North Carolina

What do you think? I need opinions!!!

Hi, my fiance and I are getting married married 10/10/10 in the NC mountains outside of a beautiful farm house.  Here are pictures of my dress:
http://www.amymichelson.com/popup_grace.html
http://wedding-pictures.onewed.com/edgy/files/images/1042920/amy-michelson-grace-wedding-dress-low-back.JPG
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_FueFCXOxhcQ/SuLguBE-VLI/AAAAAAAABbU/tZd25m7qd04/s400/AmyMichelsonGrace.jpg

Now, I've been searching for wedding colors for the past two days,  and I think I may have come up with something.  I would like for the bridesmaids to wear gold dresses with deep plum accents (maybe the shoes or a ribbon), and I want the groomsmen to wear gray tuxes with the deep plum vests and ties. I want my fiance to wear a latte or tan tux with the deep plum vest and tie. Our flowers of choice are sunflowers.
Here you can find our venue:
http://www.vrbo.com/187683
it doesn't have a picture that shows where we are having the reception (which will be indoors in the large living area), but it'll give you an idea.

I like anything that is unique and different, becaue I want my wedding to stand out.  For our reception, I think I will add navy in the mix here and there (maybe?)
I'm thinking plum tablecloths with champagne/cream toppers, navy napkins, silver chargers, sunflowers with lanterns for centerpieces, gold chairs.

I guess I am kind of going with an elegant country/vintage vibe for the whole shebang.  Do you think the colors I have chosen will work?  Or am I crazy?  I can picture it in my head, and in my head it looks lovely, but I guess I need some assurance.  Sorry for the long post, I'm up for any suggestions!

Re: What do you think? I need opinions!!!

• edited December 2011
    Hmm... Im personally not a fan of having gold bridesmaids dresses but that's just me. I think using the deep plum color is a great idea for a fall wedding, I'd be more inclined though to do all plum bridesmaids dresses (see pic for something I thought was nice, it's a simple yet elegant style which would complement your dress nicely since yours is so beautifully intricate and detailed) maybe with gold strappy high-heel sandals or some simple gold jewelry as accents. I think adding gold as a sash to a plum dress might even be too "strong" of a color.As for the guys, personally I would put them all in the same color, yet differentiate them by their tie or vest color. I am not sure that tuxes come in a color other than white/grey/black? Could be mistaken on that, but I think you'd have to do suits if you wanted to do latte or tan. Anyway I think having two color suits (or tuxes) gets to be "too much." I'd put everyone in a latte colored suit (very nice), with the groomsmen wearing white shirts and plum or eggplant colored ties, with your fiance wearing a different color tie, maybe a gold tie, to differentiate him as the groom. These are just my thoughts. Smile
  • Jodipi314Jodipi314 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the colors sound fabulous, but I also wouldn't suggest going with gold for the BM dresses.  Not many girls can pull off an all gold dress, you have to have awesome coloring for that.  I would suggest flipping it; go with plum for the overall color and use gold accents (shoes, ribbon, etc).  That's what I'm doing, except a fall red color for the dress with gold shoes and jewelery.  I also am not crazy about the idea of the groom having such a different colored suit from the groomsmen; gray and tan might look weird together, so make sure you see two men dressed in those colors next to each other before you pick that!  There's nothing wrong with having all the men wear the same colored suit (I think tan would be gorgeous with the plum and gold tones you're talking about) and you can have the groom stand out by changing the color of the vest and tie rather than the color of the suit.  Just my 2 cents.  Good luck, it all sounds beautiful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    if you were doign a spring wedding,  i would go with a bold bright color like fushia with maybe a bold green sash.  i don't know the right green color but not a kelly green but not a light green either.  in the fall, i'd try to carry the same strong color thought but a color that would compliement fall colors but have your bms stand out in the outside type pics.

OMG.  your dress is beautiful.  do the straps from the back go around and attach to the boobs or is it the usual poor fitting strapless dress.
  • Beth0882Beth0882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm pretty sure I've seen dark brown tuxes at wedding shows.  Mens Wearhouse has a chocolate colored one, I just checked.   I do think it might look odd to have brown and gray together though.  

I love the plum/gold color choice.  I don't really have an opinion about gold dresses -- you know your bridesmaids so you will be able to tell if they can pull off the color!  However if you are going to have sunflower bouquets, I think they would look better against plum dresses, they might blend in too much with gold dresses. 

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards