Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

REVIEWS from 5/22 - the good ones!!

Sorry about the long MB vent...but here are the GOOD vendors :)

Wynn Wedding Salons: A++++++++

I cannot give them enough pluses.  Seriously, best decision we ever made was to get married at Wynn.  I only wish we had enough money t do the reception there too, as I’m sure it would have been amazing and much less stress than our experience with MB.  Our WC was Ann Marie and her assistant, Meagan, and they were so amazing.  She worked with our budget on several occasions, and went above and beyond in every way possible to make everything perfect and special.  Ann Marie was the nicest lady ever, and she made sure we felt totally comfortable and confident with everything.  Yes, the Wynn is super expensive compared to other options, but SO WORTH THE MONEY.  We ended up spending more money on our ceremony than on our entire reception…and didn’t care one bit in the end.  Worth every penny.

Glamsquad: A+

Oh my goodness these guys were awesome!  Arrived early, and even called in a third guy to help once they saw how long my hair was so everything would stay ok on time.  I didn’t catch the third guy’s name, but we also had James and Anthony. James was so calming and nice, and Anthony was hilarious and made us all laugh all morning long.  Anthony was making me mimosas while I was getting my hair done (I was a bit stressed due to the room situation), and James even offered to “have some words” with the front desk if we needed someone to get a little bitchy. J  Plus, we all looked fabulous, and they finished with us like 90 minutes before we needed to get dressed, so we had plenty of time to relax.  I cried (happy tears) when I saw myself in the mirror.  I do regret getting the eyelashes, as one of them came off during the ceremony, but I don’t blame Glamsquad for that, I blame my insane amount of tears all day.  So if you are a crier, I do not advise doing lashes.  But otherwise, these guys were awesome.

Todd Wilson: A+

As everyone says, Todd is great.  We haven’t seen our pics yet, but he was so super chill and helpful during the strip tour.  He arrived at our room right in the middle of everything being moved out to go to the Vista Suite, and we were already done with hair and makeup, so I felt bad that there wasn;t really anything for him to take pics of.  But he went right along with the flow of the madness, took lots of detail shots and became a fly on the wall while we ate our $150 burgers.  Then he totally took control during the strip tour so we didn’t have to worry about a thing.  Can’t wait to see his pics.

Cashman Photography: B

They get a lot of bad reviews on here, but our photographer was really good.  He was super nice, and he did get a lot of good shots.  The only reason they get a B is because of the prices.  It would have cost us $2500 for all of the ceremony pictures!! And if I had the money, I would have bought them…but that just wasn’t in the budget.  We spent an extra $200 on some of the prints, but that’s the most we could do.  Luckily we have awesome friends who took lots of great pics during the ceremony.

Masterpiece Cuisine: A+

Scott was the nicest person to deal with throughout our entire planning process.  He went through like 6 different proposals along the way for us, answered every question and concern, and the food was DELICIOUS.  Everyone at the reception told us they loved the food.  And we had a lot left over (except the shrimp – they went FAST!).  They even arrived early, and the person who was supposed to meet them was still at our ceremony at Wynn, but they were very nice about waiting until she could get to MB.

Culinary Pros: A+

We hired a bartender and server through Culinary Pros.  The owner was a bit pushy about getting us to hire the server, but she worked with our budget to be able to afford both of them, so I’ll let the pushiness go. J  Plus, they were totally worth it.  The bartender remembered everyone’s drinks, and even had a glass of water waiting for me everytime I even got close to the bar (that’s all I could drink for some reason).  The server made sure there were no plates or cups sitting out anywhere, he rearranged the cupcakes as they started dwindling down so that the stand didn’t look empty, and he even went all the way downstairs with my brother to bring their gift back up for us when they left.  We paid them to stay an extra 30 minutes, and they even stayed later than that to clean up the entire bar and get all the rental items packed up for us.

RSVP Rentals: A

I had no contact with them, but FI made the reservation for tablecloths, china plates and champagne glasses, and there were no problems. Everything looked great, easy to deal with, and great prices.

Travis Allen: A+

Travis was great, and such a hit with our guests.  He was pretty difficult to get in touch with before the wedding, and we didn’t actually talk to him until the day before, which was a little stressful, but it was fine in the end.  He even arrived early.  He got people into a Conga line and he made 2 of my friends cry when he sang for our first dance. As everyone says, he stayed for pics with everyone, and was very nice.

DJ Godzilla: A

We hired him last minute, only 2 weeks before the wedding, but I am SO glad we did.  It made the reception so much better, especially the lighting he used.  He played every song on the list we gave him, and he stayed later than he was paid for.  My only complaint was that he kept announcing me as “jenna” instead of Gina…it was annoying, but people just laughed and got over it.

Presidential Limo & VIP Limo: A

It was cheaper for us to go through two different companies for the Party Bus before the wedding and then a stretch SUV after the wedding, but both companies were fine to work with and we had no problems.  Presidential gave us free champagne, and VIP gave us free beers.  Both were early for their pick-ups and friendly drivers.

Costco: B

We planned all along that FI would make a trip to Costco to pickup beverages and things for the reception. No problem right? Well it turned out that the closest Costco to the strip, according to Google, is a business center and doesn’t sell alcohol. He ended up having to drive to the store in Henderson to get what we needed. A bonus to that trip is the Wal-Mart that is right down the street for the smaller things.

"That's what you get for waking up in Vegas." ***My Wedding Bio!***

Re: REVIEWS from 5/22 - the good ones!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reviews! I still need to book a bartender, I am going to look at Culinary Pros now!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    davidsbride21davidsbride21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reviews Gina...congrats! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad most of your time was good, and your ceremony sounds wonderful. That's the most important part after all. Congrats MRS!
  • Options
    wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011

Thanks for the great reviews!!! Congrats again!!!

• Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad everything else went well!  Congrats!
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Was waiting to read some reviews; they are addicting lol!  Congrats and thank you!
    Until the first full year of being one! Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOVE great reviews.  Thanks Gina!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reviews, and Cngrats again!

Do you remember the name of your Cashman photog?

Also, I agree with the pushiness of the owner of Culinary Pros... she has convinced me to hire 2 servers with our bartender! We will have 60-70 people, do you think we need 2 servers. Aslo, what kind of deal did you get with them?
  • Options
    lsvenssonlsvensson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_reviews-522-good-ones?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:c89286fc-bbc3-41fb-96bf-0edb1f39557aPost:0419aa44-021c-4620-b09c-5d5ff8b0b2e9">Re: REVIEWS from 5/22 - the good ones!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Was waiting to read some reviews; they are addicting lol!  Congrats and thank you!
    Posted by MarryingmyKnight[/QUOTE]

<div>Agreed!  Thanks for posting, this is super helpful info, especially the bit about Costco--good to know that the closest one that sells alcohol is in Henderson! </div>
  • Options
    smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Phew!  Good to hear good reviews!  I can't wait for some pictures (unless I missed them...if so please lalalink me.)
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    jccswljccswl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! I'm glad there was more good than bad, and that your ceremony went flawless. Can't wait for pics.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and glad everything else turned out good. I totally agree with you on the DJ. I wasn't going to use one just go with an iPod dock but the DJ makes it so much better and keeps it flowing.
  • Options
    ginamarie1985ginamarie1985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @Camille:  You totally do NOT need 2 servers. We had about 50 ppl, and we technically did not *need* one at all, but in the end it was nice to have him cleaning up and stuff and he was there to greet people when they came in and made sure we had some food when we got there.  But I really see no reason why you would need 2 of them plus a bartender. The deal I made was for a 4 hour minimum for them instead of 5, since it was just an in-suite. But in the end, they stayed about 5 hours anyway and we payed extra.

Our photog's name was Joe D.  :)

@Smokey:  I will post pics soon, I promise! Just waiting on some from some really talented friends :)
    "That's what you get for waking up in Vegas." ***My Wedding Bio!***
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats I am glad everything else was stress free! Can't wait to see the pics!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for all these reviews! Congratulations!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm super happy everything else went well... Congrats! Also happy to hear about the Wynn :))) 
  • Options
    Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  Great reviews!  Sorry to hear about MB of course:(  Can't wait to see pics!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Glad to hear about the good reviews! I'm so sorry about MB though. I too am getting married in the Wynn Salon. I am so excited for it! So far I am receiving amazing customer service and am loving every minute of it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats Mrs. Glad the rest went well. Can't wait for pics!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards