Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Introduction :)

Hi all,

My FI and I just made the decision to have a destination wedding in Las Vegas.  We started planning a large wedding here in Michigan for 9/2/12, but all along, I knew that really wasn't what I wanted.  I think about 50-60 people will come out for our wedding most likely September or October 2012.

From online research, I really like Caesars (Juno Garden), Flamingo (Gazebo Chapel), and Mandalay Bay for the ceremony.  I am all over the board with the reception, though.  I don't necessarily want a traditional, plated dinner; I would prefer something more casual (h'ors d'oeuvres, dessert, and drinks) at a restaurant  or an in-suite reception.  Someone recommended Margaritaville, but that wouldn't be feasible if we get married at Mandalay Bay.

We plan to do a scouting trip this summer, and it can't come soon enough!  I've been looking at other vegas knotties' bios...there is so much information!

I know I'm still a ways out (heck, I'm still trying to nail down our Vegas budget), but any advice on ceremony and informal reception locations would be greatly appreciated!  TIA!
76 invited image 35 ready to partyimage 41 staying homeimageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Introduction :)

• Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

welcome! I'm originally from michigan I grew up in Northville!  You'll find lots of info on here :)

FYI: if you're going to do an 'informal' appetizers and desserts reception, I would definitely lean towards in-suite.  As a guest, if I went to a reception at a restaurant but was not offered a full meal, I think I would feel a bit put off by that after travelling to attend a DW.  But as past brides have posted, heavy apps in the suites turned out amazing for them and were comparable to a full meal.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the quick response!  Yes, that is a concern of mine, as well.  I defintely need to show our appreciation to them for traveling so far for our wedding.  Maybe heavy apps in-suite is the way to go...  Great to hear from someone from Michigan!     
    76 invited image 35 ready to partyimage 41 staying homeimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you do in suite, Mandalay Bay has lots of options for their suites. THE Hotel and Four Seasons are also connected to Mandalay bay and would be other options that I would suggest you look into as well.

Four Seasons actually has their own wedding department separate from Mandalay bay and it has a nice garden too if you haven't looked into that yet. The pictures on their website are a bit outdated but you should be able to email for new ones. Melanie is the name of their coordinator and she is amazing!

I'm sure you can also do the same at Caesar's and Flamingo but I haven't looked into them myself so I couldn't give suggestions there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats&welcome , I agree with aegrish,with you are only having a apps,desert you should have a in suit reception.
  • Options
    aussiedazeaussiedaze member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just a note on the Four Seasons...they only let you have your wedding there if you do both the ceremony & reception.  My FI had looked into having our ceremony there but had to nix it because we already have a venue booked for our reception.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all so much for your advice!  I am definitely going to look into the in-suite reception.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards