Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

wedding dress to vegas

Hello all,

I am in a dilemma... I live in Michigan and our wedding is in Vegas (7-7-11), How do I pack my wedding dress, so it won't get ruined or wrinkled?

Please help... Undecided

Thanks
imageAnniversary

Re: wedding dress to vegas

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What style of dress do you have?  Mine was a trumpet style, and I just carried it on the plane in the garment bag.  I had to fold it in half to fit in the overhead bin, but there was no wrinkling.

You can always get it steamed when you arrive in Vegas if you are worried about wrinkling.
  • Options
    11Vegas711Vegas7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also taking it on the plane with me....and if nothing else will get it steamed when I get there.  I just don't like the idea of having to drag it through the airports (here in minneapolis, and then a layover in Dallas)...ugh....

I considered shippin it but I really don't want to let it out of my sight..just incase something happens...slim chance but if that gets lost then, well, IDK what I'd do!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i plan on taking mine as a carry-on...i believe my BMs are doing the same. I plan to take mine to Debi at Fit for a Bride once we get to Vegas. HTH = )
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey!  I live in Michigan too!  I am going to ship mine out to Debi at Fit for a Bride.  She said I could send the shoes, accessories, etc. out also, saves on the cost of paying and packing another suitcase.  I am having a layover so I didn't want to pack my dress.  My dress is also very heavy so I didn't want to do a carry along.  And then once you get there you have to figure out how to get it steamed, depending on your dress type.  I figured it was the least stressful option.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You guys are wonderful!!!! Thank you soooo much here is a picture of my dress!!!!

http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?keywordText=dallas+maria&keywordType=any&page=0&pageSize=100&style=J1127

I will def. be taking it on the plane with me as a carry on... I didn't want to pack it and let it out of my site...

You girls rock THANKS SOOO MUCH!  Laughing
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    11Vegas711Vegas7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ohhhh!  Love the dress! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    THANKS!!! I had to get something that looked good on me bc I have a small bust! I just love evreything about it! Not to mention it was VERY cheap for a wedding dress.. LOL =)
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    solbejsolbej member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just got back from our Vegas wedding today!! I flew with my dress (Delta), my husband carried it through the airports and the flight attendants hung it in the first class cabin for us. (It was folded in half) My dress was perfect when we arrived. It is an a-line dress with a fuller skirt. I was worried about flying, but it was perfect.
  • Options
    11Vegas711Vegas7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, that makes me feel a little better about the whole ordeal!  Hope you had a great time!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards