Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Successful trip, lots of checks!

We are officially getting married on June 9th at Angel Park Golf Club. It is so beautiful and I am so excited. It is right across from the Suncoast and the Rampart (a JW Mariott). We will have ceremony and reception there. We had our engagement pics done with Todd so I can't wait to get those back in a couple weeks. We also booked him for our wedding!  Our officiants are coming with us from Kansas City and my uncle in Vegas is a judge so we won't have any legal issues with them marrying us in Nevada. We did a cake tasting at Freeds but we know one of the owners at Maries Gourmet Bakery so we might go that direction. They make beautiful cakes! Oh and we got to see Mike Epps at the Palms and it was hilarious!!!!!!
Finally, I get to try on the dress I've been waiting for tomorrow. So hoping it will be just as beautiful in person! Hope you ladies had a great 4th!

Re: Successful trip, lots of checks!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on getting all that worked out!  I've seen Nelly (shot craps with him), Mike Tyson and one of the idiots from Jersey Shore at the Palms before, never know who you're going to run into.  They got a little slack on their comps for gamblers though so unfortunately made the move elsewhere; I miss the celebrity sightings though lol.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    empeguesempegues member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on your checks... me and my FI LOVE a good comedy show!
  • Options
    kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the check! You picked a beautiful area, my venue is right by there! 
  • Options
    wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!!! Sounds like you got a lot of things taken care of.
  • Options
    BA11BA11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! I am getting married at Angel Park too...it is a beautiful venue.
  • Options
    mikkiwin8mikkiwin8 member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! Yeah *vegasgroom* we saw Craig Robinson and Urijah Faber in the Playboy club. It's funny to watch how rediculous people act when they see a celebrity. 
    It feels so good to have a venue, I feel like I can really start imagining how it will all come together now!
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    edited December 2011
    Great checks, congrats!  It's always nice to see more golf course brides on here, we seem to be few & far between... :)
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_successful-trip-lots-of-checks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:d3e861af-a7c8-4ec0-96b0-15ecd556b743Post:c3b55f97-98b1-4334-b4ff-b586a5b6bbc2">Re: Successful trip, lots of checks!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats! I am getting married at Angel Park too...it is a beautiful venue.
    Posted by BA11[/QUOTE]

Really?? When is your date? I would love to hear how your doing your reception decor :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_successful-trip-lots-of-checks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:d3e861af-a7c8-4ec0-96b0-15ecd556b743Post:08561eb5-4108-49a5-a271-4fe1a379712d">Re: Successful trip, lots of checks!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Great checks, congrats!  It's always nice to see more golf course brides on here, we seem to be few & far between... :)
    Posted by direy25[/QUOTE]

I know right?! We had gone with a couple places in mind I had seen on TK but Angel Park was actually brought up by my family who lives there. Come to find out it's been rated best of TK too. Where did you get married again?
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    edited December 2011
    We got married at the Revere Golf Club in Henderson.  My old boss was friends with the GM there so we got a few extra little discounts.  :)   The IL's also live right by Revere so it was convenient.  We actually never got a chance to check Angel Park out, it looks gorgeous though! 
    Married 5.6.11

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I talked to Revere, our only problem is we're having a lot of out of town guests so we wanted to be as convenient as possible for them without being actually on the strip. I love your pics! I've seen them around for a little while now.
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_successful-trip-lots-of-checks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:d3e861af-a7c8-4ec0-96b0-15ecd556b743Post:898835ab-1e4b-4a09-bbf3-d38a880cf464">Re: Successful trip, lots of checks!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I talked to Revere, our only problem is we're having a lot of out of town guests so we wanted to be as convenient as possible for them without being actually on the strip. I love your pics! I've seen them around for a little while now.
    Posted by mikkiwin8[/QUOTE]
    Thanks so much! 

We had a lot of out of town guests too, but we were able to get an awesome deal at Green Valley Ranch and then we shuttled people to & from the Revere. 

Can't wait to see how your wedding plans unfold!  :)
    Married 5.6.11

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! This is were we are getting married as well!
  • Options
    BA11BA11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Our date is May 27, 2012. I am going to Vegas at the end of August to decide on the food, book our photographer, music, and hopefully find a dress. I've started to think about our decor and I love the color red so I plan to incorporate that somehow. It sounds like you have a bunch of checks completed already! So far, all I have is the venue. :-)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_successful-trip-lots-of-checks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:d3e861af-a7c8-4ec0-96b0-15ecd556b743Post:cee0173c-cce0-41aa-ad37-33acf3fa54f5">Re: Successful trip, lots of checks!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our date is May 27, 2012. I am going to Vegas at the end of August to decide on the food, book our photographer, music, and hopefully find a dress. I've started to think about our decor and I love the color red so I plan to incorporate that somehow. It sounds like you have a bunch of checks completed already! So far, all I have is the venue. :-)
    Posted by BA11[/QUOTE]

I think you'll be okay since it's a Sunday wedding but don't wait too long to book the photog; a lot of the good ones book up more than a year in advance, but of course a lot more weddings are on Friday or Saturday nights so you're probably still safe for the time being.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    BA11BA11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks vegasgroom. You bring up a good point. I am going to look into it and see if I need to book one before my trip to Vegas.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We were in Vegas this pass weekend too!  We did cake testing with Creations Bakery and talked to my coordinator again and ended up buying some wedding related items.  It was fun and productive at the same time. Congrats!
    Until the first full year of being one! Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards