Nevada-Las Vegas

Planning Poll! Married welcome...

It's been a little quiet around here so I figured I'd be nosy!

Planning Poll
1. Are you a local Vegas bride?
2. If not, why did you choose Vegas? One word!
3. Are/were you over or under budget?
3. One thing you are splurging on
4. Best deal you found so far
5. Top planning priority
6. If married: One thing you wish you would have spent less money on

Go!

Re: Planning Poll! Married welcome...

• edited December 2011
    My answers:

1. Are you a local Vegas bride? No
    2. If not, why did you choose Vegas? One word! Easy!
    3. Are/were you over or under budget? On budget
    3. One thing you are splurging on nothing yet
    4. Best deal you found so far photography
    5. Top planning priority a stress free wedding
  • RachNRichRachNRich member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Are you a local Vegas bride? Nope!
    2. If not, why did you choose Vegas? One word! Fun :)
    3. Are/were you over or under budget? We didn't set a hard budget, but I think we spent more than we had originally thought we would. 
    3. One thing you are splurging on I splurged on my dress..he splurged on his suit. 
    4. Best deal you found so far Our best deal was getting married on a sunday---saved a chunk of cash!
    5. Top planning priority I don't think I ever had one. 
    6. If married: One thing you wish you would have spent less money on Hmmm...I actually can't think of anything. Perhaps hair and make-up for me and my sister? It was nearly $400 all said and done, and looking back, I liked my hair better for my TTD session than I did for my wedding, and it was much cheaper. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • GribblesGribbles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Are you a local Vegas bride? No!
    2. If not, why did you choose Vegas? One word! If I had to choose one word to explain it would be 'HALFWAY' - FI and I are big travellers and it is the halfway point between us in the UK and my family in Australia, so it is quite symbolic.
    3. Are/were you over or under budget? We have ended up spending more than we anticipated at the start as more people are attending than we bargained for, but we are on target with our saving to not be in debt afterwards.
    3. One thing you are splurging on: Our travel expenses are the main thing - direct flights from the UK, stayng 5 nights at the Encore, then 5 nights in a gorgeous rental home in LA before an 8-night luxury AI honeymoon in Mexico
    4. Best deal you found so far: My dress was only £160 from a normal high-street shop here in the UK
    5. Top planning priority: The overall 'feel' of our wedding - colours, music, venue and decor are utmost priority, all tying in together, and also making sure everyone has fun and that it is an event worth dragging everyone across the world for!
    www.mywedding.com/benandpetra
  • edited December 2011
    Planning Poll
    1. Are you a local Vegas bride? Yes

2. If not, why did you choose Vegas? One word! Excitement

3. Are/were you over or under budget? I was right there

3. One thing you are splurging on - Pictures

4. Best deal you found so far - Freemont St (cheaper everything) and fun!

5. Top planning priority - I'm anal, so everything was a priority (lol)

6. If married: One thing you wish you would have spent less money on - We did pretty good w/ money, we could have spent less on the monorail by buying the three day passes instead of one at a time. Next Time!
    Anniversary
  • solbejsolbej member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Are you a local Vegas bride?  Nope (Minnesota)

2. If not, why did you choose Vegas? One word!  Different

3. Are/were you over or under budget?  We never set a budget, but definately spent more than we thought.

3. One thing you are splurging on?  The wedding package that we chose.  We upgraded to have it videotaped and to have more photos included in the package.

4. Best deal you found so far?  ????

5. Top planning priority? That everyone has a good time, not to cheesy of a ceremony either.

• edited December 2011
    1. Are you a local Vegas bride?no
    2. If not, why did you choose Vegas? One word! lessstress
    3. Are/were you over or under budget?on budget
    3. One thing you are splurging on photographer
    4. Best deal you found so far?ceremony site
    5. Top planning priorityto relax and enjoy me moment
    6. If married: One thing you wish you would have spent less
  • edited December 2011
    1. Are you a local Vegas bride? nope...(chicago)
    2. If not, why did you choose Vegas? One word! VEGASSSSS!!!
    3. Are/were you over or under budget? So far, under....i hope I can keep it that way...but etsy.com has other ideas.
    3. One thing you are splurging on? my shoes...im treating myself to some goregous badgley mischka's
    4. Best deal you found so far? FI wedding ring, and our first night in Vegas we are staying at MGM...got it for $60.
    5. Top planning priority? for everyone to have a great time.
  • edited December 2011
    Planning Poll
    1. Are you a local Vegas bride? Nope-from San Antonio, TX
    2. If not, why did you choose Vegas? One word! Location
    3. Are/were you over or under budget? OVER
    3. One thing you are splurging on Reception venue
    4. Best deal you found so far  DIY seating chart.  Use a template I found online and clip art shared by Knotties.  Looks professional and cost $20 with the frame. 
    5. Top planning priority  Not by choice, but getting guests to RSVP!
  • edited December 2011
    1. Are you a local Vegas bride?  Yep.

2. If not, why did you choose Vegas? One word!  ---

3. Are/were you over or under budget?  We actually came in under budget by about $800.  We used the money to spend a weekend at Disneyland :D

3. One thing you are splurging on  We spent the majority of our money for our reception dinner.  We wanted a fun place with a great menu and service.

4. Best deal you found so far  I think the best deal we got was on our Mandalay Bay chapel package (Opal Shores).

5. Top planning priority  When we first started planning, we were concentrating on location (for our guests' convenience).  Once that was settled, the rest pretty much took care of itself.

6. If married: One thing you wish you would have spent less money on  I would have spent less on my dress.  While I loved it, I bought it too soon and I wish I would have waited a little longer.  A couple of months after I paid the deposit on the dress, we scaled back our wedding big time, so the dress was almost too elaborate for the event.
  • MNVegasMNVegas member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Are you a local Vegas bride? No, I'm fron Rhode Island

2. If not, why did you choose Vegas? One word! We wanted to avoid the stress and family drama of planning a big wedding at home.

3. Are/were you over or under budget? We really did not set a budget

3. One thing you are splurging on Photography
    4. Best deal you found so far I bought 2 dress for under $500!

5. Top planning priority To have the wedding we wanted, not what everyone else wanted

6. If married: One thing you wish you would have spent less money on Actually I think we did really good on money so would not change anything
  • direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Are you a local Vegas bride? No, but FI's immediate family live there and we go to Vegas at least twice a year.

2. If not, why did you choose Vegas? One word! Affordable

3. Are/were you over or under budget?  So far probably right at, maybe a little under.  It depends on how many guests actually RSVP yes.

4. One thing you are splurging on - definitely the reception

5. Best deal you found so far - I would say booking Todd for photography is the best deal we've found after seeing what a lot of other photogs charge around here

6. Top planning priority - Not getting super stressed about the planning.  I just hope people have a great time. 
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

YES!!!!

N/A

We never really set a strict budget, but I can tell that we'll be going over what we originally  had in mind!

Oh this is hard. My dress, chocolate fountain, and great food! That's all I can think of as of right now ;)

Wedding will take place Saturday brunch time. Saved us a ton of money!

5. Top planning priority
    Everything. I'm becoming more anal everyday! haha

N/A
  • csusunshinecsusunshine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Are you a local Vegas bride? No, I'm from Colorado

2. If not, why did you choose Vegas? FUN!!! We can do so much more in Vegas with our money than we ever could have at home

3. Are/were you over or under budget? We are right on track thank god, I don't need another money meltdown

3. One thing you are splurging on Open bar reception at Kahunaville for family and bridal party

4. Best deal you found so far : My dress was $99 and photography

5. Top planning priority:   To have the wedding WE want..and to make it a memorable time for everyone who comes to Vegas on our special day

6. If married: One thing you wish you would have spent less money on;
  • edited December 2011
    YAY!! Someone besides me who starts polls! :)

1. Are you a local Vegas bride?NOPE. I am a Cali girl!
    2. If not, why did you choose Vegas? One word! AWESOME
    3. Are/were you over or under budget? We had a general idea of what we wanted to stick with but no set in stone budget.
    3. One thing you are splurging on It ended up being my Dress.
    4. Best deal you found so far My Veil and my shoes. 
    5. Top planning priority To make sure and bust everyone's misconception of a Vegas Wedding....and I did :)
    6. If married: One thing you wish you would have spent less money on Nothing. I was happy with it all and ACTUALLY wish I had spent MORE on getting more time with MikeL.
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • edited December 2011
    No.  Milwaukee, WI
    Sunshine!
    Ugh.  Over and over.  We both have extravagent tastes as compared to our budget!
    F&B was really important to me (dinner reception at Craftsteak-yum!), and FI loves posh hotel rooms
    I felt that doing all of our invites, STDs, etc through Vistaprint was crazy cheap considering the end result
    5. Top planning priority
    Showing our guests a gracious and delightful time!
  • edited December 2011
    I looooove polls!
    1. Are you a local Vegas bride? NO. I'm a New York based Roman.

2. If not, why did you choose Vegas? One word! Dreamcometrue!

3. Are/were you over or under budget? Already over the budget. oopsy

3. One thing you are splurging on. One too many things we're splurging on... cinematography, 4 nights in a Wynn tower suite, honeymoon and (what do you know) probably my attire.

4. Best deal you found so far. Invitations and wedding bands.

5. Top planning priority. To make it perfect and perfectly "us".

• edited December 2011
    Planning Poll
    1. Are you a local Vegas bride? Nope.
    2. If not, why did you choose Vegas? One word! Easy!
    3. Are/were you over or under budget? We didn;t have a strict budget.  I know I wanted to spend between 5-8k.  I never added it up, but I was definetely in there.
    3. One thing you are splurging on. Our reception. I wanted good food (and lots of it), unlimited alcohol, and a beautiful location.  I got it all!
    4. Best deal you found so far: I got my photographer, Deacon Tyler, at an amazing rate.
    5. Top planning priority: For everyone to have a blast!
    6. If married: One thing you wish you would have spent less money on: Travel expenses. I waited too long to book my flight and it was crazy expensive.
  • edited December 2011
    Planning Poll
    1. Are you a local Vegas bride?  Nope (Michigan)

2. If not, why did you choose Vegas? One word!  "Us"

3. Are/were you over or under budget?  Over 

3. One thing you are splurging on  Ceremony musican (cellist)

4. Best deal you found so far  We got our MGM suite for an average of $100/night, even the check-in lady asked how we got such a great deal! (Signed up for their promotional emails and booked really, really early.  Figured we could cancel if anything better came along, but nothing did).

5. Top planning priority  Having everything taken care of by the day of the wedding, so I wouldn't stress about anything.  At that point, if it wasn't done, it just wasn't going to get done.

6. If married: One thing you wish you would have spent less money on  My nail treatments at the MGM spa were too expensive and weren't great.  (However, it was convenient).  Also, I booked two cabanas for the day after the wedding... I really only needed one.
  • edited December 2011
    Planning Poll
    1. Are you a local Vegas bride? No, but we are a straight 2.5 hour drive through the desert to California. Both my FI and I practically grew up in Vegas since our parents are big gamblers. We love it.
    2. If not, why did you choose Vegas? One word! Easyyy!!!
    3. Are/were you over or under budget? I bet I will be over our original budget. BUT my saving grace is our parents are giving us about half, so we will still be spending way less than our original budget..... I guess thats god :)
    3. One thing you are splurging on  My dress, its from Davids Bridal and probably the most expensive dress in the whole store, but as I tell everyone, AT LEAST ITS NOT VERA!!! In reality though we are splurging on our reception, Maggianos with 75 people will be pricey, but I know it will be totally worth it.
    4. Best deal you found so far again... my dress.. at least its not Vera!! I am saving thousands!! :D
    5. Top planning priority Making sure we actually make the decisions because sooommee people (in laws) are trying to control the whole thing, we dont want a cheesy Vegas wedding and all the suggestions the are giving are VERY cheesy, and VERY Vegas!! Also enjoying our time being engaged :)
  • edited December 2011
    1. Are you a local Vegas bride? No Melbourne Australia!

2. If not, why did you choose Vegas? One word! Different

3. Are/were you over or under budget? So far uder...lets hope it stays taht way!

3. One thing you are splurging on- make up and hair - I would normally never pay to have it done! and travel/honeymoon- it will cost us about $1200 each to get there but it will still work out cheaper than a wedding at home

4. Best deal you found so far- Bridesmaids dresses for $50

5. Top planning priority- everything I am a perfectionist and very anal!

• edited December 2011
    In Response to Planning Poll! Married welcome...:

1. Are you a local Vegas bride? No

2. If not, why did you choose Vegas? One word! Interesting

3. Are/were you over or under budget? Slightly over, but not much (woo hoo! LOL)

4. One thing you are splurging on? Reception package

4. Best deal you found so far? Married on a Thursday, saved a ton on our ceremony package and hotel rooms, and families saved on hotels and flights.

5. Top planning priority? Have fun

6. If married: One thing you wish you would have spent less money on? Accessories for the MOH and bridesmaid because they didn't use them.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards