Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Wedding party outfit

So we are getting married in less than a MONTH and fi bestman has figured its time he get ready..lol So with that said what did the men in your wedding wear or gonna wear and did they buy new for the wedding? Oh yeah we are only having moh, and best man, ring bearer and two flower girls and all girl dresses have been ordered and coordinate and fi just bought brand new black suit with vest, should I have bestman match him with the same suit & tie and no vest?

Re: Wedding party outfit

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Our best man was going to rent from men's warehouse. YOu can go in and pick it for them and then they go get measured. HH wore a black suit w/ ivory shirt, vest, and tie. The BM was going to wear black suit, ivory shirt, black vest and tie.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our groomsman wore their own black suits with a white shirt, and we bought them matching black silk ties and white pocket squares.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know FI= Fiance but what does HH mean? Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

This has been an issue I have been struggling with too.  We only have a best man, matron of honor, ring bearer and then my father walking me down the aisle. 

I considered suits, since my FI recently bought a nice black suit... but I was concerned about the best man.  He said he had a suit, but he didn't know if it fit... etc, etc.  Mens Wearhouse told me that they do not rent suits, just tuxedos... but Tuxedo Junction does rent suits... so, that was an option.  Then my dad told me that he has a dark blue suit, not black (made me think about Steve Martin in Father of the Bride... ha ha), but he owns a black tux.   

Anyway, this week I  decided it was easier to rent my FI and the best man black tuxedos, black vests, ivory shirts, etc.  from Mens Wearhouse.  My FI is going to wear an ivory tie and the best man will wear a black tie.  My dad will rent only the vest, shirt, tie (since he only owns a cumberbund/bow tie) and wear his own tux.

We found a cute black pant, black vest and tie outfit at Macys for my ring bearer... since he is too big for the toddler rentals and it was cheaper just to buy an outfit he can wear again.  I figure that he does not need a jacket... the vest and tie will be cute enough.

That being said, if your best man is willing to buy (or already has) a nice suit that coordinates with your FI, I think that would look great. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    He doesn't fi asked him today! I'm gonna check out vest and slacks for my ring bearer..love macys..haha, I was worried about what to put little guy in but that would be perfect b/c fi is wearing suit w/ a vest so if little guy wears vest and same tie it will coordinate..YAY!

All I know fi bestman better figure it out before they meet bridezilla my moh ordered her dress months ago but w/ respect to my fi and bestman they only been to ONE wedding so bestman said he google his duties..lol!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    HH= Hot Husband. PPL also use DH= dear or darling husband
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_wedding-party-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:e949a763-8955-4d7b-9396-5e348b5b999fPost:f23551da-e50b-49a9-82fb-8f37d2701c32">Re: Wedding party outfit</a>:
    [QUOTE]HH= Hot Husband. PPL also use DH= dear or darling husband
    Posted by dvohnout[/QUOTE]

Oh haha I have seen it before but I didn't know what it meant..lol thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Groom is wearing a black suite with shite shirt and black and white paisley tie.  Groomsmen are wearing black slacks, white shirts, and white ties we are buying them. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

My FI and groomsmen are wearing gray suits. Some of the groomsmen make rent their suit.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards