Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Anyone getting married on Sept 8th or 9th?

FI & I are going to LV in September.  We were thinking of eloping, although do not want an "elopement chapel".  Would anyone be interested in sharing their ceremony for 20 minutes? 

Really, all I want is to walk down the isle, an officiant and a few pictures...

Re: Anyone getting married on Sept 8th or 9th?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Every major hotel has a chapel. They also have outdoor venues or more adventureous choice -- shark reef @ MB, on a pirate ship @ treasure island etc.

You could also pick a stand alone chapel although I don't know if that is what you mean by an "elopement chapel"

HTH
  • Options
    MNVegasMNVegas member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here is a link to the FAQ page with list of places.  http://sites.google.com/site/vegasfaq/vegasresources

Also check out bios for pics of weddings.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can walk down the aisle at your own wedding at many of the little chapels and some of them are quite nice. Check them out as well as some of the hotel chapels are really nice and you can walk down the aisle in those as well. Check out the other peoples profiles. I know where I got married isn't vegas chapel like at all and they cover everything pretty much even limo ride out there. The-grove.com
  • Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ...I don't think it works like that, hon.  Especially because you only get 15 minutes at most of the chapels I looked into; the couple barely has time for their own wedding, let alone yours too.

There aren't really chapels specifically for elopments.  I mean, yeah, the drive-thru chapels do exist, but I never see anyone actually using them.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh are you wanting to actually share in someone else's ceremony? I'm confused!!!

BTW my wedding was like 9 minutes. not enough time for 2!
  • Options
    McGeehanMcGeehan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!  Didn't realize that the hotels actually put such a tight time limit on the ceremony...  The list above is very helpful though!!  I've already found a ton of different ideals.
  • Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That was a big part of why we decided against one of the chapels, we didn't want to be rushed.  But if you specifically want something quick, any of the chapels will work, really.  Some of them have pretty neat packages for just the bride and groom, like the wedding gondola at the Venetian.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards