Nevada-Las Vegas

Gay wedding at Planet Hollywood!

This is my first post, but I have been browsing around here for quite some time now- thanks for everyones helpful ideas (make-up and hair and photography).

My girlfriend and I got engaged a few months ago and decided to have our wedding (although not legal, it still has the same meaning to us) in our favorite place- Las Vegas!  We went on a scouting tour last month and saw Monete Carlo, Wynn, Mandalay Bay, and Planet Hollywood.  It was a tough call between The Wynn and Planey Hollywood- but we are going with PH!  Mandalay Bay has the most beautiful chapel, but their catering department was weird and the reception hall space was too "business-y".  We choose PH because their chapel was just as gorgeous as The Wynn (they recently redecorated) and the reception was very hip and fun. 

We are having the ceremony and reception at PH.  The reception will be in a ballroom for about 60 guests.  We are so excited for their red carpet experience add on.  We decided to go with the red carpet theme for the entire wedding.  Still searching for ideas on centerpeices, cake, etc.  We are going to do a red. black, and white color wedding to match the theme and decor. 

Anyone else having a ballroom reception in PH? 

Re: Gay wedding at Planet Hollywood!

• direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not having anything at PH but I just wanted to say congrats and welcome to the board!  Another knottie awhile back had the red carpet add-on and it looked like so much fun! 
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• edited December 2011
    I just love that color combination!  I can't wait to see your pics!  Congrats!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    The Wynn was really disappointed that we were not choosing them, and they offered to do the red carpet experience for us as well!  Just a thought for other knotties, that any hotel can probably do it, if you ask.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi and welcome aboard! What exactly is the red carpet experience? Thanks so much
  • edited December 2011
    The red carpet experience is where they have photogs acting liking papparzzi, and a host that interviews all guests as the walk down the carpet.  It is an add-on expense.  You can choose to have the red carpet before the ceremony, or after the ceremony as guests walk to reception.  We chose to have it as guests enter the reception.  They will interview all the guests and then make a DVD for you as a keepsake. 

That is what sold my fiance on PH.  We were 100% sure we were going to go with The Wynn, until we saw the red carpet experience.  We knew that we wanted a more fun and hip wedding that our guests will enjoy (most guests are in their 20-30's, only a few older family members) instead of super elegant.  PH was really beautiful also, so we felt like we got our elgance and touch of class along with our hip and fun! I definitly recommend the Wynn to ANYONE though- their customer service was world class and their prices are really reasonable.
  • edited December 2011
    Cute idea, but I don't think my guests would really enjoy a red carpet entrance. I can just see grandma saying, "Oh I must be in the wrong place!" LOL
  • lsvenssonlsvensson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ooh, do you happen to have the menu/pricing info from their catering department?  And what do the ballrooms look like, are they more fun than the Mandalay Bay ballrooms?
  • edited December 2011
    Mandalay bay prices are pretty much the same as PH for food and bar.  Yes, the ballrooms are sooo much better than Mandalay Bay.  I expect exceptional customer service, and would not accept anything less on one of the most important days of my life.  Mandalay Bay's catering manager that assisted us was not up to par.  In addition, their ballrooms had not personality.  PH's ballrooms were fun and hip- they had splashes of black, red, purple, and yellow.  There were also big black columns along the walls which were really nice.  The catering sales rep, Angela Dorman, was exteremly helpful!  Their food packages was all a-la carte, which was really nice because you could had more of choice for plated dinners.  I believe their menus are available online. 
  • edited December 2011
    The red carpet sounds like a ton of fun, good choice! Had we had more guests it would have been nice, but with 20 (maybe less) coming it doesn't make much sense for us.
  • edited December 2011
    The knottie that did the red carpet add on back in May seemed to have a lot of fun with it. It looked awesome and fun.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I tried to find the girl who did the red carpet back in May... found her link to her pics but they don't work anymore.  I would really love to hear how it went and see pics!
  • lsvenssonlsvensson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know they used to have a section on the PH site where you could watch the taped wedding ceremonies that occurred in the past month or so-- I saw that a couple of those had the red carpet experience included so you can watch the whole thing.  Thanks for the info, xtina!
  • edited December 2011
    Can't find it... (where to watch the videos).  I'll email my coordinator. :)
  • tlbattagliatlbattaglia member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not having anything there, but congrats and welcome!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards