Nevada-Las Vegas

Real or fake flowers?

Hi Ladies, I need your opinion! I am going to make simple rose bouquets for my bridesmaids to walk down the aisle with, and can't decide if I should make real or fake ones. I'll be driving to Vegas so if I make fake ones it's no big deal to pack them in the car. If I do real ones, I'm thinking I may have to wait until I get to Vegas to make them. What do you think? I'm leaning towards fake but I don't want it to look cheesy.

Thanks!

Re: Real or fake flowers?

• edited December 2011
    Good fake ones can cost as much as real, but they'll hold up better which might be a nice plus for flowers people will be carrying.  Bad fake ones look fake and I'd avoid those.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• edited December 2011
    I personally am a real flowers kinda gal. BUT like VG said GOOD fake are good. So it can be done. Also.... A few of the girls have done clutches instead and  on My Fair Wedding, David Tutera did this. So if you want another option where you don't break the bank it might be something to consider.
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • pebbs_17pebbs_17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm using fake flowers, my girls wanted to keep their bouquets.

• aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did paper bouquets so everyone could keep theirs.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • edited December 2011
    I personally don't like fake flowers. I would go without flowers instead of having fake. I agree w/ PP give them a clutch or even 1 real flower like a single rose would look better.
  • edited December 2011
    I was thinking to get them all a red clutch, and I also thought of the one single red rose but didn't know how that would look. Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_real-fake-flowers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:cd5d5505-7c3b-417d-84d3-2b0f84960cd8Post:485ecb8e-e77c-4a71-987f-3709f6b778d6">Re: Real or fake flowers?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I personally don't like fake flowers. I would go without flowers instead of having fake. I agree w/ PP give them a clutch or even 1 real flower like a single rose would look better.
    Posted by dvohnout[/QUOTE]
    For the second time today, I 100% agree with dvohnout.
  • edited December 2011
    Think I'll go for a clutch, it'll be something to hold and a nice keepsake after the wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    Have you thought about not using flowers?

My girl (only one...hehe) is using a parasol ...I am letting her choose the colour and style...

I am doing a summer wedding in vegas...also driving...flowers would just die on the way down...and wouldnt last long in the summer sun (outdoor wedding)

So... I think whatever you decide will be great ^_^
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I think I've decided to do a clutch! That way it can be part of their gift too. Now to find a website with good deals on cute, red clutches : )
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_real-fake-flowers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:cd5d5505-7c3b-417d-84d3-2b0f84960cd8Post:21940f6d-8c21-4ed8-b881-0c5ed6efd404">Re: Real or fake flowers?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Real or fake flowers? : For the second time today, I 100% agree with dvohnout.
    Posted by amandajean36[/QUOTE]
    You can agree with me all day long :)
  • cinegradcinegrad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know this all appears to be resolved by now (missed a couple days of Knotting), but just a caveat...make sure you know your venue's policy on flowers.  My FMIL was all set to make me some really nice artificial bouquets (especially so the girls and I could keep them) and Paris told me they'd charge me some exorbitant fee if I brought them in.  So I figure we might as well just have the real thing.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_real-fake-flowers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:cd5d5505-7c3b-417d-84d3-2b0f84960cd8Post:2c63661e-a715-4619-9f91-03f9639b5d8d">Re: Real or fake flowers?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know this all appears to be resolved by now (missed a couple days of Knotting), but just a caveat...make sure you know your venue's policy on flowers.  My FMIL was all set to make me some really nice artificial bouquets (especially so the girls and I could keep them) and Paris told me they'd charge me some exorbitant fee if I brought them in.  So I figure we might as well just have the real thing.
    Posted by cinegrad[/QUOTE]
    That's ridiculous.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_real-fake-flowers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:cd5d5505-7c3b-417d-84d3-2b0f84960cd8Post:01f3cc72-8720-4a46-8189-238611de7aa6">Re: Real or fake flowers?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think I've decided to do a clutch! That way it can be part of their gift too. Now to find a website with good deals on cute, red clutches : )
    Posted by Kmills811[/QUOTE]

Try ebags.com. That's where I got my girls their clutches.  I also googled and found a coupon code, so I ordered 4 purple satin clutches for less than $100 and got free shipping.

I believe ChrisandEva bought her clutches from there as well.
  • edited December 2011
    Perfect, thanks Olivia!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards