Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Wynn-Reception-Insuite

has anyone have info on an insuite reception at the Wynn. We are thinking about the Fairway Villa. They are telling us that that only 25 people can be in the suite at one time. They told us that we need to use their in-suite dining department, or we will be charged accordingly. We are thinking a max of 40 people there.

If you had an insuite reception...what do you do about the crazy guests that just go off the wall? ha

thanks

Re: Wynn-Reception-Insuite

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I haven't heard of anyone on here trying to do an insuite reception at the wynn. I know that their chapel is HARDCORE about outside vendors, so I imagine that the hotel is the same way.

I had an insute reception at MB. I have so loud/crazy/ drunk family members and everyone did a-ok haha. We mainly served beer, champagne, and a little hard alcohol. I think if you limit the hard alcohol your guests may not go too crazy :)
  • Options
    kikibabykikibaby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I imagine the Wynn will be very strict about that 25 guest limit, so you may want to find a bigger suite if you are going to have 40 guests.
  • Options
    ginamarie1985ginamarie1985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I highly advise you look at the food prices from the Wynn before you go forward with this.  Their catering charges are realllly expensive, so you may not end up saving any money by doing an in-suite.
    "That's what you get for waking up in Vegas." ***My Wedding Bio!***
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm actually having the Wynn catering dept handle our reception. Cost is definately $$$$, but we wanted the convience.

At the moment, I am not pleased with the Wynn for serveral reasons:

#1 being that they "ran a hotel promotion" (FI and I both signed up for email promotions, but never got anything) and the hotel is oversold, meaning there's no rooms available for us on the wedding night or for any of our guests....shared my disappointment with WC and she told me to look off property - didn't even offer to assist us in the matter.

#2 WC lied to us becuase when I called reservation and spoke to the manager, she told me they didn't do any "hotel promotion" instead, rooms aren't available because there's a poker tournament that weekend, but offered to put me on a waiting list.

#3 told WC that FI and I would be in town in month and would like to meet with her to discuss details of the ceremony. She offered us a "discounted" rate for our stay - BUT that rate was approx. $70 higher than what I found on the web.

My suggestion is to research and look into in-suite prices at the Wynn, as well as other places nearby. Not sure what your financial situation is, but off-suite reception may be a better route.

Good Luck
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    destinationbride- I would be PISSED! I read your issues about the hotel room, but that is a whole lot of stuff! Plus, knowing the Wynn, I'm sure you are paying a pretty penny. I would expect exceptional service for $$$$
  • Options
    wynnlvbridewynnlvbride member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked into this when I got married and Maggiano's was easier - pricewise and also for our guests.  I didn't want to stress about how many people in a room, and bringing stuff up, etc.  
  • Options
    scr1982scr1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_wynn-reception-insuite?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:fc4a165f-f1a6-44bd-b42e-fa23ed5646bcPost:96c7a63a-8fe8-4eb5-b07e-29a90e55772e">Re: Wynn-Reception-Insuite</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm actually having the Wynn catering dept handle our reception. Cost is definately $$$$, but we wanted the convience. At the moment, I am not pleased with the Wynn for serveral reasons: #1 being that they "ran a hotel promotion" (FI and I both signed up for email promotions, but never got anything) and the hotel is oversold, meaning there's no rooms available for us on the wedding night or for any of our guests....shared my disappointment with WC and she told me to look off property - didn't even offer to assist us in the matter. #2 WC lied to us becuase when I called reservation and spoke to the manager, she told me they didn't do any "hotel promotion" instead, rooms aren't available because there's a poker tournament that weekend, but offered to put me on a waiting list. #3 told WC that FI and I would be in town in month and would like to meet with her to discuss details of the ceremony. She offered us a "discounted" rate for our stay - BUT that rate was approx. $70 higher than what I found on the web. My suggestion is to research and look into in-suite prices at the Wynn, as well as other places nearby. Not sure what your financial situation is, but off-suite reception may be a better route. Good Luck
    Posted by 1DestinationBride[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Who is your WC???</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well maybe after reading this (because they do lurk) they will adjust their attitude!

As far as an in-suite at the Wynn, unless you want to pay an arm and a leg, maybe look into another option or in-suite somewhere else. When I started researching, an in-suite reception would have cost us more than what we are getting at Maggiano's and we would have had less food and drinks, and no cake.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards