Nevada-Las Vegas

Vegas Local needs assistance!

I am a local to Las Vegas and I am despirately trying to avoid the flashy, "Vegas" themed weddings that many of the tourists are doing. I would like to do something far away from the strip and outdoors and I have yet to find a great location. Sadly, many of the smaller details of the wedding are planned but I am still missing this huge part. If you can, please help with any input or experiences you have had! Thanks in advance!

Re: Vegas Local needs assistance!

• How about one of the local golf and/or country clubs?  http://www.vegasgroom.com/45/

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Valley of Fire or Red Rock Canyon?!
  • Ditto VG's golf course recommendation - we had ours at the Revere Golf Club in Henderson.  We had also checked out Wildhorse, Rio Secco, Canyon Gate, & Bear's Best.  All lovely venues.
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• lgoin1lgoin1 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Springs Preserve?  I wanted to get married there until I decided on the Historic Fifth Street School :) And as others have said, try all of the golf courses.  We have some stunning ones here (for being in a desert!).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're getting married at wildhorse golf course in Henderson.  I really would have loved to try Springs Preserve but when we were looking they were undergoing management change and we never heard back and I didn't know how much of a pain it would be to get everyone there so I didn't pursue it.  There's also Mt Charleston Resort, I've heard great things about Angel Park golf course and Sienna Golf course.  There are some gorgeous ones in this town.  We fell in love with Rio Secco but they're F&B minimum was too high with the amount of people we are having.   But you can have the ceremony and reception outside with a gorgeous view there.

• Hmmm, I had a wedding in a Vegas hotel that was neither "flashy" nor "Vegas themed."  And the last thing I would call myself is a tourist.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards