Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Is Mix a good night club on Saturday night?

We're thinking of putting on a bottle around midnight at one of the nightclubs in MB... Is Mix our best option?

What about Rum Jungle? I was there in 2005 and I loved it, but I know how quickly things change in Vegas!!

ETA: My idea of a good night club is dance music, a lot of people, and it stays open until  3 or 4am :)

Re: Is Mix a good night club on Saturday night?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    So I think Rum Jungle closed... and Mix is more of a lounge, no?

Any other ideas?
  • Options
    lsvenssonlsvensson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rum Jungle did close, and MIX is a lounge (though I've never been in...VG would be able to tell you).

My favorite Vegas club is Jet @ the Mirage, but I think they're closing their doors too in December, which I'm super bummed about.

Pure at Caesar's can be fun but it's a sh1tshow to get in and pricey.

Moon at the Palms is fun--crowded dance floor, etc-- and has a gorgeous open roof so you can see the sky (hence the name) and an amazing outdoor balcony that overlooks the LV Valley (for when you want to take a break from dancing a cool off).  You also get access to the Playboy Club (small, more lounge-y) with Moon access.

Others that I've been meaning to try, that seem to have the vibe you're looking for: XS, Tao, Studio 54, possibly LAX?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, Lsv, for the suggestions.

I've been to Jet, Tao, and Tryst and that is the vibe I am looking for... but I was hoping for something inside Mandalay Bay...
    Maybe we're just better off inviting people back to our Vista suite... and creating our own nightclub ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mix Lounge definitely has more of a lounge feel to it but it's not all lounge; there's a DJ and dance floor area at one end that fits about 50.  There is just a row of table-service area on the inside that follows the windows and the 'wall' that is just seat high has seats with small tables on the other side of it facing the main bar.  The nights I"ve been there it's been mostly electronic music.  If you've been to Ghost bar, it's similar in feel; i.e. lots of lounge areas but room to dance too.  It's not a dance club though, probably only holds a few hundred at most.

You may want to look at Foundation Room instead; it's more clubby and on the top of the Mandalay tower instead of THEHotel tower.  Pricing should be similar.  Definitely better clubs elsewhere, but none as convenient if you're already on the property.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    xtanne12386xtanne12386 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the moon at palms...probably my fav, and there is easy access to the playboy club.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jet is already closed. I'd suggest surrender, xs, lax, pure, Tao, lavo, tryst before mix
    *MyBio-> 07.05.2012* UPDATED: 06/08* Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    And I'm still extremely bitter about jet closing.....
    *MyBio-> 07.05.2012* UPDATED: 06/08* Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to LAX and it was definitely MEGA DANCE CLUB. I was drunk by this point, but I definitely remember some remixed top 40 type songs, which were fun. I was there on a Thursday night around midnight, and it was nuts.

Also, isn't there a tram from MB to Luxor? So it wouldn't be completely inconvenient.

Proof of fun at LAX:

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh yea and rum jungle closed sometime last year I think
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    And I've read that Studio 54 is closing too....just when I had decided to have a night out there!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards