Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

i want to scream!!!

I just want to freaking scream , ten days before my wedding FI friend just bailed on us, (WTF) now my FI do not have anyone to say a speech for him and we are out of a plane ticket ( yes we brought the ticket) 
  Then we had to change the time of the wedding from 5:30 to 6:00 because  the hotel  pool party ends at 6 .  the planner is tell me that their may still be guest in the pool  and she is not sure if they will be able to keep them quit but will try. she want me to consider having a indoor wedding .I didnt like the Chaptle inside, I chioce the hotel because of the garden chaple and the hotel has some great art work that will look great in our photos.(I had to get this out.)

Re: i want to scream!!!

• Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Shaq I remember you talking about this shady friend and we were hoping you wouldnt buy him the ticket!  I'm sorry he bailed on you though.  Can one of your parents give a speech?  Your BM can give a speech that includes both of you if it bothers you that he won't be having one of his friends giving one. 

Sorry to hear about your troubles with the hotel!  I hope it all works out!  Honestly though, if the noise will really bother you, than you should consider having it inside.  Even if you like the gardens better, what is more important to you, a private/quiet setting or the decor?  And really either way you wont be in the ceremony venue THAT long...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That really is too bad that he bailed, I'm sorry... people can really suck sometimes!

Does FI have a brother or another male friend that can make a speech, what about his dad? I'm really sorry, but don't let it get to you too much because your wedding will be better without that d-bag who bailed! !
  • Options
    smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Go without the speech.  My BIL didn't have anyone who spoke so only I as MOH, gave a speech/toast and it was fine.  Don't let it worry you.  Also, don't ask anyone to toast you.  If someone wants to, they will ask if they can.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear about FI's friend, I'm sure someone will be able to give a toast and you won't have to ask them too.

Hopefully you won't have to move the wedding inside, but that depends on if you will be able to deal with the noise or not.  The ceremony won't be that long and you will still be able to take pictures with all the art in the background.

Its going to be okay :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know your pain, I had a couple not show up at all. I didn't pay for their airfare but I did include them in the reception count. I was furious!! But I tried not to let it get me down and ruin my day. I had my ceremony in the Venus garden at CP and I didn't even notice the noise from their pools. I was in my own little world.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry Shaq! IMO anyone giving up a free plane ticket is a fool. Is it transferable for a fee? Maybe you can give it to someone else that couldn't have otherwise made it?

As far as the WC, if you want an outdoor wedding, then stick to your guns. Maybe they can keep people quiet for your ceremony .. what like 15 minutes?

Good luck, keep us posted!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you have any kids coming? Get them to put a fake poo in the pool before the ceremony...that will get rid of those pesky people lol

Sorry to hear that you are going through this. We are not having any speeches besides me (FI hates public speaking and I do it all the time for work) and I only plan to thank everyone for coming and thank our parents/wedding party. None of our wedding party would get up and give a toast unless they were blind drunk and hopefully they wont be yet!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am sure if the hotel lets the guest know that someone is having a wedding near by that the people will be considerate and be quiet for a few minutes.  At least I would like to think people are that considerate. Lol!
    Until the first full year of being one! Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_want-scream?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:e8656109-2136-4e64-8628-8e55db57289fPost:9558dfe9-814c-49f9-8540-2cc2209d40bf">Re: i want to scream!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm sorry Shaq! IMO anyone giving up a free plane ticket is a fool.<strong> Is it transferable for a fee? Maybe you can give it to someone else that couldn't have otherwise made it?</strong> As far as the WC, if you want an outdoor wedding, then stick to your guns. Maybe they can keep people quiet for your ceremony .. what like 15 minutes? Good luck, keep us posted!
    Posted by ebonyivory10[/QUOTE]
    Great idea! I would def look into that!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oye....free champagne for the topless ladies?  That pool party will be crazy...

http://artisanhotel.com/blog/naked-saturdays-finger-paint-saturdays-with-jerry-fill/

Saturdays: Finger Paint Saturdays with Jerry Fill
    ★ Washable fingerpaints are available for ladies to paint themselves!
    ★ NO COVER!!

I doubt asking them to keep it down is going to help.  You may want to consider going even later or going inside.

Oh, my bad, the free champagne is only on Tuesdays.  But you can be topless every day.
    Bi-oh-rama

"smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill

• Options
    erinkay81erinkay81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This sucks. I'm so sorry.
    Artisan seems to have very bad communication and planning. I kind of agree with Aegrish that you may want to move it inside. Or would they consider moving you to like 6:30 so they had time to get everyone out.
    Sorry this is happening- and you should try to see if you can transfer the ticket or receive credit. Some airlines are much more understanding than others. Good luck.
    LOTS For Sale!! Update 7/6--> erinanddavewedding.weebly.com
  • Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_want-scream?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:e8656109-2136-4e64-8628-8e55db57289fPost:e0b82c4f-1f92-44e4-ada7-dbaffdb9e5ca">Re: i want to scream!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oye....<strong>free champagne for the topless ladies?</strong>  That pool party will be crazy... <a href="http://artisanhotel.com/blog/naked-saturdays-finger-paint-saturdays-with-jerry-fill/" rel='nofollow'>http://artisanhotel.com/blog/naked-saturdays-finger-paint-saturdays-with-jerry-fill/</a> Saturdays: Finger Paint Saturdays with Jerry Fill ★ Washable fingerpaints are available for ladies to paint themselves! ★ NO COVER!! I doubt asking them to keep it down is going to help.  You may want to consider going even later or going inside. Oh, my bad, the free champagne is only on Tuesdays.  But you can be topless every day.
    Posted by smokeybailey[/QUOTE]

wow seriously? I'd  be taking that ceremony inside for SURE.
  • Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_want-scream?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:e8656109-2136-4e64-8628-8e55db57289fPost:9558dfe9-814c-49f9-8540-2cc2209d40bf">Re: i want to scream!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm sorry Shaq! IMO anyone giving up a free plane ticket is a fool. Is it transferable for a fee? Maybe you can give it to someone else that couldn't have otherwise made it? As far as the WC, if you want an outdoor wedding, then stick to your guns. <strong>Maybe they can keep people quiet for your ceremony</strong> .. what like 15 minutes? Good luck, keep us posted!
    Posted by ebonyivory10[/QUOTE]

Trying to keep them quiet will only make them rowdier.  I'm not even sure how you would try and keep them quiet.  If I was topless at a pool party it'd be hard to keep me quiet!  jk jk
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_want-scream?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:e8656109-2136-4e64-8628-8e55db57289fPost:c61e532d-1a25-4c8c-90a7-459d0e16bdfe">Re: i want to scream!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: i want to scream!!! : Trying to keep them quiet will only make them rowdier.  I'm not even sure how you would try and keep them quiet.  If I was topless at a pool party it'd be hard to keep me quiet!  jk jk
    Posted by aegrish[/QUOTE]

I agree, you can't.  This isn't some kid's birthday party.  It's a CLUB.  It's like Wet Republic or one of the other daytime clubs at a hotel pool.  I think if you could push back to, let's say 7, you could still be outside and hopefully the party would be over for the most part.
    Bi-oh-rama

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Why does your FI need someone to say a speach for him?  Speaches should be given by those who want to give them, not at the request of the bride or groom.  Not everyone has friends or family who are comfortable with speaches, I've been to weddings where there weren't any.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't realize it was that kind of party. I would be mad with the hotel for booking me in an outside wedding with that going on.  Call your WC they should be able to accomodate you indoors and they would be upgrading me somehow for that mess.  Just horrible!
    Until the first full year of being one! Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_want-scream?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:e8656109-2136-4e64-8628-8e55db57289fPost:c61e532d-1a25-4c8c-90a7-459d0e16bdfe">Re: i want to scream!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: i want to scream!!! : Trying to keep them quiet will only make them rowdier.  I'm not even sure how you would try and keep them quiet.  If I was topless at a pool party it'd be hard to keep me quiet!  jk jk
    Posted by aegrish[/QUOTE]

Well before Smokey posted the details I was thinking they could ask them something like "Hey, we have a wedding, can you keep it down?" ... and that's not unreasonable. All you can do is ask, right? But given that the pool party sounds like some hedonism retreat, I agree it's not likely to happen.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards