Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Back with reviews 5/14/11 wedding Valley of the Falls

Hi all,

I did not post much but I wanted to make sure I reviewed all my vendors. We had a great wedding and I would not have changed a thing.

Burger Bar A - We used Burger Bar for our welcome dinner. I was in contact with Lisa the general manager the whole time. Initial contact was super hard to make so I just emailed our wedding coordinator to get the contact started. There is no private room here, so they just put a bunch of tables together in the back. The food is excellent and the service is top notch. In the initial email the manager told me they could not split the check, but the waitress did! That made everything super easy for our guests.

Mandalay Bay wedding chapel and Valley of the Falls - A+ - Our wedding coordinator was Aleena. She always emailed back within 24 hours and was so helpful. We met with her when we got there and she was just awesome. She made sure everything was perfect and never failed to answer questions. They had canceled ceremonies the day before and the day after ours due to high winds, but wer ended up getting super lucky. The venue was perfect and I would not have changed a thing.

Vista Suite- A+= We got the Vista suite for 5 days. I did not want to be moving rooms. We had 34135 and it was amazing. The view was directly over the strip and half the time our friends just wanted to stay in the room. I know some people say they thought the suites were dated, but this one had to have been redone recently. The carpet was new and the room had more of a fresh feeling to it. all of our friends loved it, and the room became a hang out. The room fit our 40 guests easily.

Masterpiece Cuisine A+- Scott was a gem to work with. We had the tereyaki chicken, pizza puffs, coconut shrimp, angus steak skewers, cedar plank shrimp, angus sliders, and the babay back ribs. By the time we got back from pictures all of the shrimp was gone, and 3/4 pan of pizza puffs were gone. I was amazed! We also did the bar package through MAsterpiece. We upgraded to premium and added the martini bar. The martini bar was a HIT! Everyone LOVED the chocolate martini's. Also, I think our party went through many bottles of top shelf alcohol so Scott may change the prices because of us... LOL. It was very nice to have one stop shopping with Masterpiece. The bartender was also a hit.

Debi at Fit for a bride A++ - Debi is awesome. I dropped my dress off three weeks prior when we went to Vegas. She put in a simple bustle and steamed my dress. She is the nicest person you would ever meet. I would recommend her to anyone.

Pam at the Palette- A++- I gave Pam a pic of what I wanted and she nailed it. She dropped off the flowers to the suite and they were gorgeous. They matched the pic exactly. My husband's bout turned out so nice. She has the best prices.

Gimme Some Sugar B- I don't know what the deal is with this place lately. Our wedding cake was gorgeous, and most people thought it was fake...LOL. The wedding cake was strawberry shortcake and peanut butter cup. The wedding cake was very good. Bad part.... I ordered a grooms cake. It was yellow cake with chocolate ganache... That cake was so dry.  I mean it literally crumbled in my hand. It was just gross. Luckily most guests ate our wedding cake and not that one. I would have been embarrassed.

Retro Bakery A++- I ordered these little cupcake cups from etsy with favor labels and used Retro for our favors. They are super easy to work with and the cupcakes are to DIE for. If I could do it over again, I would have went with them for the wedding cake. They do awesome cakes now. I live in Chicago, and have had cupcakes from many big bakeries. Retro takes the cake, literally.

Double DeckerBus Co. A+- They showed up on time. We stopped at the Vegas sign for pics, and did a tour of Fremont Street. The strip was super congested so I did not get to stop at the bellagio, but that is OK! The guide on the top showed our guests certain landmarks on the strip and got alcohol from the first floor of the bus more than a few times. Girls, if you have long hair tie it up with a scarf before you get on the top. My hair was crazy when I got off.

Francesca Lombardo- A+++++++- I love her. She did my makeup for our engagement shoot in October. She did the makeup for our wedding party on Staurday. I ended up doing extensions and she put them in for me. My hair looked GREAT. She did all the wedding party's hair and makeup in about 5 hours. We also did a Trash the Dress on Monday at the dry lake bed. I wanted an old Hollywood glam look. She nailed it. It turned out so good. Francesca also is very calming and easy to work with. I will call her when we visit Vegas if only to just hang out. She does great hair and makeup.

Mike L. Photo -A+++++++++++++- If I could give them infinite pluses I would. Courtney, Mike, and Perkins are so easy to work with. I knew when I booked a photog I wanted two photographers. For the wedding it was Courtney and Perkins. This seriously made all the difference. When I was getting ready Perkins was with me and Courtney went with the guys. Also, at the reception I had a corner of people who just kind of sat there. Perkins engaged all of those people and got some great shots. They were there all day with us and I could not have been happier. Two photographers is just amazing. I really feel like they missed nothing at all. On Monday Mike and Courtney did my TTD at the Dry Lake Bed. Holy crap! I saw all of the shots they got and OMG! There were a series of pics Mike took that looked like a Weeds promo. I can not wait to get all the pics back. The whole team is utterly amazing and I would book them over and over again. Courtney responds quickly and is very knowledgeable. Mike L. will definately be shooting all of my events from now on. Even if I have to fly them up here! LOL. They posted the two sneak peeks on the blog if you want to see them.
http://www.mikelphotosblog.com/

Travis Allen- A++++- Travis is AMAZING! He showed up on time, took pics with everyone, and serioiusly puts on an amazing show. He really is one of the best Elvis impersonators I have ever seen. My mom even asked if that was really him singing. LOL.

Cashman- C for pics, F for price- The Cashman photog ( I do not know his name because he did not tell me) had zero personality. he only shot the ceremony and then I let him go due to the fact I had a photographer. When we went in for the appointment the woman had this disk playing and the pics all printed out. As H and I went through all the pics I thought I was going to break down and buy them all. Um yeah.... Nope! We had 24 photos included in the package and I liked 22. There was ONE photo that I HAD to have so we ordered it in an 11x14. Other than that I could have just skipped them totally. I think the photog got about 75 pics of the ceremony and they wanted $641. Their prices are crazy!

Jason's Deli-A+-I ordered sandwich boxes for the wedding party, vendors, and us. Jason's is so good, and they deliver for $5 to anywhere on the strip. He brought everything right up to the suite and was so nice. I ordered that morning and they were right on time. They have a huge catering menu and are very reasonable.

Southwest Airlines- I always fly Southwest. I just wanted to let some brides know what happened when we were flying down. I don't know if this girl was a knottie but she boarded the plane with a huge dress bag and attempted to give the pilot some cupcakes to hang her dress in the captain's closet. He literally went off on her telling her it was against FAA regulations to allow anything in the cockpit, and that they are operating at a heightened level of security because of the bin Laden death. He told her there is an overhead compartment to store passenger belongings. She seriously looked like she was going to cry. I gave her Debi's phone number and told her not to worry about it. I would have a backup plan for any dresses if you are flying Southwest. Or you could always buy your dress a seat too!

I think that is everything. I hope these reviews can help someone. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask!

Re: Back with reviews 5/14/11 wedding Valley of the Falls

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! Post pics if you have any!

Edit: Whoops! I see the link for photos now too. :)
  • Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG I can't believe the pilot was so rude to that girl!!! Unbelievable!  And that's not true about it being against FAA regs but he has the right to deny her that as the pilot.  That was super kind of you to give her Debi's info!! I'm sure she appreciated it.  Now I'm scared to even ask them!  I am so emo I probably would cry.

I am using Debi, Travis & Pam too!  And the DD bus!  So glad you had great reviews on all of them!  I cannot wait to see your photos! Please post some when u can. Congrats and thank you for the wonderful reviews!
  • Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh I just saw the link to the pics! yay!
  • Options
    GribblesGribbles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great reviews! Sounds like it all went smoothly, bar the grooms cake! Congatulations!
    www.mywedding.com/benandpetra
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  Great reviews! 

I remember your engagement pics at the Boneyard on MikeL's blog, can't wait to see the rest of the pics, especially the TTD!  Francesca and I decided to go a little more funky/retro for our TTD session as well, isn't she great?
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So many A pluses.  That must have been a fantastic time.

::taps foot and demands more pictures::
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    edited December 2011
    DiRey,

Francesca adores you. She talked to me about you on Monday. It was so sweet. She is an amazing person.

AE, I swear the Southwest flight attendants are extra rude lately. Good luck with what you try. I would keep Debi's number just in case!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Smokey,

I seriously got so lucky, except for the dry cake. LOL. Everything was perfect! I just got home at midnight last night so I have not even had a chance to see if any friends posted anything to our shutterfly page!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh! We also got post wedding tattoos! If anyone wants his contact information please ask. LOL. He isa wonderful tattoo artist just off the strip.
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_back-reviews-51411-wedding-valley-of-falls?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:f6e472cc-6e9c-46e5-bc0c-cd50ca8c621dPost:1a2beffc-26dc-4275-83ca-a7c28ca6bcbc">Re: Back with reviews 5/14/11 wedding Valley of the Falls</a>:
    [QUOTE]DiRey, Francesca adores you. She talked to me about you on Monday. It was so sweet. She is an amazing person. Posted by jb51411[/QUOTE]
    OMG that's so sweet! 
    Married 5.6.11

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_back-reviews-51411-wedding-valley-of-falls?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:f6e472cc-6e9c-46e5-bc0c-cd50ca8c621dPost:0e2610a0-c675-4d6b-8a18-c68a2aa823ef">Re: Back with reviews 5/14/11 wedding Valley of the Falls</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh! We also got post wedding tattoos! If anyone wants his contact information please ask. LOL. He isa wonderful tattoo artist just off the strip.
    Posted by jb51411[/QUOTE]

I want it!  As well as more pics of everything.  The sneak peeks are fabulous!  Congrats and thank you for sharing your reviews.
  • Options
    wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Loved your reviews!! So awesome to hear that about Mike L's photos. Your photos look great too!!

That sucks about the Southwest.  Only flown them a couple times, I would have totally started crying though. 

Hmmm, may have to check into the Debi person.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Quick question...which bride are you?  I see two with the same initals sorry if I missed it while reading, but today is not my day. 

Great reviews!  Congrats Mrs!  Smile
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    hstaples4hstaples4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_back-reviews-51411-wedding-valley-of-falls?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:f6e472cc-6e9c-46e5-bc0c-cd50ca8c621dPost:b6bf0a7c-859c-4e70-8814-098cf50975d6">Back with reviews 5/14/11 wedding Valley of the Falls</a>:
    [QUOTE] Pam at the Palette- A++- I gave Pam a pic of what I wanted and she nailed it. She dropped off the flowers to the suite and they were gorgeous. They matched the pic exactly. My husband's bout turned out so nice. She has the best prices.
    Congratulations! reading about your wedding made me so excited for mine, we are also getting married at valley of the falls and having our reception in the vista suite. Your pictures look gorgeous and I looked your wedding video up on the Mandalay Bay website, loved it!  I was wondering though did Pam do your flowers for the ceremony cause I thought Mandalay didn't allow any outside flower vendors?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic PersonalMilestone BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi HStaples, I was nervous about this the whole time. I asked MB to have the flowers ready at 11a.m. (wedding at 3p.m.) so I could do a first look. My mom picked up the flowers at the chapel and when it came time I just walked down with the flowers. The coordinator was not my original coordinator so I don't think she knew. I gave the MB bouquet to my BM. It was the simple rose one. It really seems like MB is a don't ask, don't tell venue. The only thing I am sure of is no outside photographers. They made the guests turn off phones and cameras. It really a chance I was willing to take, because for what I wanted MB was almost 750, while Pam was 284.
  • Options
    hstaples4hstaples4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Back with reviews 5/14/11 wedding Valley of the Falls:
    [QUOTE It really a chance I was willing to take, because for what I wanted MB was almost 750, while Pam was 284.

WOW!! Shocked by that price!
    Good to know, I think I'll chance it too, I can't afford to spend that kind of money on flowers. I highly doubt the coordinator on the day of is going to remember what flowers I had ordered, cause like you I am going to have to pick up flowers about 4-5 hours before the wedding anyways. Thanks for the help!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic PersonalMilestone BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the great reviews! I am using quite a few of the same vendors so this was fantastic to read! Congrats!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_back-reviews-51411-wedding-valley-of-falls?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:f6e472cc-6e9c-46e5-bc0c-cd50ca8c621dPost:1a2beffc-26dc-4275-83ca-a7c28ca6bcbc">Re: Back with reviews 5/14/11 wedding Valley of the Falls</a>:
    [QUOTE]DiRey, Francesca adores you. She talked to me about you on Monday. It was so sweet. She is an amazing person.

She lies!  She lies!!!!

hi.  kidding.
    Bi-oh-rama

"smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill

• Options
    direy25direy25 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_back-reviews-51411-wedding-valley-of-falls?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:f6e472cc-6e9c-46e5-bc0c-cd50ca8c621dPost:3ddc668b-edc2-49ee-9b14-a174e1182226">Re: Back with reviews 5/14/11 wedding Valley of the Falls</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Back with reviews 5/14/11 wedding Valley of the Falls : She lies!  She lies!!!! hi.  kidding.
    Posted by smokeybailey[/QUOTE]

Oh don't be such a harpy. :)
    Married 5.6.11

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Eh, it's what I do.
    Bi-oh-rama

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations jb!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!

I'm confused on which bride you are on the blog too....help please:)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    On the blog we are Bridget and Jim. If you want to view the ceremony it's on the wedding webcasting site too. 5/14/11 and 3p.m. I can not wait for the total blog posts for Mike L. I know the wedding had several great shots, but the TTD ones were insane. It was between twilight and sunset at the dry lake bed and the colors were ridiculous. I will let everyone know when they are up. I forgot one thing. H went for a straight razor shave at Elliot and Co. It's a little off the strip. The art of shaving was closed for a remodel. He absolutely loved it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have Aleena as a WC.  Haven't done much yet but I love her already!
    Until the first full year of being one! Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the great reviews!! We are also using Retro for cupcakes and our cake, Debi, DDBCo., Francesca, Mike L, Jasons Deli & Southwest!!!

Congrats Mrs!!!
  • Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_back-reviews-51411-wedding-valley-of-falls?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:f6e472cc-6e9c-46e5-bc0c-cd50ca8c621dPost:1a2beffc-26dc-4275-83ca-a7c28ca6bcbc">Re: Back with reviews 5/14/11 wedding Valley of the Falls</a>:
    [QUOTE]DiRey, Francesca adores you. She talked to me about you on Monday. It was so sweet. She is an amazing person. AE, I swear the Southwest flight attendants are extra rude lately. Good luck with what you try. I would keep Debi's number just in case!

oH I booked Debi months ago for all our dresses!  No way I'd pay the hotel steamers $200.  THanks for the striaght razor shave info...
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Congrats!  Thanks for the reviews - much appreciated! 

"You'd be surprised how much it costs to look this cheap." - Dolly Parton Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards