Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Marriage License Tip

For anyone whose marriage is coming up soon, thought I'd throw up a reminder that you need to take all the paperwork you're given at the license office with you to your ceremony for your officiant.  I only brought the official license document with the seal figuring that was the only one we needed, not realizing there were two other papers in the little bundle that were also needed so I left those behind.  It wasn't a big deal in our case because our officiant waited while one of the wedding coordinators ran back to the Mandalay tower to get the others from my room while we took pictures but if we didn't have them, or it wasn't a ten minute walk from where the ceremony was, could have been a big mess on wedding day.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

Re: Marriage License Tip

• Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should add this to one of the stickies - although maybe it doesn't matter since nobody reads them...
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is a good tip VG. They told us at the marriage bureau to make sure we give all those to the officiant.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_marriage-license-tip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:fd6dbc97-8edb-40fa-acd9-51428538c73bPost:edd5d1b5-c156-4228-aa51-03c6b1598347">Re: Marriage License Tip</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is a good tip VG. They told us at the marriage bureau to make sure we give all those to the officiant.
    Posted by kara811[/QUOTE]

They rushed us in and out that day, even the internet line took 50 minutes so she probably forgot to mention that.  I felt sorry for the people who didn't pre-register, that line moved by maybe two couples by the time 20 had made it through the internet line.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! This is SOOO helpful!!!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Great information! Thanks!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ^ LOL

• Options
    edited December 2011
    VG!! Where are your reviews? Am I missing something because I don't recall seeing them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can't wait to see VG pictures!!! and read the reviews too!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_marriage-license-tip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:fd6dbc97-8edb-40fa-acd9-51428538c73bPost:cefb7bfa-d174-4002-b9b9-9be6879dcefd">Re: Marriage License Tip</a>:
    [QUOTE]VG!! Where are your reviews? Am I missing something because I don't recall seeing them.
    Posted by Sin715[/QUOTE]

I need until end of the weekend, just got back from Antigua last night. :-)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Alright in that case you are officially off the hook until Sunday, lol!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    VG, looking forward to hearing all about the wedding!  Oh, and Antigua, too, since it's one of my top three honeymoon destinations.  :)

Thank you for the tip!
    76 invited image 35 ready to partyimage 41 staying homeimageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards