Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

POLL: # of invites/attendees

How many people did you invite to your wedding?  How many of those invited actually attended (or how many have responded they will attend)?

I keep hearing about one-third of invited guests do not attend, but I'm assuming that's for local (e.g. - usually larger) weddings.

Just curious, especially since I still have a few months until we send out the invites :)

Thanks!

Re: POLL: # of invites/attendees

• Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had about 80% attendance, but most of the declines were expected.  We invited 50 total, expected maybe 45 and got about 40.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might also want to factor in how far guests had to travel to attend.
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am just planning that everyone we invite is going to attend. I would hate to factor in the assumed no-rsvp's and book a ceremony or reception site that then is too small if everyone actually RSVP's with a yes.

I have been suprised by the people who have actually booked to come when I all but assumed that they weren't!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had 70% attendance. From the moment we made our list, I figured 60 of the 85 invited guests would come. Exactly 60 came. So technically we had 100% attendance for what we expected.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_of-invitesattendees?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:d5666524-0471-468a-868c-dc754d5b365cPost:f817f28a-17be-4688-aec9-b3e461bab343">Re: POLL: # of invites/attendees</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am just planning that everyone we invite is going to attend. I would hate to factor in the assumed no-rsvp's and book a ceremony or reception site that then is too small if everyone actually RSVP's with a yes. I have been suprised by the people who have actually booked to come when I all but assumed that they weren't!
    Posted by j_jaye[/QUOTE]

We're doing the same thing; we can't accommodate more than 125 so that's what we're inviting. 

We are planning on doing the unspeakable poor etiquette option of a B-list but it's an all or nothing B-list of co-workers that we'll only invite if enough family decline early enough that we can invite the whole co-worker group as an all in one.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    guamibearguamibear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not everyone has rsvp'd yet. We invited 128 people. 70 people have RSVP'd they're definitely coming, 40 people can not make it. We are still waiting to hear from 14 more people.
  • Options
    Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I don't have an answer to your question, but just an fyi I responded to your DMB post way below..:)

• Options
    edited December 2011

We are inviting 130, it looks like about 70 will be coming- potentially less.

Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We invited 38, I was expecting around 30 and 21 actually came.

Our guests were all traveling from Southewestern PA.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We invited 110 and 79 have RSVP'd that they're coming.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We Invited about 138 and so far 72 have said they are coming.  Our wedding is still 6 months out and not all 72 of those have booked though, I would estimate about 30 have booked.  I'm curious to see what happens over the next few months.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_of-invitesattendees?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:d5666524-0471-468a-868c-dc754d5b365cPost:1a50dfcb-4833-45f6-8f70-c9c8ca65944f">Re: POLL: # of invites/attendees</a>:
    [QUOTE]We invited 110 and 79 have RSVP'd that they're coming.
    Posted by mwkoby[/QUOTE]

Those are great numbers, I hope we get that kind of response.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We invited 160 and had about 70.  Our guests were flying from all over the country, namely Texas, Oregon, Washington state, and New York.  We had a ton of people who said they were coming when we sent out save the dates and then didn't make it due to scheduling conflicts and overall expense of the trip. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards