Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Floral Budget Help?

I have not even started to dive into the floral aspect of my March wedding, but I know that I am going to use an outside vendor but dont want to spend a ton. Can anyone give me some ideas of cost before I start contacting vendors. I am already leaning towards Roxi and am planning on doing some carnation florals for the ceremony that I just love and should be inexepensive and I could bring back to the suite right?

How far are you all getting with your floral budget? I am thinking bouqet, 6 florals for the aisle, flower petals, boutinere (2), corsages (3 - moms), and one centerpiece for the vista suite unless I just bring back what I have set up at the flamingo. Also does the florist set it all up for you or do you have to do it? 

I never realized how pretty carnations can be! (have to click on link)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/52weeks52flowers/5125650581/

I saw some potted versions of these too along an aisle that were really pretty. not sure on colors, etc.

TIA!!!!!!!!
Molly

Re: Floral Budget Help?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I haven gotten to this point yet but I wanted to say..wow those carnations look awesome in those bouquets!
    79 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not a fan of carnations but I agree that they look beautiful in those tight boquets.  It's scary how fast wedding costs add up!  My floral budget was $500 for my boquet, 2 bridesmaids,  6 corsages, and 10 boutineers.  Oh and a flower girl & ring bearer mini arrangement and boutineer.  The total for all that was just under $500 from Pam at the Pallette (including delivery charge) which I thought was very reasonable.  I am just have her use a mix of flowers and not being very specific other than the color. 
    I also ended up getting candles and rose petals for our tables at dinner which ended up adding $150 to the total though, but I think will totally be worth it.
    Hope this helps!

I think what may be the most expensive in your plans are the aisle and centerpiece arrangements, depending on their size.  Also, Pam will not set any of our reception flowers up, she will drop them off though (for the delivery fee).  Not sure if any other florists provide 'set-up'.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Flamingo as well and I'm not doing any floral decorations outside of bouquets and bouts/corsages. I'm using the gazebo and thought it was pretty enough, and the ceremony is so short.

I'm using carnations too! I think they're so pretty when they're grouped together. I'm using Roxi. For the reception, she is doing centerpieces for me, but we're also renting extra vases and the girl's bouqets will go on our sweetheart table as decoration.

For 12 centerpieces, plus vases, plus 6 bouquets, 7 bouts and 2 corsages, I am under $1,000, which seems reasonable enough for me.

Carnation bouquets!:

• Options
    edited December 2011

My budget for my reception table  flowers was $200 ,however  Pam from Pallette gave me a 500 quote to do one long table .I not sure if it would be worth it. I make have my sister decorate my table.  

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow! Those carnations look great!

I'm JUST now starting my search for fullfilling my $200 floral allowance at my Ceasar's Palace July wedding. I can't believe how much they want to charge me for ONE bouquet! (it pretty much blows that whole $200!!) So i'm so glad you started this thread!

So far the info and suggestions have been great- and thank you ladies for posting. However, I wonder if there are any outside vendor fees for having someone deliver your floral for the wedding?? Have you come across this yet?
  • Options
    sunkissed364sunkissed364 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding is in April at Caesars Palace and O.M.G. They want to charge me i think $185 for my bouquet alone.. and then an additional $100 for each bridesmaid bouquet (and I have 4). Spending close to $600 on flowers does not sound like a good deal to me. That's not even including the guy's boutonnieres. A friend of mine actually suggested doing floral arrangements of fake flowers.. but the pretty ones that look real and you wouldn't be able to tell in pictures and what not. At first, I thought this was tacky but now I'm considering it. It would save me probably $500 to $600. &! The fake flowers will never die.. they will be keepsakes. I liked that.Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You may want to include the fathers (boutinere's) too. Tehy are usually fairly inexpensive anyhow.  I am also including grandfathers. It wil look nice in pictures too,
  • Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_floral-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:f283eea9-79bd-4513-811d-ffa5bf569c62Post:1cbb28e8-f694-4b35-ba60-8d6df21d4d1e">Re: Floral Budget Help?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our <strong>wedding is in April at Caesars Palace and O.M.G. They want to charge me i think $185 for my bouquet alone..</strong> and then an additional $100 for each bridesmaid bouquet (and I have 4). Spending close to $600 on flowers does not sound like a good deal to me. That's not even including the guy's boutonnieres. A friend of mine actually suggested doing floral arrangements of fake flowers.. but the pretty ones that look real and you wouldn't be able to tell in pictures and what not. At first, I thought this was tacky but now I'm considering it. It would save me probably $500 to $600. &! The fake flowers will never die.. they will be keepsakes. I liked that.
    Posted by sunkissed364[/QUOTE]

I am getting married at Caesars too, this is why I am going with an outside florist- half the price of Caesars (even with the $200 outside vendor fee)  Plus there have been mixed reviews regarding Caesars floral
  • Options
    MisEstaMisEsta member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Our ceremony is at MB and Im just getting the bouquet and boutonniere that comes with my plan. My mom is going to make the additional boutonnieres and Im ordering corsages for the moms. For my bridesmaids, they will all be carrying clutches/purses (these are also part of their gifts) =)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards