Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Double Decker bus informal 'reception'? What do you think?

So, after reading all about the double decker bus...we're thinking about having our 'informal reception' on the bus.  Has anyone done this? 

All we were planning on having at the reception (originally scheduled for our suite) was cake (or cupcakes) and beverages.  But, the more we think about it, the more the bus sounds like an 'us' idea.  (We also are having a reception at home the following weekend with over 300 people.  So, the Vegas after wedding reception is just going to be a small, 2 hour, time to say thanks to everyone who came out.)

Any thoughts?  Ideas?  Suggestions?

Thanks for your help!  :)
Anniversary

Re: Double Decker bus informal 'reception'? What do you think?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It's a unique idea for a reception. You know your guests better than we do, do you think they'd enjoy it?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think this would be really fun. I wanted to do this but my mom didn't think it was a good idea so I nixed it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What time of the month will you be doing it? I used it in june and my guests were asking to get off of it a half hour later because it was way too hot. they sweated through their clothes and many had to change before the reception.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I love love this idea.How fun that would be ,maybe you can add a few finger food.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it sounds good, I was going to do this after our reception but changed it.  We are now doing the bus tour as our meet and greet.  I think guest will have fun, if its not to hot out for them!  We are doing ours 8-10pm at night june 2nd, I wanted to aviod the hot sun. 
  • Options
    jkhoutzjkhoutz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Could be super fun and unique. Might take some coordination for eating and drinking, though! Wink
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In theory it sounds fun. It depends on the time of year. Plusni can't imagine trying to eat and drink in a moving vehicle.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This sounds like fun but I agree with dvohnout about eating/drinking on a moving vehicle. Also will they let you have food on the bus? I would imagine the clean up charge would be huge! Good luck and let us know what you decide because it is definately a cool idea!
  • Options
    tlbattagliatlbattaglia member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well...we're a bit undecided at this point.  There are two things setting us back from putting down a desposit:  #1: we haven't talked to my mom about it yet and #2: the guy that I've been emailing about this HIGHLY recommends NOT bringing food.  While he didn't say we couldn't...he suggests that we don't.  However, drinks are totally allowed, just not glass. 

So, I guess it's something we need to decide on.  The guy from the company said that there are 2 bus times left for the day we need.  He said we should probably book by the beginning of October for our May 2011 date. 

I'll let you know the decision and the review when/if it happens.  :)
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards