Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Where'd you get dressed?

Hi all,

I'm having a slight logisitcs problem and I'm hoping someone can help.

Mostly, I'm worried about my bridal party (all 6 of 'em). See, I'm getting married at the Wynn, and I was planning on having my girls come up to my room and getting dressed in there, but it's super expensive to get a room there.  So now, I guess I'll look into Treasure Island or the Palazzo which are about half the price! 

I know there are bridal dressing rooms, but how will that work after the wedding? I'm sure we have to clear out pretty quick after the wedding. Besides I doubt if they're big enough to fit 7 girls with dresses there! 

Not to sound creepy, but, where did you guys actually get dressed / plan on getting dressed for your wedding? Any other hints or tips that might be useful?

TIA!

Re: Where'd you get dressed?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Since we were getting married at the Mandalay Bay, we splurged on a room at THEhotel.  My mom, aunt, MoH and I got ready in our room (H went to use his cousin's room at the Excalibur); then we used the bridal room at the chapel to hang out and take pictures.

Is it possible to have the budget to have a room at the Wynn for your wedding day, then switch to another hotel after?
  • Options
    RachNRichRachNRich member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got dressed in our room---Rich went to his sister's hotel room to get ready, and they rest of everyone at the wedding got ready while Rich and I were taking pictures!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm actually quite lucky in this situation! My venue has one of the biggest bridal suite in town actually! It's 3x the size of the groom's suite(which my FI hates lol), and we have 6 full make up stations, 2 bathrooms, and other really nice things. So all my girls and i will be getting ready in there. We get it 3 hours prior to the ceremony and throughout until the wedding ends. Like PP suggested, maybe you can try and get  the cheapest possible room at the Wynn even just for the day of your wedding. Try those discounts sites too like smartervegas, priceline, and hotwire. But if it's still too pricey,  the Palazzo is a good idea too, that is located right next to the Wynn. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We got married at MB.  All of us girls got ready (hair and make up)  in my Mom's room at THE Hotel.  My bridal party got their dresses on, while I wore sweats down the the bridal room at the chapel and put everything on there.  I chose to get dressed there as it was a long walk to from my room and wanted to limit the amount of time I'd be in 4 inch heels!  I knew my BMs needed to be ready though as 6 girls getting ready in there would have been too much. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at Caesars. Myself and my 4 bridesmaids will be getting ready in our room at Caesars while FI will be getting ready with his GM in their room down at MGM. Not that Caesars is extremly expensive but we were looking to cut unnecessary costs out so the first night in Vegas we are staying at MGM and then moving down to Caesars for the night before the wedding and night of wedding. Maybe you can find a sweet deal for the night before or day of (depending on what time your ceramony is) and stay there one night? Good luck!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just an idea but if you and your bridal party are staying in the same hotel maybe you could ask the hotel to put your rooms next to each other (or their rooms if you dont want to be so close) and then you could use a couple of rooms and all flit between the rooms. Just a suggestion.
  • Options
    MizLynnMizLynn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! Some great ideas here. 

I'll see what the budget is looking like, but I'm pretty sure that the Wynn is out of the question. (Unless the room rates come down). I think I might get a suite at a cheaper, closer hotel or maybe get a suite wherever and get a shuttle or even a taxi to take the girls on over. 

I'll probably get dressed in the bridal suite though...I'll have to check on the feasibilty of all this on my scouting trip in Dec. :-) 

Sometimes I think that it's weird that I think about this kind of stuff. :-p

• Options
    smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have pricelined Wynn for $129 a night (note, I CHOSE the Wynn, I didn't name my own price to this price) and now that I am on their mailing list, I get offers in the mail.  I just got one for $199/night for a winter promotion.  I don't know when your wedding is but I would recommend signing up for deals and checking all the discount sites.

Good luck.  I can't help but think how inconvenient it is to get from one hotel to another.  I mean they might be "next door" but it's still a hike.  So if it's hot, windy, cold, crowded, etc. it will be a pain to get from A to B.  Waiting for a cab one time did a number on my hair and we were only waiting 10 minutes.  Keep that in mind...
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    MizLynnMizLynn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @ Smokeybailey

Haha! How dumb am I?

I just now realised (after reading your response and checking my other email account to confirm some things....) that I hadn't yet signed up for email alerts / promotions from the Wynn. 

In all the back and forth emailing to Wynn, I guess I thought I had done it already.

Ummm........yeah.....that might've been a smart thing to do, like 4 weeks ago! LOL

Thanks for the reality check! :-)

• Options
    fizzycolorsfizzycolors member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got married at MB, and I got dressed in my room with my MOH and bridesmaid.  I wore sandals down to the chapel and changed into my heels once we got there.  The dressing room was kinda small and we couldn't leave anything in there during the ceremony so it was the right choice for me. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards