Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Maggianos Brides, questions for you!

How are your guests getting from your ceremony location to Maggianos? Are you getting them transportation? Are they responsible for getting there themselves? How centralized is the location of Maggianos on the strip? How much time are you having between the ceremony and reception?

Also, are there room fees/ mins for private dining rooms?

Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Photobucket

Re: Maggianos Brides, questions for you!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Maggiano's is on the far side of the fashion show mall.  The closet hotels are Wynn and Treasure Island (http://www.vegas.com/lounge/map.html) so north of all the big properties. 

I'm getting married at the Wynn, so I anticipate my guests will just walk over the pedestrian bridge.  There is a 3 hour time difference between my wedding and reception. 

There are room minimums. 

Here's links to their menu's and room information:
    http://www.maggianos.com/banquets/virtual_details.asp?unit_id=001.025.0193
  • Options
    SunnyCanadianSunnyCanadian member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are 3.5 hrs between our ceremony at Caesar's and the reception at Maggiano's. Our guests are responsible for getting there themselves.

My future FIL asked me "what are we going to do in between?"

Umm excuse me?

It's LAS VEGAS!  Haha if ya can't find anything to do I feel sorry for ya...

I think the room minimums have changed since we booked, ours was $3000 for the Calabria room. I think I heard on here they went up.

Good luck planning!
    BFP #1 MM/C discovered at 8w2d, loss 11/18/11
    I'll hold you in my heart until I hold you in heaven
    BFP #2 7/7/12, EDD 3/14/13, stick baby stick!
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married off the strip and am looking into providing transportation between the Ceremony and the Reception. The only gap between the ceremony and the reception will be for travel time. So if you are sure you want Maggiano's and you are not sure if transportation is in the budget for your guests, get married near so they can walk. Here is a link to the strip. Maggiano's is at Fashion Show Mall

http://www.vegas.com/lounge/map.html

It is rude to have your guests wait hours to eat after your ceremony. Especially if it is a destination wedding, why should they be responsible for filling a bunch of dead space? That is bad planning!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_maggianos-brides-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:ef3e39ac-3357-42d6-9d8a-0e39e57bc3a0Post:f2d99ba3-b851-49e9-b311-26d62b854d4a">Re: Maggianos Brides, questions for you!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am getting married off the strip and am looking into providing transportation between the Ceremony and the Reception. The only gap between the ceremony and the reception will be for travel time. So if you are sure you want Maggiano's and you are not sure if transportation is in the budget for your guests, get married near so they can walk. Here is a link to the strip. Maggiano's is at Fashion Show Mall <a href="http://www.vegas.com/lounge/map.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.vegas.com/lounge/map.html</a> It is rude to have your guests wait hours to eat after your ceremony. Especially if it is a destination wedding, why should they be responsible for filling a bunch of dead space? That is bad planning!
    Posted by bearsfan[/QUOTE]

Sorry to butt in but....BearsFan! Almost ALL weddings have that "dead" time! That's usually when the Bride & Groom are getting pic's done. I went to a wedding once when the service was 11:00 a.m. and dinner at 6:00pm. Now I do agree that as much as possibly you try and make it short, but there usually is some time difference if your Ceremony Site and Reception Site are not the same place. Just my 2cents.
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Options
    atlcatloveratlcatlover member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got married at the Wynn so our guests were able to walk over.  If we had not been within walking distance I would have provided transportation.

Our ceremony was at 7pm, and our reception started at 8pm.  We took all our pictures prior to the ceremony (other than the standard family shots) to have some time together and to avoid any time gap between the ceremony and reception.  Our guests had appetizers until we got there around 8:30 and we immediately started dinner then.

I have the Abruzzi and Calabria rooms and my minimum was $5000.
  • Options
    jccswljccswl member
    edited December 2011
    The good news is that your ceremony is central strip, but it's still a trek from Caesars to Maggiano's at the fashion show mall. Provding transportation depends on the time frame between the ceremony and reception. If the reception is to follow the ceremony then it would be a good idea to have transport for guests, to keep them together (some tend to get lost). It doesn't make sense to have all guests at reception waiting around till reception, so in that case maybe it's ok for them to be responsible to get there, but I'd provide info like a map of the strip so that your guests can make arrangements on transportation.

I had my reception right after, although we had cocktail hr for our guests to enjoy while we took pics right after the ceremony. I kindof wish that we had more time to take pics around the strip, an hour wasn't enough. I'm thinking of redoing that part, just do a strip tour for pics.
  • Options
    jlstewartjlstewart member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I will be providing transportation between my ceremony location and Maggiano's. The dead time between the ceremony and reception is really a personal preference. I chose to keep mine close so that my guests could enjoy an evening out after the reception.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_maggianos-brides-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:ef3e39ac-3357-42d6-9d8a-0e39e57bc3a0Post:ac1cfbf0-43e6-40cb-9625-e370138f3910">Re: Maggianos Brides, questions for you!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Maggianos Brides, questions for you! : Sorry to butt in but....BearsFan! Almost ALL weddings have that "dead" time! That's usually when the Bride & Groom are getting pic's done. I went to a wedding once when the service was 11:00 a.m. and dinner at 6:00pm. Now I do agree that as much as possibly you try and make it short, but there usually is some time difference if your Ceremony Site and Reception Site are not the same place. Just my 2cents.
    Posted by stinkerbell6879[/QUOTE]

I agree, my ceremony and reception are not in the same place so you're right. I don't think 30 minutes to an hour is unacceptable. But come on that wedding you went to is crazy! Why didn't they have a later ceremony if they wanted a reception dinner?

People understand picture taking and even though it is "your" wedding, you are inviting people you care about--you should treat them with respect. Obviously everyone will do what they want.

But, since she was asking about wait times she should try not to have a 7 hour gap, like you had to endure. That's the gap I'm talking about. It's not like it takes 7 hours for pictures! Also, If she is going to have it close the gap seems less necessary.

Also, you should see if they have a Maggiano's locally and you can try the type of food they serve at home :) That's what I'm going to do.
  • Options
    Lulu80301Lulu80301 member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the thoughts/opinions.

After all that, we ended up booking Joes, which is in Caesars, but we're still having an hour between the ceremony and reception, which I think is acceptable. It allows us to take pictures and our guests can gamble a bit, shop in the Forum Shops, have a drink, or just wander Caesars for awhile.

Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards