Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Past Maggiano's Brides

I'm working on finalizing my menu and am thinking of having the calamari as one of my appetizers.  Did any of you choose it?  If so, how did it go over with your guests? My dad really wants it, but I'm just not sure it will be something a lot of people will like. 

Secondly, I am looking at the bride on a budget cakes from Freed's that are included in my Maggiano's package and am not thrilled.  Did any of you make changes to these cakes? What did you change and were you happy with the results?

Re: Past Maggiano's Brides

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think a couple of people had the calamari and everyone has always said everything is great. I have heard in the past that you may be able to switch out 1 dessert for another app so that way you can have more variety for people who don't like the calamari. But, there is always so so much food that if someone does not like one app they will definitely find something else that they love!!

As for the cake, we used Creations so I cant help you with what Freeds would charge.. I think there was someone that upgraded a little and they were not charged. I suggest just calling or emailing Freeds and asking them if there are any changes you can make.

Good luck!!
  • Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am going to have the calamari as an app too.  I love it too much not to have it.  A lot of people that don't like seafood usually even like Calamari, or are at least willing to try it.  And as Shannyn said there should be another app they will probably like...
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We are choosing calamari as one of the apps- hope it tastes yummy!

As far as cakes, we also are working w/ Freeds. They are customizing the cupcake tower for us exactly how we want it (cupcakes with our pups faces and then white with paws on the other cupcakes) We will have a normal cake on the top. It is within the budget for Maggiano's to cover and they were wonderful to help work around what they already offer us brides on a budget. Nor sure if you are into the cupcake idea, but I bet if you give them a call then would help create something within the price point for it to be covered under Maggiano's allowance. Good luck!

Photobucket
  • Options
    maybride2011maybride2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kteel, thanks for the info.  How are they doing the cupcakes? Do they have any of the fillings?  Or would you have say a chocolate cupcake with the buttercream frosting?  I've emailed them a couple of times, but haven't actually called.  Maybe I'll try that. 

PS your siggy freaked me out a little bit since we were discussing both being Maggiano's brides and both of our timelines say one month and one day to go.  But then I saw you're actually getting married on the 21st.  Whew!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Congrats to you !!! Fun to find someone with the same weekend as me!

Yep we have Calabria and Abruzzi Saturday 21st from 7-midnight. we will be there on Thursday around 2pm to check it out for the first time and drop stuff off though. Where is your ceremony/reception-Friday?? Ours it at Caesars Classico chapel then off to Maggianos.

I ended up calling Freeds. they dont work well with email. We are doing chocolate and white cupcakes with buttercream frosting. She is doing black paw prints on 1/2 the cupcakes, and then our pets cute lil' faces on the other half. We are having a cake top that feed about 6-8 she said and that will be Red Velvet w/ Cream cheese filling. That is simply white with black ribbon and the black paw prints.... Yep- our pets rule our lives over here and had to include them somehow in our special day :-)

Good luck to you!

Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We just had the calamari and it was sooo yummy! It's really fried so I think non-fish people might like it. Mmmm, I want some now!! Love the dog cupcake idea! I really wanted them but I couldn't justify adding on top of the cake I paid extra for. Can't wait to see pics!!!
  • Options
    maybride2011maybride2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the input Natedawg, I definitely feel better about it now.

Kteel, we're actually getting married on Saturday the 14th in the Wynn Primrose Courtyard.  We also have the Calabria and Abruzzi rooms at Maggiano's.  The ticker in your signature says one month and one day, which is what mine says, so it worried me that we were potentially double booked.  However I think yours should be one month one week and one day. Yea, I've noticed that Freed's isn't the best at emailing.  I will break down and call tomorrow - I'm so used to doing all of this via email.  We love our dog too!  I don't blame you at all for wanting to include them in your ceremony. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards