North Carolina
Options

AW!!! I'm a Dr. - well close enough. Plus wedding things...

Hi Ladies! I haven't had a lot of time to knot like I used to, but mostly that was because I was in the process of finishing up my Doctor of Pharmacy degree. Today was my very last day - EVER! :) I can't believe I'm finally done with school! It hasn't really set in, and I don't know when it will. Maybe tomorrow when I can sleep in, maybe next week when I realize it's not just a "weekend", or maybe not until I walk at graduation/hooding in May.

I will spend all afternoon today and most of tomorrow packing up and cleaning my house near school. It goes on the market on Thursday. I am moving home to my parent's house for the next 4.5 weeks until the wedding (minus the time  I'll be at my bachelorette weekend and then gone to spend some time with my future hubby).

Which means that I have about 3 weeks to get done all of the little things I have left to do - I have some things to print, some DIY projects to do, and then vendors to settle up with. Other than that, I fully intend on laying out to get some sun and working out so I can look HOT in my wedding dress!!

Sorry for the long post full of being an attention whore - but it's definitely an AWESOME feeling!

Re: AW!!! I'm a Dr. - well close enough. Plus wedding things...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Shhh, don't publically announce this too much, you'll start getting all of our posts with questions about our medications and bunions ;-)  j/k!! CONGRATS!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    all these glorified job fields are quickly adding dr. programs, pharm d, physical therapy, ot. it's beginning to water down the celabrity status of having a doctoral degree. 

while it's an accomplishment, it's not like an MD that takes years of schooling and a residency not to mention hard work and a smart brain. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  Also, I just looked at your bio, and I went to high school with one of your BMs.  Random!
  • Options
    NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!!! It'll fly by!  Thats so exciting :) I've still got undergrad left to finish due to taking a year off *sigh* . .  You're a lucky duck and deserve to have some fun and relaxation!! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_aw-im-dr-well-close-enough-plus-wedding-things?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:115Discussion:cf4daf79-0e52-4282-b1e0-80124c664d92Post:bf49ac58-0683-44ba-b236-551cbd8e1beb">Re: AW!!! I'm a Dr. - well close enough. Plus wedding things...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats!  Also, I just looked at your bio, and I went to high school with one of your BMs.  Random!
    Posted by goheels05[/QUOTE]

A friend of mine told me over the weekend that she went to HS with Katherine, she saw her on my FB friends list, I tell ya it's a small world!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's neat!  AZnowNC's husband went to my HS.  I've only "run into" 1 person on the board that I knew IRL.  I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It is such a small world! FI's grandmother used to keep Megan (Redhead) when she was little, and when we realized the connnection, it only got more freaky when we realized her DH is from near my hometown, and he and I have mutual friends from HS.

And thanks ladies! :)
  • Options
    allie76allie76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!!!!
    TTC since Sept 2009 with PCOS. 3 failed Clomid cycles; 3 failed IUI's; 1 failed injectable + TI cycle. Surprise BFP on 1/22/12 while waiting to start IVF! EDD 9/30/12.
    Missed m/c discovered 2/20/12 (8w1d). D&C 2/23/12
    Photobucket [img]http://i54.tinypic.com/zsk41e.jpg[/img]

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yay congrats!! what an awesome feeling!! :)

0Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Beth0882Beth0882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations - I know how you feel and it is an awesome feeling!!
  • Options
    pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!!  Live it up and have fun!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  What a great accomplishment :)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    CONGRATS!!! Cool

i know you have been working super hard to finish and been super busy but you deserve to relax now....take in all that sunshine!!!

• Options
    wlfpkbridewlfpkbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! That's such a huge accomplishment!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How exciting!!!  Congrats!

Leigh Anne & Billy
    *October 2nd, 2010*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's awesome!  Congratulations!  I'm in OChem II right now, and can only imagine what Pharm is like!  So many exciting things for you in the next couple of months!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    CongratS!!!! I'm sure it's an awesome feeling to finally be done.  Since you'll be in the Charlotte area for a month maybe we can do a knottie lunch!
    image Ellie and Morgan
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  Definitely a huge accomplishment!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm TOTALLY in for a knottie lunch! :)
  • Options
    RobinischoRobinischo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay!  I'm so jealous.  My rotations don't end until April 23. ;p
    Bio needs to be updated badly!
  • Options
    ecuchikaecuchika member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So many congrats to you!!!!!! Enjoy your hooding ceromony!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards