Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Maggianos event fee....

Maggianos says it is not a tip and I can choose to tip if I like. Did you all tip on top of that event fee? I am not trying to be cheap but tax + a 20% event fee + tip sounds insane.

Thanks a million
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Maggianos event fee....

• Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    no I did not tip.  They actually said in one of their forms I recevied eventually that they pay their servers well and tipping is not necessary (in other words).
  • Options
    crow99crow99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I thought it was a tip from my previous conversations with them! There is only 8-10 of us and we have a min of $200 or 20% so plan of continuing as its a tip, will raise it on the day though and may tip a small bit extra to round the dinner up or down but not a additional 20%.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I tipped probably a cheap looking amount to the main server guy. I was assured that they get higher wages and tips are not expected, but I tipped a little anyways. I remember someone asking this question a while back and some people did not tip at all and some just tipped the main server. I do not think anyone gave 15% though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thanks a bunch for answering everyone. I was a little scared for a second. I was thinking "that could add up to an extra 50% on the bill"

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think a good way to explain it is that is NOT a tip since you have to pay it, but additional gratuity is appreciated but not expected. Although, you may want to double triple check that with Cassy, since I know they changed a few things after I booked.
  • Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OP do u have your contract?  It explains it under the first poin "sales minimum" under Terms and Conditions.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Since it sounds like you are also concerned about your budget/event fee, if you meet your minimum, you can have additional vendors bill you separately so you don't have to pay the event free on those services.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_maggianos-event-fee?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:bcab9bff-c9a3-418c-9e12-d80298762109Post:43ffe54f-98af-4dbf-bf8a-c78da83c4fd4">Re: Maggianos event fee....</a>:
    [QUOTE]no I did not tip.  They actually said in one of their forms I recevied eventually that they pay their servers well and tipping is not necessary (in other words).
    Posted by aegrish[/QUOTE]<div>
    This! I am not planning on tipping since in my contract it says tipping is unnecessary due to the servers and bartenders being well paid. I mean sure, we might consider tipping seeing as my fiance is generous to people who serve well, and I know our wedding he'll be the happiest man on the planet so he might tip just because.. but we'll see.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    wenawinterwenawinter member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did not tip, I thought that the 20% was their tip, guess I didn't read the contract well enough. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I only tipped the DJ, bartender had a tip jar and a few of my guests tipped the servers.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    the initial email said in large italics that the 20% was not a tip. normally when i read that i assume that i am suppose to tip on top of that which is crazy. i will see what i am going to do when the ime comes but seeing your responses made me feel a lot better about it. i have never been there but im going to check out the location coser to me (im in ny and there is one in nj)
    i have a little time but after trying out some of their food and reading all of your reviews ill be well equipped to make a decision. thanks everyone
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards