Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Wedding Party?

So my FI & I had decided to not have a traditional WP, but I am having my 2 soon to be SIL's and 2 BFF's and my mom with me getting hair & make-up done with me (my splurge!) and the girls have asked me what color dresses would I like them in (I told them purple). I know that my brother and prob a few of the other guy's will be with FI.  I would like to still have the girls walk in right before me and the guys prob whenever FI walks in. So my question is.....Would it look weird if they still "Walk In" but instead just take front seats? I don't want to over complicate this and my main point is that I want to give them some sort of recognition...Opinions? Undecided

TIA Laughing
2011-2012 Races
10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
Me:32 DH:33
IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)

Re: Wedding Party?

• Options
    GribblesGribbles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that would be fine - it's your wedding, you can do what you like!
    www.mywedding.com/benandpetra
  • Options
    RachNRichRachNRich member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP---I think it would be fine.

I wish I had decided to do something similar like this. We decided to just have our sister's stand up for us because our guest list is so small (26 people coming). If we had all of our friends in our WP, there would be more people standing up with us than sitting down watching the wedding. Embarassed
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    MNVegasMNVegas member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am having my sister and BIL (witnesses)  walk down the aisle and then sit in front row on bride's side. I noticed that in the chapel videos if there are too many people standing with the B&G that it looks a little crowded and gets in the way of some of the video & photography.  I think your plan sounds good.

• Options
    sharper086sharper086 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I plan to do the same. Just my sister and SIL and FI Brother and friend the girls will walk and take a seat front row. Its traditional yet not traditional wedding because its in vegas. So you can do whatever you want! I would like more BMs but really not necessary for a smaller in size wedding. Besides everyone will be looking at you!
  • Options
    Lulu80301Lulu80301 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it depends on how much room you have up at the "alter". We have a very small wedding party, so they're going to stand with us since it's such a short ceremony. Also, that way our parents can take over the front row and our wedding party will be in more of the ceremony pics.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    When we were not sure if my Fiances best friend was going to be able to make it to Vegas and stand as his best man, I was going to have my MOH walk down the aisle and then sit in the front row, so it would not look uneven at the alter. Since then, we have heard that the best man will be there, so I will have just the two of the stand, but if for some reason one of them cannot make it, I am going to have the other sit.

So, sounds good to me :)
  • Options
    ellenalabamaellenalabama member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it will look fine for them to walk in & sit instead of stand.  Just make sure the guys walk in and sit too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls! I just want to make sure it would not seem weird,lol. and yeah the alter can look crowded and I don't want that =)
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards