Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

color dillema for bm dress?

I had originally thought of doing red and black as my wedding colors, since my reception is at Firefly and their decor is red and black. Easy, right?

However, I just found bm dress on Jcrew in "light pewter" shown here:  http://www.jcrew.com/womens_category/dresses/weddingsparties/PRDOVR~22511/22511.jsp

I'm wondering could this work? Maybe have red accents somehow maybe just as subtle as the bouquets? I love this style and this color happens to be on sale! (Couldn't ask my bms to spend the $250 - since they already have to spend so much on travel). Need opinions please....!

Re: color dillema for bm dress?

• Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, first of all, I'm really wary of buying clothing without trying it on.  Have your bridesmaids all tried on and agreed to similar styles?

As far as color, it's a neutral, so it will work with whatever color scheme you choose.  Remember that you don't even really need to have "colors" at all if you don't want to, especially if you're not going to be doing much of your own decorating.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    tlj25tlj25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    no they haven't tried it on yet b/c it's only available online/catalog, but they have both seen and like it...we'll see what happens!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's a pretty color, and like aerin said, it's a nuetral, so I think red will look fine with it.
  • Options
    stacymichstacymich member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ordered my BM dresses from JCrew also. I would just order them in a few sizes so everyone can try them on then you can easily return the ones you don't need to the store. You don't have to mail them back in.
    I like that color, it would be really easy to accessorize.
  • Options
    tlj25tlj25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't know you could return to the actual store, that would be very very helpful. Thanks Stacy!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You could also have them try on dresses at Jcrew (not necessarily bridesmaids dresses) as their sizes are pretty consistent across the whole line. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards