Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Wedding Shower Poll

Hello ladies:

Well, 45 more days until our wedding...wow, where did the time go? 

This weekend is my first bridal shower.  I have had a few comments that our wedding registry is too short.  After going online to add some things, I completely understand now!  This is the first of several occassions in the next few months and a good portion of our list was already purchased!  AHHHH!!!! 

Here's my fun poll:

Have you peeked at your bridal registry to see your presents?? Cool
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Wedding Shower Poll

• Options
    edited December 2011

My family does a secret Santa style gift exchange for Christmas, where we make a list of a few items within a certain price range. I was lazy and just wrote "anything from the registry." I check it all the time to see what I might be getting for Christmas (ha!). My first shower won't be until after the first of the year though.

I did read however that it is acceptable to keep an eye on the list and make sure that you replenish items once they have been purchased so that your guests have plenty of options in different price points. Although, I think that is meant to be done once you actually receive the gift.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    rachel.wengerrachel.wenger member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I started to add more because someone at work said that we didn't have enough in a certain price range.  We already have a house and bought most of the things that we needed for it, so finding items was difficult.  We ended up registering for some fun things for just us like a basketball hoop and some Ipods...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I totally peeked at our registry, but my FI gave me the OK first.  My mom and sister are throwing me a shower in Minnesota over Christmas and one of my other BMs is throwing me one in January here in Vegas.

My FI and I also live together, so there wasn't much that we NEED.  Instead we put a bunch of stuff we want to upgrade like nicer sheets, a full set of pots and pans as well as some things we just want, like fancy kitchen appliances and tools. I also gave my FI the registry gun and turned him loose, so we have things for the garage, camping, and RockBand.  Hey, its his wedding too :)

We registered at Target and on their website they have some tips for registering.  One was that you should register for 30% more gifts than guests you are inviting.  I also read some where in the Knot that you should register for 2 gifts per guest.  That gives them some freedom to choose.

Hope this helped.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards