Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

No photo shoots at Neon Boneyard until the fall!

One of the most important things to me about the Vegas wedding was having some photos done at the Neon Museum.  I've been emailing them for a year now wanting to book a shoot on the day of our wedding.  Due to the construction they could not book dates in advance.  I was literally told to contact them the middle of May - 2 weeks before the wedding.  So it turns out they are closing June-Aug and we will be unable to go there... by just one day!

I am bummed about this and now have a dilemna.  We had a photo tour booked for 3 hours with Todd along with our guests in a party bus.  The last hour was going to be us at the boneyard.  I really wanted that retro Vegas look - as my bridesmaids are both professional Marilyn Monroe impersonators.  You might have seen one of them on the Idol Gives Back episode answering the telephone in the Jim Carey sketch.

Anyway, Todd has suggested Fremont Street as a good place for a group and it would have that more retro look.  However, I'm not convinced that I am going to like how it looks in the day light.  The bigger problem is that I am travelling with 16 very close friends/family.  Many have never been to Vegas before - including my parents.  We have a night planned out for Fremont Street the night after our wedding.  We are all going to see the Rat Pack show at the Plaza.  Turns out another friend of mine is the Marilyn that appears in the show!  Anyway, I want them to see it all lit up.  I think it spoils it to go there the day before.

What would you do?

Re: No photo shoots at Neon Boneyard until the fall!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What time is your photo tour? I agree pictures at night would be extra special, but I don't think going there the day before spoils it for your guests. I've been down there a few times, and I always have fun!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We'd be there around 5pm.  If anyone has any photos they took on Fremont during the day please post!
  • Options
    sagi122sagi122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Marilynfan,

We took pics on Freemont St during the day,and I love how they turned out!  We used Todd as well.  I'm still working on my review bio, so I posted some of our Freemont pics  on the link below.   I would have loved to do the night time, but  the crowds would be larger. The CMAs were there that weekend with live country music, so it was packecd!!   I like the small crowds walking around for our photos. 

http://brianandrhoda.shutterfly.com/pictures#editPictures:albumId=19

Hope this helps.
    BFP: 1/11/11, Large Cystic Hygroma & heart defect, Lost baby on 3/30/11 at 16w 4d.
  • Options
    GribblesGribbles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

... that is rubbish and I understand that going to Fremont Street during the day will take away the wow factor at night. Although Sagi122's photos are really nice, and if anyone can make it work it will be Todd.

Is there any way you can beg and plead Neon Boneyard? Explain your wedding theme maybe, and how you have had your heart set on this for months and is there any way they could make an exception?

www.mywedding.com/benandpetra
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Rhoda, those are great pics. 

I doubt they'll do anything as I have been basically begging in every email to them to make an exception and let me book my date.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What about the other side of Vegas? We are probably doing our e-shoot up in Red Rock. It would be a great place to bring your guests by and while you are doing the shoot they would be occupied.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Savannah6783Savannah6783 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Red Rock Canyon is GORGEOUS!!! We were supposed to take photos out there and I ended up getting sick. I drove out with my mom because she left her jacket in the info building but it is a beautiful backdrop to get some amazing photos!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards