Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

VotF Brides and Grooms

ive always wondered how people can use the outdoor locations in the dead of summer....is it still really hot under all that shade at the VotF? I've seen so many pretty pictures and I just had to ask...
*MyBio-> 07.05.2012* UPDATED: 06/08* Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: VotF Brides and Grooms

• Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went to VOF for our honeymoon and on a 'cool day' it was very hot IMO.  and there's litearlly nothing out there, you would have to bring everything. We barely brought enough water. I did see a couple get married and take photos there though, but they didn't stay too long.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_votf-brides-grooms?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:f505f4f2-185b-4db2-af01-8a242fa084b2Post:f87c9a19-2505-4da1-8513-fec7b5f2ac48">VotF Brides and Grooms</a>:
    [QUOTE]ive always wondered how people can use the outdoor locations in the dead of summer....is it still really hot under all that shade at the VotF? I've seen so many pretty pictures and I just had to ask...
    Posted by AJF021410[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about Valley of the Falls at Mandalay Bay or Valley of Fire? :)
  • Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh good question Cheryl! lol I thought she meant VOF.  Isn't VOTF indoors?  I really don't know much about VOTF.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, I meant Valley of the Falls
    *MyBio-> 07.05.2012* UPDATED: 06/08* Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    lsvenssonlsvensson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went in February and while it was (understandably) chilly then, it is WINDY as hell in there-- the whole thing is like a damn wind tunnel.  Not like that'll help with the temperature in the summer, but I have a sense it might alleviate the heat issues in the warmer months.  Or at least, that's what I keep telling myself so I can stop worrying about our mid-May wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_votf-brides-grooms?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:f505f4f2-185b-4db2-af01-8a242fa084b2Post:a54b33ce-5043-4528-9904-798060639e9d">Re: VotF Brides and Grooms</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh good question Cheryl! lol I thought she meant VOF.  Isn't VOTF indoors?  I really don't know much about VOTF.
    Posted by aegrish[/QUOTE]

It's not *quite* indoors... it's open on both ends - one side faces the waterfall.  I think it's concrete on the sides and above.

I haven't been in there personally, but originally planned to have our ceremony there.  It probably doesn't hurt to give your guests fans just in case - and tell them to dress in layers :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards