Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Monday Poll!

1.  When is/was your wedding?
2.  What part of your wedding are you most excited about?
3.  What part of planning has been most stressful?
4.  Favorite movie of all time:
5. Least favorite movie:
6.  If you could attend any knottie's wedding, whose would it be, and why?
7.  Name something you are looking forward to doing.
8.  Tell us a funny story about your FI/DH.
9.  Tell us something that most knotties would be surprised to know about you.
2011-2012 Races
10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
Me:32 DH:33
IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)

Re: Monday Poll!

• Options
    pebbs_17pebbs_17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1.  When is/was your wedding? 11 13 10
    2.  What part of your wedding are you most excited about? being declared husband and wife
    3.  What part of planning has been most stressful? the cake right now
    4.  Favorite movie of all time: The Wizard of Oz
    5. Least favorite movie: I think it was called "the butcher" or something, Troll comes to mind too
    6.  If you could attend any knottie's wedding, whose would it be, and why? IndieOscar's, it looked absolutely amazing!
    7.  Name something you are looking forward to doing. lunching today with my bff
    8.  Tell us a funny story about your FI/DH. He has such a great sense of humour, it would be hard to pick just one.
    9.  Tell us something that most knotties would be surprised to know about you.  My shyness often comes off as b@&chiness
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay for polls!

It was May 1, 2010. SO sad it is over!
    I was most excited for the food!
    It wasn't stressfull at all!  I was most stressed knowing that everyone I loved was flying across the country at the same time.
    The Wizard of Oz
    5. Least favorite movie:
    Groundhogs Day. I can't stand it.
    Hmm, future brides, probably Keana or Ellenalabama. They both seem like they would be a blast. I also wouldn't have minded attending Stink's, D's, or Mhoneybee's weddings. They looked beautiful and like a ton of fun!
    I can't afford a big beach trip right now, so DH and I are heading to Lake Erie for the night in a few weeks.
    He talks in his sleep, and he says incredibly funny things. One night I got up to use the bathroom, when I came back in, he was laying down still, but his arm was up in the air pointing towards the door. He then said in his sleep, "You smell like bears." It was hysterical!
    Before I met my DH, I was a little wild!  I got a bunch of tattoos and piercings, and partied way too much in college.
  • Options
    Sloane99Sloane99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love polls

1.  When is/was your wedding? July 30, 2010
    2.  What part of your wedding are you most excited about? To be his wife and on a more superficial level, to wear my dress and be a bride
    3.  What part of planning has been most stressful? I don't think anything, I'm a little worried about numbers right now, as in we might be over for the limo bus but the more the merrier and we'll figure out how to squeeze and extra couple of people in
    4.  Favorite movie of all time: Ferris Bueller is my go-to movie obviously, also a fan of Dirty Dancing and Clueless and FI and I will watch Tommy Boy every time it's on
    5. Least favorite movie: The Cable Guy
    6.  If you could attend any knottie's wedding, whose would it be, and why? It would be great to meet anyone, but I liked the concept of Marilynfan's, I would have liked to see and party with her bridesmaids
    7.  Name something you are looking forward to doing. Moving into our almost built house just before the wedding and organizing and having my first real home
    8.  Tell us a funny story about your FI/DH. Too many, unfortunately he doesn't embarass easily
    9.  Tell us something that most knotties would be surprised to know about you. That I am SUPER insecure, I thought I would have outgrown it by now, I constantly feel like I don't fit in
    2 IVFs & 1 FET. Welcome home baby girl!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1.  When is/was your wedding? It was April 24, 2010
    2.  What part of your wedding are you most excited about?  Becoming his wife! and getting to spend time with family {so sappy....}
    3.  What part of planning has been most stressful? I would have to say it was trying to WOW my Mom thru out the whole process! But in the end she loved it and was happy.
    4.  Favorite movie of all time Breakfast Club :
    5. Least favorite movie: I am going with Oliviea on this one...Groundhogs Day...ANNOYING!
    6.  If you could attend any knottie's wedding, whose would it be, and why? All of them! hehe.... I think Olivea's would have been great to be in person for the touching ceremony, Marilyfans's for the fun factor, and I think Keana's and ellenalabama are just going to be pure fun!
    7.  Name something you are looking forward to doing.  Hopefully ordering our new dishwasher for the house! We never replaced the one when we moved in...so....I hope to look this week!
    8.  Tell us a funny story about your FI/DH. I would have to say how he has crazy dreams! He had the funniest of all of the wedding dreams. He thought I had a green dress and that I did not book the chapel...
    9.  Tell us something that most knotties would be surprised to know about you. I have been engaged 2 before. When I meet FI I was only 3 month out of my last engagement. All I can say....WHEW doged a bullet on that! and am so happy that I married the right one!
    2011-2012 Races
  • Options
    sunkissed364sunkissed364 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_monday-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:e8cf2088-d039-445f-8d71-5f35aaa7fd7aPost:f8ee7ad1-66ff-40e2-a553-ffa11ca9e90c">Re: Monday Poll!</a>:
    [QUOTE]
    1.  When is/was your wedding? <strong>04/07/11</strong>
     2.  What part of your wedding are you most excited about? <strong>Being married to my best friend, being in Vegas, being with everyone I love! I'm excited about it ALL :)
    </strong>3.  What part of planning has been most stressful?<strong> Right now the reception location!! Trying to find the best deal for the amount of people we will have.</strong>
    4.  Favorite movie of all time: <strong>Not sure if i can name just one.
    </strong>5. Least favorite movie: <strong>Anything sad or anything that doesn't have a good message in it.</strong>
    6.  If you could attend any knottie's wedding, whose would it be, and why? <strong>I'm not sure. I've seen so many pretty ones! (well pictures)</strong>
     7.  Name something you are looking forward to doing. <strong>Having a day off with my fiance tomorrow! First day off in 12 days!
    </strong>8.  Tell us a funny story about your FI/DH. <strong>He's silly.. i can't think of one in particular</strong>
    9.  Tell us something that most knotties would be surprised to know about you.  <strong>Hmm... i'm not sure!!</strong>
    [/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    threemarie24threemarie24 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    March 4, 2010...102 days ago!!

Surprising everyone with Elvis was absolutely perfect. 

Family drama. I handled it great while in the moment, and it turned out fine. Just remember to be the bigger person, and keep your eye on the BIGGER picture. 

"What dreams may come"

5. Least favorite movie: 
    I know I have a few, but I try and forget about them so I dont remember the names. I already waisted 2 hours of my life on them, why wait my memory cells. :)  

I am super excited to see how everyones turns out!...I know lame answer :) 

I always love 4th of July. My DH's bought his cabin 3 years ago on the 4th so its our Cabin anniversary! 

Oh I got one! DH and I were introduced by his sister back in 2003. I meet her at a bar, she tried to pick me up for herself, but after the night went on realized I was better for her brother. Maybe because she realized I wasn't a lesbian??!) :)   --But the best part about this story is I didnt know that was her intention until she told me as part of her speech at our wedding! 

I am quitting my Corporate job next month. I am going to be a nanny! This is what DH and I have planned. I will be able to bring our kid(s) with when we start trying next year. 
    imageimage

Congrats to my super sweet BFPB, veronicafvr, She's a SEP '11 momma

Married bio ? follow my boring blog Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options
    ginamarie1985ginamarie1985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    May 22, 2011
    Our Vows. Thats what the whole things is all about!
    The evil BUDGET and trying to figure out money issues with FI's parents
    Jerry Maguire
    5. Least favorite movie:
    The Godfather (FI LOVES it - WHY???)
    Right now I really wish I could go to everyone's so that I have plenty of examples of how to pull this off!
    Going to the beach sometime this summer
    When we met and started dating we worked together as bartenders at a hotel.  The first shift we worked together after the night we first kissed (or made out hehe), he was so distracted trying to act "normal" that he broke three wine glasses at different points throughout the night!
    I've been married before, right after high school, and I have a three year old son to show for it.  He calls my FI daddy now and we're already one happy family, so getting married isn't really going to change much for us...but we still can't wait!
    "That's what you get for waking up in Vegas." ***My Wedding Bio!***
  • Options
    leman000leman000 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1.  When is/was your wedding? It was April 1, 2010
    2.  What part of your wedding are you most excited about? The best part was spending time with the most important people in our lives!
    3.  What part of planning has been most stressful? The Vegas part was super easy - the at home reception at our house with 200 people was super stressful!
    4.  Favorite movie of all time: Coyote Ugly
    5. Least favorite movie: Not sure..
    6.  If you could attend any knottie's wedding, whose would it be, and why? I would go to all of them - I absolutly love Vegas and all of the creative ideas everyone seems to keep coming up to make their wedding different from everyone elses!
    7.  Name something you are looking forward to doing. - 4th of July - Its my birthday weekend and DH just announced last night to me that he has made us plans for the weekend (which is a first!!)
    8.  Tell us a funny story about your FI/DH. He is like a little kid with candy and cannot live without M & M's daily!
    9.  Tell us something that most knotties would be surprised to know about you. - I am 25 years old with 5 grandchildren - my DH was married before and has 3 children who are my age.
  • Options
    cinegradcinegrad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

WOW...these have been REALLY interesting to read...especially Olivea and Leman00.

1.  When is/was your wedding? September 5, 2010
    2.  What part of your wedding are you most excited about? Seeing our guests' faces when they see the gift boxes we have prepared for them.
    3.  What part of planning has been most stressful? Just trying to keep the budget from exploding
    4.  Favorite movie of all time: The Usual Suspects
    5. Least favorite movie: I don't know...maybe "Lost in Translation"?  (overrated with a capital "O") 
    6.  If you could attend any knottie's wedding, whose would it be, and why? Hmm, maybe EbonyIvory because I know her off the discussion board now and EllenAlabama seems like she'd be fun to hang out with too (as long as she's not worried about having my wedding juju around ;-))
    7.  Name something you are looking forward to doing. - Hopefully a honeymoon cruise in December (not sure if the funds will work out completely just yet)
    8.  Tell us a funny story about your FI/DH. Hmm, I don't know...I know there are plenty, but none are springing to mind...is that bad?!
    9.  Tell us something that most knotties would be surprised to know about you. I'm actually a very impatient person with a fairly short fuse, but I manage to keep it under control on a day-to-day basis (FI helps a lot :-))

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to Monday Poll!:
    1. When is/was your wedding? 09.30.10 
    2. What part of your wedding are you most excited about? Sharing it with my family and friends.
    3.  What part of planning has been most stressful?  Staying on budget!
    4.  Favorite movie of all time: 3 way tie - The Life of David Gale, Usual Suspects, and The Notebook.
    5. Least favorite movie: Eyes Wide Shut .... ughh I have never been so angry about paying to see a movie in a theater!
    6. If you could attend any knottie's wedding, whose would it be, and why? Everyone's, because they all look so fun!
    7. Name something you are looking forward to doing. Going to Vegas and having the time of my life!

8.  Tell us a funny story about your FI/DH. When I first met FI I was an Eminem Superfan (traveled around the midwest and east coast to see him, posters, buttons, fan club, etc - I was young and naive) and I had a HUGE t shirt collection. One night I was getting ready to go to a concert and I was decked out in full Eminem gear head to toe, and FI looked at me and said, "Don't be that guy. You're overboard. Don't be the guy that everyone laughs at for being the fanatic. Just don't do it."  So from then on if we tell each other that something is not a good idea, we say "Don't be that guy." Hahaha :) 

9.  Tell us something that most knotties would be surprised to know about you. Hmm, hard to pick. Pretty much everyone I meet tells me I am not anything like what they expected. I don't know if that's bad or good? LOL  I used to speak fluent Spanish, but have been seriously out of practice and I also used to be a radio dj in college.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am loving these ladies!! I think I am going to have to hunt down more questions like these! hehe....
    2011-2012 Races
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1.  When is/was your wedding?  08-29-10

I think I am most excited about about our "first look" and photo tour before the ceremony.  I know I should be excited about our vows, but the idea of saying vows in front of people just makes me nervous!

Worrying about drama with my stepmother, whom I don't really get along with.  And drama between my FI's divorced parents.  Oh... and dieting...

Gone with the Wind

5. Least favorite movie:
    There are so many movies I haven't liked recently... but to keep it wedding related, I have to say Rachel Getting Married.  It was like being stuck at a wedding of people you don't like, with no way to escape.

There are so many wonderful weddings that I can't choose.

I am going to coaching my sister in the delivery room when she gives birth to my nephew in two weeks.

This is a hard one.  Hmmm... he is a University of Michigan alumni and I he seriously wears something with an "M" on it almost every day.  I might have to get him some "M" cufflinks for the wedding, so he doesn't feel naked!

I was a tv executive and a show I developed is on the air right now... but I decided to leave Holllywood, move to Michigan with my FI and become a Disney Travel Planner.  It has been a lifestyle shock, but it is also great.   
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1, March 19, 2010
    2. the whole idea of getting married in Vegas was exciting for me
    3. Starting the planning.  So many things to do, it was overwhelming.
    4. I don't think I can pick just one.  There are lots of good movies I watch over and over.
    5. Miami Vice - the only movie I ever stopped watching after 20 mins.
    6. Any one who has their reception in one of the Palms suites!!  They look super cool.
    7. upcoming vacation - Canada day weekend and going to Tremblant in August
    8. So many.  When exchanging rings at our ceremony, we are supposed to repeat after the pastor and say "<other person's name /> I give you this ring etc".  So he says his bit, then it's my turn.  The pastor asks me to repeat after him, "B .." but he hears his name and starts repeating what the pastor is saying.  So we all start laughing and I say "you stole my line"!  It was a great way to ease our nerves.
    9.  I have a motorcycle license but have never driven one on the road (took the course when I was 17).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_monday-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:e8cf2088-d039-445f-8d71-5f35aaa7fd7aPost:73c9ef28-4ce5-4050-88cc-517a0285f8f7">Re: Monday Poll!</a>:
    [QUOTE]8.  Tell us a funny story about your FI/DH. When I first met FI I was an Eminem Superfan (traveled around the midwest and east coast to see him, posters, buttons, fan club, etc - I was young and naive) and I had a HUGE t shirt collection. One night I was getting ready to go to a concert and I was decked out in full Eminem gear head to toe, and FI looked at me and said, "Don't be that guy. You're overboard. Don't be the guy that everyone laughs at for being the fanatic. Just don't do it."  So from then on if we tell each other that something is not a good idea, we say "Don't be that guy." Hahaha :) 
    Posted by ebonyivory10[/QUOTE]

I love this story!  It is so cute!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

1.  When is/was your wedding? June 26, 2010...12 days :)

2.  What part of your wedding are you most excited about? I think I am most excited to be on vacation with FI, we both work full time and go to school full time so we NEVER spend time together anymore!

3.  What part of planning has been most stressful? Honestly, going through three WCs has really stunk, especially since the last two weren't sure who ultimately had my wedding so I was receiving confirmation emails from both of them for a while.

4.  Favorite movie of all time: Gone with the Wind, Dirty Dancing or Fried Green Tomatos....I kind of like almost anything I guess!

5. Least favorite movie: King Kong...for as long as it was I came out of it with nothing.

6.  If you could attend any knottie's wedding, whose would it be, and why? Hmm...quite a few actually, Olivea and Lndsy because they were/are both at CP but in a chapel so it would be interesting to see the difference, everyone who had insuites because it would be interesting to see the different things people did with the same concept and anyone who did a photo tour because those seem SO fun and FI was so jealous when he looked on here one day and saw that was an option and that we didn't think of it!

7.  Name something you are looking forward to doing. Well aside from the wedding :).....our AHR is the 10th of July and some of FI's family from MN will be coming down which will be nice since only a few members of our families have met each other!

8.  Tell us a funny story about your FI/DH. He talks to our dogs like they are humans when he thinks I'm not listening or around (he makes fun of me because he says I treat them too human-like)!

9.  Tell us something that most knotties would be surprised to know about you. I am a total car singer when I am alone, like people can totally look in and tell that I am just singing my little heart out!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_monday-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:e8cf2088-d039-445f-8d71-5f35aaa7fd7aPost:32e31da3-dc52-4958-823b-5f55d2a5529b">Re: Monday Poll!</a>:
    [QUOTE] 9.  Tell us something that most knotties would be surprised to know about you.<strong> I am a total car singer when I am alone, like people can totally look in and tell that I am just singing my little heart out!</strong>
    Posted by Kristina1003[/QUOTE]
    Haha! Me too!
    2011-2012 Races
  • Options
    edited December 2011

1.  When is/was your wedding? Sept 21 2011...so far away!!!

2.  What part of your wedding are you most excited about? Getting to go to Vegas with my FI (it will be his first time)

3.  What part of planning has been most stressful? Nothing yet but I am a long way off.......it will probably be not being able to have a scouting trip (since Im in Australia) but everyones bios are really really helpful so a big thanks!!!!

4.  Favorite movie of all time: Rocky Horror

5. Least favorite movie: Anything on a hand held camera (like blair witch)...I get motion sickness

6.  If you could attend any knottie's wedding, whose would it be, and why? EllenAlabama....cos we are having very similar weddings and RachnRich cos it looked so beautiful!

7.  Name something you are looking forward to doing. Aside from getting married......a beach holiday to Thailand- hopefully in October!

8.  Tell us a funny story about your FI/DH. He sometimes sleeps with his eyes open....it is so funny. All of his brothers do it as well....we have a photo albumn full of pictures where someone has decorated them in their sleep but they look awake. iIhave one of my FI in full makeup holding fake flowers!

9.  Tell us something that most knotties would be surprised to know about you. I am a breast cancer survivor and in 2000 I backpacked around the world solo for 1 year.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_monday-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:e8cf2088-d039-445f-8d71-5f35aaa7fd7aPost:aa7d0217-9cd2-4cc5-8b57-e1955de14814">Re: Monday Poll!</a>:
    [QUOTE] 9.  Tell us something that most knotties would be surprised to know about you. I am a breast cancer survivor and in 2000 I backpacked around the world solo for 1 year.
    Posted by j_jaye[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>That's so awesome, congratulations to you!

</div>
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Best poll yet Stinker!

1.  When is/was your wedding? May 22, 2010. 23ish days ago.

The day of, it was really touching to be with so many people that love us. I seriously felt surrounded by love that day.

Well my planning is over, but the most stressful was the guestlist. It was around 60 ppl, and I was stressed over space in the Vista Suite. Also near the end it was money. Lots of little things come up + Vegas is not cheap!

4.  Favorite movie of all time: Dirty Dancing

5. Least favorite movie: Any of the gangster/shooting movies. My HH says I'm a wimp, but I hate movies with too much violence.

Olivea-- I think we would be friends in real life :) oh and IndieOscars wedding was insane!

Having our master bathroom redone. We are working on it now. Working on the house is taking over my wedding obsession.

I first new his friend, and the first thing he ever said to me was "I hear you are a goodie goodie" I was 15- he was 18 and yes I was a goodie goodie haha.

I'm a super duper neat freak. I'm super organized. Plus we pay someone to clean our house every other week, and without her, HH and I would fight all the time bc I can't handle my house being dirty. It is the best money I spend every month!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

May 17 ,2010

I was excited to walk down the aisle and see the look Dh face. It almost made me cry ;) . And saying our vows.

Dealing with my bridesmaids/ wedding party. They were a major pain in the a**.

Breakfast club  & footloose...  silly i know :)

5. Least favorite movie:
    I'm not a big fan of horror movies.

Oh I couldn't choose just one! I would love to attend them all . Everyone has there own unique style and personality . I think they would all be amazing and fun weddings !! 

As of right now taking our mini moon.  Vegas was sort of one , but we had so much family and friends in town we didnt get much time alone. So we were thinking of heading to the gulf coast later next month ,,, but  port aransas may be covered in oil by then.:(  Thanks BP ! ugh

I have to many LONG funny stories, But i can tell you ladies a funny thing he does while eating and drinking anything..  He will wiggle his nose like a bunny rabbit while eating or drinking..  Its the funniest thing ive ever seen. I notice it while we were dating and one day mention it. He claims he doesn't do it and im just pulling his leg..lol 
    Well i never really post much while planning , only because im super shy . yes even on the computer I'm shy .lol  .
    I was scared to death at my wedding . I hate being the center of attention and hate having all eyes on me!   Hate it hate it hate it, lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards