Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

What is the cheapest rate you've seen for Mandalay Bay rooms?

Have you ever seen it cheaper than when the 30% 72 hour sales are going on?

What amounts have you either booked or seen it for that seems cheap?  I'm just trying to get a general idea of what rate my guests and I should grab if we ever see it, and to enable us to stop looking once we've booked.  (if that makes sense).  TIA!  It would be for a Thurs. to Sun. trip.

Oh and while I'm asking this, what about Vista Suites, what's the cheapest for that you've seen?  We are able to book ours next Mon. and we are getting it for a Thurs. and Fri. in Oct.

Re: What is the cheapest rate you've seen for Mandalay Bay rooms?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    ah -Vegas hotel room prices are like watching airfares - they change by the minute!

i think I've seen the best prices at theHotel & Mandalay Bay the last 2 wks in January and the first couple of days of Febuary.  Its a slow time of year in between Convention Season & Valentine's Day.  I've found suites at theHotel in the past as low as $129/nt and the I think MB was $99/nt for regular rooms.

If you have your heart set on Oct  They're are usually good deals to be found in August that will last through Halloween.   Good Luck!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks Red!  Well since we already booked out ceremony site, we kinda have no choice but Oct.:)  My FI is a teacher so we are going over MEA wkend. $99 a night wouldn't be bad at all, I don't think.  Of course people can stay where they want but I think a decent amount will want to stay where we do, but we'll see on that.

So $99 is probably the cheapest it will get?  I know rates vary so much but hoping to get a general idea.  Also, basically for Oct. people's best bets is to not book the hotel til then?  (if they don't do a package). Thanks again!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I thought the 30% off was a pretty good deal - actually just booked my honeymoon suite today! It was about $100 for a Thursday in February and we got the suite upgrade. Friday was about $140-150.
  • Options
    kareevankareevan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In sept with the 30% the room came to $90 with tax and then boom went up...If its ever that or lower book right away :) Jus like now the media suite i booked is $700  for a saturday when I booked it, $509. I am soo happy i booked when i did
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What I've found is that you'll usually get the best rates either 2-3 mo in advance of your arrival.  (Depending of the conventions in town)

MB is one of the nicer resorts, so $99 is about as low as it will probably go - barring more economic collapse...But the next level down on the hotel food chain is Luxor & they can have rooms as low as $40/nt weekday $80/nt weekend. (even Excalibur gets as low as $25/nt weekdays!)

Also of note- if the price goes down on your room after you've booked it (but before you've paid) you can usualy talk with reservations & ask for them to give you the lower price - they'll usually honor the lower price, although they're not obligated to do so.

Just be sure to check aorund & encourage your guests to do so also - None of Harrah's properties (or Bellagio) charge resorts fees which may or may not affect anyone's decision.  You have plenty of time & I wish you the best of luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    stacymichstacymich member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did a room block through Mandalay Bay for our wedding weekend and it ws $79 for everynight!!! It was a great deal!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks for all the info ladies!

@Stacy - That's awesome!  How did that all work, do you have to have a certain amount of people to book rooms to do it?  Any details on how it all worked would be great!  We expect 50 or so guests but have no clue where everyone will stay yet, we are just under a year out.  TIA!

• Options
    stacymichstacymich member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

You just have to call the hotel to set up a room block, they go in groups of 10 rooms. There were rules that unbooked rooms would be released so many days before the wedding but that didn't happen with us, they were available up to the day. You don't pay for any that are not used, I was concerned about that. Now, I will tell you that they email you a "contract" type of deal with the number of rooms set aside, the dates, private website for booking and the price of the rooms. The private website was the $79 rate and the contract had different prices. I don't know what that was all about.
    It is definately worth setting up, there are no strings attached, so you might as well just see what price they offer you.

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

@stacy - Thanks for the info!  Are you getting married at Mandalay?  I called the group rate number today and since we aren't having our wedding there we can't get the chapel specials:(  We are having an In-Suite reception there and I think most of our guests will stay there (especially if we get a cheap rate!), but we aren't doing anything through MB besides staying there...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards