Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Bently Wilson

Hi all,

Does anyone know what kind of camera Todd shoots with?

Thanks.

Re: Bently Wilson

• Options
    bethm098bethm098 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I spoke to Todd a while back and if I remember correctly, he used a lower end slr like a Canon 50d or something, but he might have ugraded since then (I hope lol).

Why not ask Todd though?  He could probably tell you a lot better than we could.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If a photographer isn't updating his lens at lease once a year he is crap...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_bently-wilson?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:ccc07bf5-801a-4979-b4d0-0650cd88fed6Post:60a82edb-7e7e-4421-8cfd-24576ec4c23d">Re: Bently Wilson</a>:
    [QUOTE]If a photographer isn't updating his lens at lease once a year he is crap...
    Posted by sekceyes[/QUOTE]

Huh?  A Canon 50d is a <em>body,</em> not a lens.  I am just a beginner hobbyist, but it is not the camera that takes great photos, but the <em>photographer.</em>  Yes, most pros take pride in their equipment and will spend the money on pro-level equipment, but I think it's pretty unfair to say someone is crap because they don't update their "lens" once a year.  I don't know of any serious pros that wouldn't have several lenses or at least one primary and one back up body.  From my experience with Todd, he<u> is</u> a pro and I was very happy with my photos.  That is based on experience and product, not equipment.

My camera is considered a prosumer camera, but there are several people out there with entry level SLRs, that are WAY better than I am.  Granted, I am not trying to be a pro or charging for my services, but it is proof that it is not the camera that takes good photos, but the photographer.  JMHO.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    jlstewartjlstewart member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with you Auguri. Calling a photographer crap when you know nothing about him or his work is a bit much. All I have seen of Todd's work is top notch.
  • Options
    MNVegasMNVegas member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Todd is one of the most sought after wedding photographers in Las Vegas, so obvioulsy he is doing something right.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree - just because a photographer charges more or has more expensive equipment doesn't make them better.  People just have to do their research and find out what really works for them. I get a photog with my package, but we haven't decided on an additional one. I know I'll want one, so what am I waiting for? LOL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards