North Carolina

Census...

Soo we did ours, but apparently our neighbors didnt. Theres only two homes in the neighborhood being lived in out of three houses.

So what happend today? 40 freaking people show up to get their information and they arent home so they swoop in on ours.

GOOD LORD!

Sadly, I thought they were all here to look at the model home. . man that was a cruel joke!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Census...

• pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It honestly drives me nuts that people don't just fill this out and send it back.  It's a federal law, you have to.  This was even the shortest census form in years, they didn't ask about education or employment information or anything like what they have in the past.  Some people are all "oh Big Brother" about it, if telling the federal government your name and your birthday scares you, then you'll probably have a heart attack at the info that comes up if you Google yourself. 

And also.  It costs the government about $0.50 per household if you just mail the dang thing back in.  It costs over $50 per household if they have to come and track you down, even if you are available the first time they stop by.  Want wasteful spending to end?  Do your part.

...off soapbox...

I'm not directing that at anyone in particular, it's just one of the things that drives me batty. 

edited December 2011
    ... although I did think it was silly to ask for both age and birthday.  Age was redundant.
  • NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Lol yeah no I understand your frustration, but Im thinking my neighbors just accidently forgot to send it in. They've been rather busy lately so it was probably overlooked by mistake.

It just somewhat humored me that SOO many showed up. Im thinking it was a 'training' though because after they talked with me, they had like a de-brief on protocol.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    edited December 2011
    That's probably true about the training since it's early in the process.  And as for "forgot", I can see how it happens, but it still disappoints me that it does.
  • wlfpkbridewlfpkbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, that many people is ridiculous. I hope it was training because I think 2 is more than enough to ask a few questions. 
  • edited December 2011
    if 40 people show up at my house, they better have freaking beer with them!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    ahahaha I can imagine them all going "hup! hup! hup!" while swarming the house too.  That must have been quite a sight!

I wonder what happened with my Census form.  I guess since I was living with my parents until I moved overseas I would have just been lumped in with them?
    edited December 2011
    The form asks for people who are living at your house as of April 1, 2010 to be included.  Sooooo if you weren't in the country then, you probably weren't counted (unless your parents just put you on there anyway)
  • edited December 2011
    Amen, Pirate.

The good news is NC had one of the best response rates, and we could possibly gain a seat in the House. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards