North Carolina

Charlotte Reviews & Items for Sale

Hello NC peeps!  We had a wonderful wedding November 17th, 2012 at the Vintage Motor Club.  I wanted to share a quick review of our vendors for Charlotte area Knotties.  Also, I want to post some items that I'd like to sell so we can reclaim our home office.  Please scroll down past my reviews to check out items for sale & pics.

Vintage Motor Club in Concord, NC is a fantastic venue if you are looking for something different for your ceremony & reception location.  We did NOT care for the owners who were in charge of planning & set up as they had an awful attitude with us, but despite that I would still recommend this venue.  

Elle Imaging of Fort Mill did a fantastic job with our wedding photos.  I would definitely recommend them to brides on a budget who do not want to sacrifice creative talent in their photographers.  We got an incredible package deal and we are very happy with our photos.  Check them out!!!

Rick Hinson of Alley House Films did our videography and while we haven't seen the finished product just yet we are confident it will be wonderful.  He didn't miss a moment!  He did our friends wedding a year prior and we LOVED their video.  He is SO budget friendly and works all over NC.  I didn't think we could afford a videographer so we were so happy to find him through our friends.  My MOH ended up using him for her wedding in DC (yes, he traveled all the way to DC for her and even with travel costs he was well below area videographers!).  I'll see him again this month at another friends wedding.  He is awesome.  His contact info is hard to find with a google search, so here is his email:  rphinson4 AT yahoo.com.  Tell him Lacey sent you!

All the Right Grooves DJ did a great job.  We had Jill.  The price was right for us and I had a blast dancing the night away with friends and occasionally my hubby when he got his butt on the dance floor.  There were a few bumps during the reception, but nothing major.  She didn't do much "mixing" or anything special, but we still loved her and would recommend her.

Hair & Make up---I used Ann from Circa N in Baxter Village.  She and her team worked on location in Concord and did our hair & makeup at the hotel.  Very affordable and great quality.  We were ahead of schedule with them and everyone was happy with their services.  I would definitely recommend Ann and her crew!

Reverand Rebecca Nagy did a wonderful job on our personalized ceremony.  Everyone commented about what a great ceremony it was and how she is such a great speaker.  We would defintely recommend her.

Doughgirls Catering did a great job with our cocktail hour apps and buffet dinner.  Guests said they enjoyed the food.  They were budget friendly and the best we could find within our budget.  We would recommend them!

Poffie Girls in Gastonia, NC was a wonderful place for wedding dress shopping.  The consultants were nice and helpful.  Alterations were OK.  Once you buy the dress they are less friendly, but overall I had a good experience and would recommend them.

We used a local lady to make our cake.  Her name is Denise Sims Douglas and you can look her up on Facebook to contact her.  She is super affordable and so talented.  She created our cake based on a picture we found and she it looks exactly like the picture and tasted delicious.  I would totally recommend her!

Clever Cake Pops were amazing!  Cheri is SO creative and she did an awesome job with our cake pop place cards.  I would definitely recommend her for weddings and any other party you may throw!  She made awesome pops for my MOH's bachelorette party, too.  I will use her again and again.  

Harris Teeter Floral Department in Concord, NC.  We went budget on our flowers and couldn't be happier!  I was happy with the girl woring in floral at the time (Nikki, but she has switched departments at the Cobble Creek location).  We spent a little over 500 for all of our flowers and we were VERY happy with them.  I would definitely recommend looking into HT for your flowers if you are a budget bride or just don't care to spend a thousands on items that get thrown away at the end of the night.  Check out my bouquet below, no one would have ever guessed it was made by a super market florist!

FOR SALE  All items are pick up only, we live in the South Charlotte outside of Ballantyne.  Serious inquiries only at Lacey3eb AT gmail.com.  Cash only.

75 "Glimma" Ikea glass tea light candle holders w/28 unused unscented tea light candles $10 forall.  

13 "Tolsby" Ikea double sided frames with Damask designed table numbers.  We used one side as a table number and one side to display our buffet menu.  They could easily be spray painted silver or any color you want. $15 for set.

10 10inch circle mirrors for centerpieces.  We use them with 3 tiered vases (already sold) with submerged flowers and floating candles which turned out great.  I got them for $45 with shipping from Amazon.  $25 for set of 10.  SALE PENDING

5 Red Frames (2 8x10 & 3 5x7) we used them for various signage around the reception.  $15 for the set.

2 Square Vases 16 inches tall that we used for our cala lilly alter arrangements.  $20 for both.  SALE PENDING

6 and a half 2lb Bags of black river rocks. $5 for all.

7 Pottery Barn Outlet 2 tiered metal tea light candler holders.  We had these on our sweet heart table along with my bridesmaids bouquet.  Would be nice at wedding or for home decor.  $10 for the set.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards