North Carolina
Options

english rose- morehead city

The wedding nightmare has begun....
My wedding planner contacted me yesterday to see if I have heard from the florist I book and deposited this past summer, the english rose.  I had spoken with them in January at a bridal show where they had an exhibt and were booking new clients.  She then informed me that she had "heard" that afternoon that they have gone out of business!! She was with a bride at another florist yesterday when the flower wholesaler came to deliver that florist shipment and he was telling them how he had just gone to ER to drop off their order and there was a sign on the door saying they were closed. He also called their number and the recorded message said they were out of business until furthur notice due to medical issues. 

I have not heard from the florist at all!!!  They have made no attempt to contact me so far.  I emailed them last night to ask them to explain the situation to me and how it would affect my wedding and having my deposit returned.  Thankfully I was able to quickly find a new florist that appears to have a better reputation.  This lady has been wonderful!! 

Has anyone on here dealt with the English Rose before?  Has anyone booked them for an upcoming wedding and talked to them recently?  The "rumor" is that the owner was bit by a dog and has aquired a serious infection. I hate that for their business but I would like to know how it is going to affect me.  At this point I am meeting with the new florist on Saturday and have heard great things about her. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards