Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

**lsvensson**

Hi! I believe you were the one who suggested Nobu when I had asked for good sushi places. Do you know if they have stuff that is good that is cooked food? I know they have a "warm dishes", FI and MOH's husband both don't like sushi, but we all want to go out to eat together so we're hoping there are good options on there that they'd like to...

Also, I assume we should make reservations, and if so, how far in advance do you suggest for an Oct. 19th date?

TIA!

Re: **lsvensson**

• Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't know if this helps - I've never been to Nobu in Vegas but I've been to their sister property here in Aspen, Matsuhisa.  They have a bunch of amazing food that is cooked / not sushi so I would assume that Nobu is similar...

ETA - I just looked at the Vegas menu and there are definitely similarities.  A friend that we frequently go to the Aspen restaurant with hates sushi but can always find some awesome dishes on the menu.
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_lsvensson-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:e172dc62-d724-41e0-b43e-f69f7f71ddd4Post:f1301917-e143-4cdc-8b56-fb84dffe4bfd">Re: **lsvensson**</a>:
    [QUOTE]Don't know if this helps - I've never been to Nobu in Vegas but I've been to their sister property here in Aspen, Matsuhisa.  They have a bunch of amazing food that is cooked / not sushi so I would assume that Nobu is similar... ETA - I just looked at the Vegas menu and there are definitely similarities.  A friend that we frequently go to the Aspen restaurant with hates sushi but can always find some awesome dishes on the menu.
    Posted by direy25[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info and checking it out, definitely helpful!
  • Options
    lsvenssonlsvensson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi there!

Yeah, as PP said, they've got some hot dishes (a bit of a warning-- most of them are hot seafood dishes, so it might be tough if you've got guests who don't like sushi and cooked seafood), and there are several chicken/steak options, as well as things like chicken/veggie/shrimp tempura, etc. :)

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm butting in too... I LOVE Nobu! Last time I was there, FI and I didn't even have sushi. The food was amazing. We took our server's suggestions both times we've been there and this last time we got "things the chef is working on" that weren't even on the menu yet. It was quite possibly the best meal we've ever had.
  • Options
    Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_lsvensson-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:e172dc62-d724-41e0-b43e-f69f7f71ddd4Post:0aae34bd-5a57-45f8-8b1a-a5d0580fc8d9">Re: **lsvensson**</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm butting in too... I LOVE Nobu! Last time I was there, FI and I didn't even have sushi. The food was amazing. We took our server's suggestions both times we've been there and this last time we got "things the chef is working on" that weren't even on the menu yet. It was quite possibly the best meal we've ever had.
    Posted by Natrasha[/QUOTE]

Thanks!  Awesome info, we are sold and will be going there our first night in Vegas, can't wait!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    <--- another person who loves Nobu (only been to the one in NYC)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards