Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

What did FI/DH do for you?

I sit here comtemplating all the time and effort I'm putting into suprising FI with Boudior pics for the wedding.  Not to mention everything I'm doing to try to look hot in said pics and my dress!  ie: gym 7days wk, 1000 calorie diet, teeth whitening etc etc...  This is not even including all of the fluffing, plucking, waxing, tanning blah blah blah that will be done the days right before and day of the wedding!  I mean, we all want to look great on our wedding day, but what we want MOST is for HIM to think we look amazing!!!! 

So, it got me wondering...Is he going to surprise me with something that took as much effort on our wedding day?  He's a pretty thoughtful guy, but I wonder?  Hmmmmm...

For all you lucky married gals did DH do or get something nice/special/thoughtful for you?  What was his reaction/comments on how you looked on the BIG day?  Just wondering:)

Re: What did FI/DH do for you?

• Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We decided not to exchange gifts, and to put that money instead toward more kickass stuff while we were in Vegas.  The day's blurred together quite a bit already, but he did tell me how nice I looked several times, and said that the dress was just what he imagined I'd wear, only better.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto aerinpegadrak. Also on the way to the suite he complimented on how he liked the dress, hair and makeup.
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    He's buying all of my wedding day jewelry.  It's all stuff that I will rewear again and again so it'll be a nice reminder of the wedding.  Of course waiting til November to wear it is the hard part!
  • Options
    jccswljccswl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DH bought me a beautiful Tiffany's necklace, it's silver interlocking rings.
  • Options
    MNVegasMNVegas member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    With the exception of my dress, FI has paid for everything. We are going to do shows & shopping while in Vegas. Plus we have 2 additional vacations planned for this year, so that is plenty for me. 
  • Options
    keana123keana123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ellenalabama,

I love reading your posts! They crack me up. I am with you on the diet (although maybe consider bumping up to 1,200 calories), working my azz off, plucking, waxing and pulling things off, etc. But if you really think about it most of those things are for you. You are going to look and feel SMOKING HOT on your wedding day and if you continue with this new lifestyle it will last much longer than just that day. So maybe you are really FI as motivation to be the super hot sexy woman you were inside?

The only thing I am getting FI is a gift certiciate to Art of the Shave, followed by a lifetime with ME. Laughing
  • Options
    edited December 2011

The greatest gift DH gave me was shaving his ridiculous beard the week before the wedding. Ha! Although based on the reaction of others, this was a gift to many! Did I mention that it was ridiculous?!?!?!

But seriously, other than that... we decided not to spend money on gifts for each other and decided instead to invest in some major updates to our house.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    DH paid for quite a few wedding items. Also, he surprised me with a necklace from Tiffany's the day before the wedding.  It is a silver lower case cursive L charm on a silver chain.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have to wait 11 more days to find out! I am getting him Boston Red Sox Garden Gnomes they are freakin adorable I also got him a Stetson and a big hersey kiss with a personalized message

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I too am doing all the primping, plucking, and bleaching, but I think I am doing it more for me. I want to look good in the pictures, and I know my fiance will think I look great no matter what.

That being said, I don't think he is planning anything special on our wedding day. He is getting a professional shave, but that was my idea :)

• Options
    atlcatloveratlcatlover member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto aerinpegadrak.  We opted to really splurge on our HM and not do gifts.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards