Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Need Idea's for where to have the Party Bus take us for 2 hours?

We have about 2 hours between the wedding and reception.  Since there is only going to be 19 people total I think I am going to have everyone one on one party bus because over half of those people are in the wedding party.  Are friend who has photography expirience will be taking some pictures.  I don't want to do the Vegas sign where are some other good photo opps?  Should I drop the remaining 8 people not in the wedding party elsewhere? 

Re: Need Idea's for where to have the Party Bus take us for 2 hours?

• Options
    GribblesGribbles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would say to keep the guests all together, so that the others don't feel any less important or segregated, as there are so few of them. If you have champagne / nibbles / alcohol on board then it would be fun for everyone!

I only know of the usual photo spots - Bellago, Venetian, Fremont Street...
    www.mywedding.com/benandpetra
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thanks Gribbles.  I am getting married at the Bellagio and I think the only other place I want to get pics at is Venetian.  Snack and drinks are a good idea.

• Options
    edited December 2011

So what are you going to do with the rest of your time if you are only taking pictures at the Bellagio and The Venetian? Are you gonna just ride around in the bus and see the sights?

Anniversary
  • Options
    tlbattagliatlbattaglia member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm planning on doing the bus also.  Though, I was warned to NOT bring snacks on it.  We're doing the sign and Fremont Street for sure.  All of our guests are coming on the bus.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    GribblesGribbles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_need-ideas-party-bus-2-hours?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:d3ab2593-9242-43d9-aef7-86d81ed1933bPost:8c19abf9-cf7c-4278-84ce-130468b1929a">Re: Need Idea's for where to have the Party Bus take us for 2 hours?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm planning on doing the bus also.  Though, I was warned to NOT bring snacks on it.  Posted by tlbattaglia[/QUOTE]

Who warned against this, and do you know why...?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    When I was emailing the company I was told beverages are welcome (just no glass).  They even can arrange to pick up the beverages the day before and bring coolers with ice and your beverages for you on the bus.  However, they advise me against bringing snacks.  When I asked if there was a cost or a deposit required for bringing food on the bus they said, " I don't want to insult you with a figure. Please, I beg you , please - let's not go there, OK? Let's leave the (cup)cakes at home."

To be honest, I'm a bit turned off by the way they said that.  I'm still probably going to do the bus, only because my FI is dead set on getting it.  But I would have much preferred to be able to bring cupcakes or other snacks on the bus. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I am thinking of doing the double decker bus or a party bus for my photo tour. Imy photographer said that we should do Fremont street and the Vegas sign for pictures. I am going to try to include my guest in the pictures and hopefully they want to take their own. One of my ideas is to do a garter and flower toss on the tour.I am may provide drinks but very little at the reception their will be a open bar and a lot of food . 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    @ Shaq
    Where is your reception?
  • Options
    edited December 2011

@Dione , I am having my reception at Maggiano's

• Options
    smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My parents did a vow renewal at the Viva Las Vegas Wedding Chapel and we had a couple hours to kill in a limo before dinner at the Golden Nugget.  We didn't "go" anywhere.  We drove around and drank champagne like nobody's business.  We even did a stop at a liquor store (and bought some beef jerky and other things).
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_need-ideas-party-bus-2-hours?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:d3ab2593-9242-43d9-aef7-86d81ed1933bPost:1b6541ca-3431-4be0-b284-989da019b826">Re: Need Idea's for where to have the Party Bus take us for 2 hours?</a>:
    [QUOTE]@Dione , I am having my reception at Maggiano's
    Posted by shaq123[/QUOTE]

thanks!! :)
  • Options
    GribblesGribbles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_need-ideas-party-bus-2-hours?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:d3ab2593-9242-43d9-aef7-86d81ed1933bPost:291d095a-2bf3-49b6-b4a6-a9eb6d1dd60a">Re: Need Idea's for where to have the Party Bus take us for 2 hours?</a>:
    [QUOTE]To be honest, I'm a bit turned off by the way they said that.  I'm still probably going to do the bus, only because my FI is dead set on getting it.  But I would have much preferred to be able to bring cupcakes or other snacks on the bus. 
    Posted by tlbattaglia[/QUOTE]

I don't blame you for being turned off by the way they phrased that - why not just have a no food policy rather than sounding so unprofessional?

I am planning on putting out bowls of M&Ms in our colours, as they are Vegas-y and won't make a mess! For the amount we are paying I would hope our limo company will allow this.
  • Options
    crow99crow99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    tlbattaglia - Who were you looking at as a party bus?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, I just re-read the posting.  I was looking at the DOUBLE DECKER bus for our event. 
    Double Decker Bus Company
    of Las Vegas, LLC
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards