Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Paging Vegasgroom and any other helpful people!

Okay so my Fi's groomsman have slacked majorly on his bachelor party (they can't organize anything to save their lives). At the moment what they are proposing is a package deal that I think is pretty crap. Tell me what you guys think and please offer suggestions!

$155 per person - including tax and gratuity

9:00 p.m. limo pick-up from a hotel on the strip and transport to Spearmint Rhino with VIP entry, NO ALCOHOL INCLUDED after several hours there they will then to picked up and taken to VANITY at Hard Rock for VIP hosted entry and 4 bottles of SKYY with mixers.

Our Bachelor/Bachelorette parties are on a Sunday and the girls will be at XS.
I think a few hours at a Vegas strip club will cost a FORTUNE if no drinks are included, and the package seems pretty expensive for not alot of value....what do you guys think? Anyone have any ideas?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Paging Vegasgroom and any other helpful people!

• Options
    smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many people?  Typically bottles at a club can be anywhere from $200 to $500 per bottle.

FYI-my DH went to the SR and said that it was lame and the girls were all jerks.  "If you don't want me to dance for you, you must be an asshole" kind of thing.  He would have rather played black jack all night.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    edited December 2011
    There will be 15 of them in total.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If this is the approx values/cost:
    Tax and tip:  $500 (approx)
    Limo:  $200 (best guess)
    Bottles:  $450 each

Total value-$2500/ total cost-$2325: by that token, then yes, this is a good deal.  That is one bottle of booze per 3.75 guys which isn't bad.  You might want to find out the going rate for Skyy at that particular club.  I have definitely paid $150 for my share of a $450 bottle before (at Tao, I think). 

Yes, the booze and the strippers are going to be another couple hundred on top of that per person.  Why not do the strip club or the dance club?  Why do both?

Bi-oh-rama

"smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill

• Options
    edited December 2011
    At this point I am so frustrated with him I could scream!! 

I think that where ever you start should have the booze included as it is a great way to start the night. That way when people get tired or drunk they can head home,lol!

This way you won't even get to the club until labout 11:30-12:00 and then your included drinks start?

Some of the people going are complete lightweights and won't even make it out that late and if I were them I would not be happy spending $155 on something i'll barely be out late enough to drink!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bottles at vanity are $400. FYI- spearmint rhino is awful. If they go there, bring CASH ONLY because each time they use a debit or credit card at the bar they WILL be charged an additional $200 "hold" that falls off in 3 days.....but they don't tell you that before thy swipe ur card. Make sure thy have a table reservation because it's always packed. I suggest Hustler instead....
    *MyBio-> 07.05.2012* UPDATED: 06/08* Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Pass on the strip club and go straight to the night club BUT I have never gone to a club in Vegas much before 10 or 11.

I don't think you'll find a package that includes drinks at a strip club.  If they want to do a strip club.  Drop the night club part of the package.  Book a limo and go to a strip club.  Stock the limo with booze, cruise around a bit and then hit the club.

Glitter Gulch was pretty damn funny from what I heard.
    Bi-oh-rama

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would suggest looking in to rentthepartybus.com. They have specials for bachelor parties and they can do something like dinner then the club. I have herd good things about SR but I have never been. The bottle service being included is a good deal because they get expensive. I think calling around and getting different quotes on packages would be your best bet!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Beware spearmint rhino. They charged up a few thousand on Hubbys credit card and its been hell trying to get it back. The girls also abused the hell out of BIL because he declined a lap dance. They were there less than an hour so the tab was way over what 3 men could rack up. They have been pretty arseholic to deal with & dan said the girls werent attractive at all.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_paging-vegasgroom-other-helpful-people?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:e31fbdf6-caf7-4831-a9c1-e852605d4611Post:51924655-9dc6-44ed-b5f3-ed7426345b93">Re: Paging Vegasgroom and any other helpful people!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Beware spearmint rhino. They charged up a few thousand on Hubbys credit card and its been hell trying to get it back. The girls also abused the hell out of BIL because he declined a lap dance. They were there less than an hour so the tab was way over what 3 men could rack up. They have been pretty arseholic to deal with & dan said the girls werent attractive at all.
    Posted by j_jaye[/QUOTE]

Did they use their debit/credit cards to pay for drinks?
    *MyBio-> 07.05.2012* UPDATED: 06/08* Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't want to spend a few hours at a strip club even if it was a nice one; especially if I was with a large group.  I mean they can be entertaining and all but after an hour there's typically going to be other places I'd rather go.  With a group that large I can't imagine it not being a big mess either; strippers trying to convince everyone else in the party what they should do for the bachelor, etc.  I'd rather just go with my friends back here at home than trying to make it part of the bachelor party lol.

For my bach party eight of us spent the weekend in Key West; did some deep sea fishing, lots of good food, two nights of night club hopping, left Sunday hung over and tired.  My best man surveyed everyone going before the planning to see what kind of money they'd be willing to spend; I think the entire weekend came out to about $350/ea. including travel, rooms and food.

If I had done it in Vegas, and planned it myself, I'd probably have wanted to do something like the skydive thing off the stratosphere, maybe dinner somewhere fun and off the beaten path and then a table at a high end club.  Bottle service with enough liquor for 15 guys though could get out of hand real quick, especially if everyone's drunk since that's when the clubs love to sell you more.  Do any of your FI's groomsmen not drink?  If yes, my recommendation would be for that person to collect the money from everyone before Vegas and then they take care of ordering and paying for everything that night; that should keep things somewhat safe budget-wise, and if anyone gets stupid, they can pay in cash for whatever it is they think they want lol.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Tell them to get a Vista suite, buy some liquor and then "order" a stripper to come to the suite.

If they feel like going out to a club after then they can walk downstairs to one in MB.
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_paging-vegasgroom-other-helpful-people?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:e31fbdf6-caf7-4831-a9c1-e852605d4611Post:f70022af-39e0-43d3-acd7-57aec6b156ef">Re: Paging Vegasgroom and any other helpful people!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tell them to get a Vista suite, buy some liquor and then "order" a stripper to come to the suite. If they feel like going out to a club after then they can walk downstairs to one in MB.
    Posted by CamilleJon[/QUOTE]

That's what the guys did for H.
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yep I agree with the post regarding the beware of the Spearmint Rhino. My fiance and I heard about it and went about 2 years ago on our only trip to Vegas. We had already been drinking and of course, some strippers were chatting us up. I thought nothing of it until the next morning when with sober eyes, I examined the bill. Neither of us ever do shots and apparently the strippers decided to order 4 shots and a few other drinks on our credit card. Yep, never got the money back and the drinks were ridiculously priced anyway. I can only imagine how out of hand it could get there with some drunk individuals-I see thousands flying out of the bank account now. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If they are set on a strip club, I know the Manager at Olympic gardens offers 2 for 1 bottle service with free cover, reserved table and limo to and from club. I've heard the rhino girls are the hottest, but absolute b1tches. I have heard the Olympic garden girls are more laid back. http://forums.jackcolton.com/showthread.php?t=8295 Get a membership here- the info is all there. Pete is a good guy from all accounts that I have heard, and those forum members are vicious if you aren't. I am no way affiliated with this club.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everybody it is still up in the air but there is a good chance they are going to stick with the original plan......I will make sure they are all aware of the crazy card charges......at the end of the day they won't be able to say I didn't warn them, lol!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just don't bring a credit card or a debit card.  the cash machine only gives $100 at a time and charges a $12 transaction fee if i remember correctly.  

Like other people said, have someone collect all the money before anything starts, so that noone has to pay extra for those that spent all their cash.  I have heard horror stories of friendships lost in Vegas because someone didnt pay up.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards