it's probably a little on the casual side for the reception....

Married in Vegas - June 2011

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards