Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

I want to cry...semi-vent

So, my FI and I have made the decision to move our wedding back until next year.  Long story short, the transmission went out on my car and since it has over 150K on it, we couldn't justify putting a new tranny in.  So, now, instead of planning our wedding in Vegas this summer, we are going car shopping tomorrow.  (I refuse to have a car payment so our wedding fund will go to buy a car).  I'm sad...

However, I had already paid the deposit for Todd Wilson photography and he said I can just use it next year!  I'm out $100 for Graceland Chapel, but I can accpet that. 

Ok, vent over.

Re: I want to cry...semi-vent

• Options
    Aww, that's too bad.  But a new car sounds like a necessity, and I respect your decision to not want to get into a big payment.  I know you're disappointed, but this just gives you extra time to plan your wedding and think about all the details.  Being out $100 isn't bad at all. 

Good luck with everything!
  • Options
    I am so sorry to hear that :-( the same happened to my FI last week, we have got him the cheapest car we could find for now and after the wedding we will get him something better. I hope you work something out
  • Options
    That's how I am looking at it.  I get to start planning all over and instead of settling for where ever is available.  It's just disappointing.
  • Options
    sorry =(  We were in a VERY similar situation.  My car went out and we said if it was going to be more than $500 I was getting a new one and the wedding was going to be postponed.  Prioritizing your finances is a very smart thing and it's going to be less stressful in the long run and you'll still have the wedding of your dreams.  GL with everything!!
  • Options
    Can you not use that $100 towards the ceremony? I'm not getting married until may 2013 and already paid for the ceremony so I bet Graceland Chapel would let you use that deposit to move to a new date?
  • Options
    I'm so sorry to hear that!  Hopefully something will come through and you can still have your wedding a little sooner than next year.  But if it does come to having it next year, hopefully at least you both should have more savings and can splurge on a fancy suite or something to celebrate when the day does come!

Like PP, I was also under the impression Graceland would let you move to a new date without any penalties.  Especially with this much notice beforehand.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear the bad news, and I definitely applaud your financial responsibility.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    I am waiting to hear back from them.  I sent an email, no reply and when I called (twice now) they say they need to talk to a manager and they will have to get back to me.  So, I figure it's not worth fighting them over $100.  I'll just keep calling and I have documented ever call and save the email notifying them I needed to move my date.  We'll see.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards