Nevada-Las Vegas

Venetian Elopement - Garden Romance Package?

Hi Knotties, I'm brand new here (engaged last weekend!) and looking to get the ball rolling on a shotgun wedding for April. Not pregnant, but the fiance (don't know your fancy knottie acronyms yet!!!) is anxious to seal the deal and I am too.

My question to y'all is if anyone has had experience with the Venetian's Garden Romance package, which is for <10 guests. It would most likely be just us and maybe another one or two couples. It certainly looks nice from the photos and I don't have time or care to plan anything so it seems like a homerun. Has anyone done this before? I tried searching the community for previous posts about personal experience eloping through the Venetian without any luck...tons of posts about full-blown weddings with positive remarks though. 

I absolutely love that the flowers, photographer, officiant and venue are all taken care of and all I have to do is sign on the dotted line. My concern is that it would be cheesy/feel rushed/cheap but it seems like this is a classier venue. Fiance is all for it and so am I, just looking for some feedback before we book!!
Engaged on 11/20/11 - Eloping to Vegas 4/2012
Visit my blog, MrsSmith.org :)

Re: Venetian Elopement - Garden Romance Package?

• mizutamababymizutamababy member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are lots of ceremony venues that take care of everything for you from simple to lavish depending on your budget.  It's the reception that usually requires the most planning.

No experience with the Venetian, but I would recommend seeing samples of the photography pictures since a lot of the included chapel photographers tend to not be so great.
  • bellababe80bellababe80 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
         I don't think many people on here have used the Venetian. I do remember reading a few times that people have had problems even getting in touch with their wedding department and the customer service was not very good. I'm getting married at the Wynn and they have some nice packages. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I noticed you mentioned the photographer is already taken care of; if that's the case, you're not going to like the Venetian.  They have a policy barring third party photography from the entire property, so if you have your own, they're not going to be able to shoot your ceremony or anything that involves activities arranged by the Venetian wedding staff.  They even told us we couldn't use our own photographer in a private ballroom we were considering renting for our reception.  They want you to use their photographer, Cashman, who will charge you astronomical rates for prints and digital copies of the photos (averages $900 per hour of shooting).

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• poppies88poppies88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey thanks yall for your advice & feedback!! The photographer is part of the Venetian package-- so is that going to be Cashman, too? I'm looking to streamline as much as possible but I don't want to be taken advantage of! The package itself is only $1600...so I wonder if I'll have to fork over additional to get a disc or digital copies? 

Thanks again!
    Engaged on 11/20/11 - Eloping to Vegas 4/2012
    Visit my blog, MrsSmith.org :)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_venetian-elopement-garden-romance-package?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:c0bd3a32-1a28-4be4-93b3-6aa3b2496099Post:40ad2788-caa8-44ae-a5ed-8d65ed6b04a5">Re: Venetian Elopement - Garden Romance Package?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey thanks yall for your advice & feedback!! The photographer is part of the Venetian package-- so is that going to be Cashman, too? I'm looking to streamline as much as possible but I don't want to be taken advantage of! The package itself is only $1600...<strong>so I wonder if I'll have to fork over additional to get a disc or digital copies?</strong>  Thanks again!
    Posted by poppies88[/QUOTE]

Yup. You will only get the 12 prints that are included in your package. If you want more prints it will cost you. And if you want the disk of your photos, expect to pay $800-$1200 (from what I have heard)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards