Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

NEED SOME LOVE!

I'm officially declaring that my wedding is a bride's WORST nightmare....not one thing has gone right! With only a week to go, it is as though I'm starting from the very beginning!!

wedding planners gone, photographer out, head count for reception dropping like you wouldn't believe it, hotel room issues, the list simply goes on and on....yes, I am even admitting that a LV wedding is a mistake, I'm spending $20K and have nothing but stress

Has anyone gone down this road or have any solutions on getting thru it?

Re: NEED SOME LOVE!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok, slow down, I'm so sorry things are not turning out as expected. What can we help you with? Do you need a photographer, hotel? How many are attending now?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't even know where to begin...

we've been having problems with the hotels and are being sorted as we speak.

photographer - YES, need one desperately...I really don't want or can spend a thousand dollar on cashman photos.

RSVP deadline was 10/1/10 and we had 51 confirmed, and gave that to my caterer...then over the past weekend, the number went down to 44!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Take a deep breath.  Have you contacted any photographers? I would email and call all over the place.

You know, we spent more on Vegas than we originally thought we would, but it was still less than we would have at home.

Anniversary
  • Options
    mojodrew1mojodrew1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    if you need help, give me a call.  i'm a local.  not for business but maybe somebody to call around for you.  (702)340-8073.  hope i can help, and hope it all smooths out. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    First off :::Deep Breath::: Then...Who have you already called for Photo's? I would say you should check with the usual suspect..MikeL, Todd, Deacon, Joey Allen.

Next...Call the cater and explain...maybe they will work with the new number OR you can get some upgrades.
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree, take a moment and breathe.  How can we help you?   You're getting married at the Wynn right?  Do you need another contact for the salon?  Your planner should have had very detailed notes on your plans so hopefully someone can step in and fill her place, but all this happenning right before the wedding is stressful.

Ditto what other ladies said, call photogs immediately and then call caterer and see about upgrades to account for less people
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You could also try Highland Photography/Jill Jennings. She was very easy to work around my budget. Just google her. Best of luck, deep breathes
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Another photog, Dott Photography, see if she can take a last minute wedding on a budget. I think the caterer will understand that counts will change until a few days before (I have to give mine 3 days before).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thx for the support.

I"ve checked with the usual photographers and they are unavailable.

yes, i am getting married at the wynn and the ladies there are trying to make the transition as smooth as possible, but it just really sucks when it's this late in the game.

waiting to hear back from caterer to see what they can do from me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hope everything is working out for you, why dont you try bently and wilson photographers? Sorry if that was an obvious thing to say xx
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_need-love?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:ca3179d3-a1d8-420c-ba68-aebbb7c651b5Post:eaa76094-c7b4-4feb-93c4-f920ca7e1f49">Re: NEED SOME LOVE!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hope everything is working out for you, why dont you try bently and wilson photographers? Sorry if that was an obvious thing to say xx
    Posted by victoriaturner[/QUOTE]

He was my first choice back in March, but was already booked by another knottie here.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    John Morris, Digs and Imagine studios are also photographers options. Not much of a contribution, I'm sorry. I'm sure the caterer can accomodate your new guest count, you can't possibly be the first one to have to make adjustments! And I trust the Wynn staff to handle everything well, don't worry. You can always turn to us for help/advice!
    xoxo
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We used Jason Skinner and loved him!  jskinnerphoto.com.  His prices are on the site.  Best of luck to you.  It will all work out in the end:)

• Options
    jkhoutzjkhoutz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If no one else works out, my friend Jacob might be able to help? He doesn't have wedding stuff on his website but he's doing ours and he's done several in the past. www.jacobkepler.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards