Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Reviews

We were married one month ago today so I figured it was about time to post my reviews. Overall the wedding weekend was wonderful. We had about 70 guests join us in Vegas. I apologize for this being so long but wanted to share as much as possible.

Stratosphere-Chapel in the Clouds ­­- Grade A-

As our guest list grew we went on the hunt for a chapel that would hold 80 – 95 guests. We also wanted something just a little different than the normal strip chapel. The Bella Vista chapel was just what we were looking for. Daun and Adell were very easy to work with. We were able to use our own minister and florist (as long as we brought the flowers with us to the chapel).  Because we had more than 50 guests we upgraded and got an hour of chapel time which worked out well. The Reverend that normally officiates wedding walked our own minister through everything that had to be done. The butler that was assigned to assist me, the groom and the wedding party was very professional and kept things moving on schedule. Another plus was that our friends and family were allowed to take photos during and after the ceremony. We were able to get some amazing shots given that the chapel was located on the 103rd floor. Our guests were also able to take some pictures on the observation deck. The only drawback to the wedding was the photography/videography provided in the package (see below).

Cashman Photography/Videography - Grade C

We had to utilize Cashman for the photography and videography during the wedding as outside photographers were not allowed.  The photos were just ok and we ended up getting the same shots the photographer took from our friends and family and the quality was just as good and better on some shots. My ceremony started with a reading from my brother. I was sad to see that it wasn’t captured on the DVD of the ceremony. When I called Cashman they were reluctant to even check for the footage.

Gold Coast - Grade B-

We hosted a welcome bowling party at Gold Coast.  The actual day of the event went great but all the preplanning was a bit of a hassle. I called multiple times trying to set up some catering for my group and ended up getting the run around. The day of I just came in a bit early and pre-ordered some items from the snack bar.

Todd from Bentley and Wilson – Grade A

What else can be said about Todd other than he was great to work with.  I already have my pictures back and they are fantastic. I was so impressed with the candid shots no one realized he was taking. Attached below is one of our pictures from Todd. We were able to sneak in a quick trip to the Vegas sign while our guests were having a cocktail hour.

Maggiano’s - Grade A-

We utilized DiCarlo, Abruzzi and Calabria. Marc and Cassy were great to work with. We went back and forth a few times on the room setup but everything turned out great. We had enough room for our 70 guests as well as a dance floor. On top of the food being great we were able to include a couple of our vendors in the room minimum. We realized a few days prior that we would be slightly below our room minimum. Marc worked with me to add a couple items to our package to get us right where we needed to be. Our guests really enjoyed having chocolate covered strawberries and lemon cookies passed during the last hour of the reception. We opted for a cocktail reception style event with passed hors d'oeuvres and a buffet for the full four hours. The only glitch was some of the servers tried to “ration” out the food even though it was an unlimited amount of passed hors d’oeuvres in our package.

Rosey Posey Florist – Grade A

Michelle was wonderful to work with. The prices were great and the bouquets and centerpieces looked wonderful. Michelle delivered our bouquets to our hotel and went over and set up the room at Maggiano’s.  

Creations Bakery – Grade A

Susie was great to work with and the cake was delicious. We were able to include the cost of the cake in our room minimum at Maggiano’s. The price was right and I would recommend her.

AWG transportation – Grade B+

I booked the transportation pretty close to our wedding date and I was glad I chose AWG. We used a variety of vehicles, shuttle bus, limo and limo bus. Setting up the booking with Leilani was super easy. I sent her a detailed list of what our needs were and she sent me back a comprehensive breakdown of my costs. Two major pluses for AWG – you can rent by the hour and the price we were quoted included all gratuities and fees.  The only drawback was a couple of my drivers were confused as to who they were picking up and where they were dropping people off (our guests were heading to the reception site and the bridal party was heading to the Vegas sign for pictures). Once I talked them through who was going where, everything ran smoothly.

Men’s Wearhouse – Grade A-

We used the location on Twain Street. We actually set up our group and picked out the tuxedo’s at this location during our site visit back in January. We only had a couple minor glitches in the planning process with one of the groomsmen’s, who had gone in to give his measurements in his home town; somehow the measurements didn’t get to the Twain Street store. Luckily things were caught in time and his tux arrived without any issues.  I also noticed early on that they had listed the tuxedos for my dad and my brother incorrectly. I was able to call and have this corrected.

Wyndham Grand Desert – Grade A

We used a two bedroom suite for our bridal luncheon and as the starting location for my bachelorette party.  Wyndham is a great property for those that are looking to go the timeshare route.  Be prepared for a few sales calls though.

All Night Long – Grade A- 

Jeremy was so very easy to work with. I provided them with a play list a few days before the wedding and everything I requested was played. I would have liked to have the playlist mixed into the entire reception instead of played right at the beginning of the reception one song behind the other. I was also able to apply the DJ charges to my room minimum at Maggiano’s.

Roots Salon – Grade B+

Apryl can do magic with hair. She got me and 5 members of my bridal party in and out of the salon looking beautiful and in great time.  For any African American brides out there you should give this salon a try.

Re: Reviews

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Great reviews, thanks for the detailed info! 

This is not the first I've heard about Maggiano's either attempting to "ration" food or not boxing up food/cake as requested. Not a huge deal - but something to keep in the back of my mind. I'm glad it didn't take away from the experience.  

Congratulations Mrs!!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    MNVegasMNVegas member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad to hear you liked the Grand Desert. We will be staying there starting on Sunday for our wedding.

BTW, congratulations!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    glad to hear good reviews of the Wyndham - i'm heading to Vegas this weekend with some of my girlfriends and we're using one of my friend's parent's timeshares!  can't beat a free room, but its nice to know its a good place :)
  • Options
    SunnyCanadianSunnyCanadian member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!! Glad to hear about your reviews of Maggiano's and Creations Bakery as we are working with them as well. Are you planning on posting any pictures from your day? I'd love to see the cake Susie created for you and the flavors you chose!
    BFP #1 MM/C discovered at 8w2d, loss 11/18/11
    I'll hold you in my heart until I hold you in heaven
    BFP #2 7/7/12, EDD 3/14/13, stick baby stick!
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your reviews! So helpful! Especially the one about the DJ. I have the same DJ and am giving a playlist. Did he play those songs during dinner? What type of music was played during dinner? I want to make sure he plays my songs at the end so we can dance to them! :)
  • Options
    cinegradcinegrad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks a lot for the reviews.  (Wish I had heard about this Roots Salon a couple of months ago, but I'll hope for the best with the service I booked.)  Congratulations!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Oh my gosh! Thank you so much for the reviews! I'm getting married at the stratosphere and I was really worried that i had made a mistake since no one on here has gotten married there. I'm actually using there flowers for our bouquets but did you bring in more flowers to decorate the chapel or did you leave it as is? Our package included the champagne and cake so hopefully the cake turns out ok..  I cant wait to see pictures :)

Check out my Planning website!! 05/11/10 http://hollyandarron.webs.com/ Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards