Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Hair and makeup

Who are you ladies useing for your hair and makeup?  Do they give discounts if they do your bridemaids as well?  Thanks!

Re: Hair and makeup

• Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Francesca Lombardo, www.bobbiepinbeauty.com. She's giving a great rate because I had a trial with her, used her for my boudoir shoot, and she's doing my entire wedding party.  She's more than willing to work with your budget.
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    Polgaria111Polgaria111 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_hair-makeup-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:ff1d2f2d-d8a1-4a24-b4c1-6f6ece03b015Post:2023bd99-1c4f-4f6b-9ec6-37be83e52318">Re: Hair and makeup</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm using Francesca Lombardo, <a href="http://www.bobbiepinbeauty.com" rel='nofollow'>www.bobbiepinbeauty.com</a>. She's giving a great rate because I had a trial with her, used her for my boudoir shoot, and she's doing my entire wedding party.  She's more than willing to work with your budget.
    Posted by direy25[/QUOTE]

Thanks!  I took a look at the website.  She seems great!  I sent her an email to see if she is already booked.  Thanks for your help!
  • Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also used Francesca.  I had myself and six attendants to do, and she was the only one who offered any sort of reasonable group rate.  I'm glad to see she's becoming more popular around these parts, she's a total doll.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    bcschumanbcschuman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Harmony Medina... who has been GREAT with communication, includes a free trial, airbrush and eyelashes.  She is also the best price I found by far and is doing my entire bridal party and mothers (8 plus me)!  She gave a great group discount.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second the Harmony Medina suggestion.  She is doing myself and four others for a great rate!!!  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Harmony Medina gave me a great price for a group!
  • Options
    kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    Another Francesca L. here! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also booked Francesca Lombardo! She's been great so far.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to book Amelia C. She has great reviews.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Im using GlamSquad for me, my 4 bridesmainds, my aunty and my future MIL.
    James gave us 10% off as I said I heard about them as they done my sisters wedding.

• Options
    clm211clm211 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going with Harmony Medina.  She has been so great to work with and I love the fact that she does a trail run for free, which I'm doing when we go to Vegas next month.  Plus she will come to you at your hotel for the trial and on the wedding day which was also a big plus.  My BP is very pleased with her prices and group discounted rate. 
  • Options
    smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_hair-makeup-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:ff1d2f2d-d8a1-4a24-b4c1-6f6ece03b015Post:8bbac572-ef4f-43cb-a5db-5595070c0346">Re: Hair and makeup</a>:
    [QUOTE]Im using GlamSquad for me, my 4 bridesmainds, my aunty and my future MIL. James gave us 10% off as I said I heard about them as they done my sisters wedding.
    Posted by nickikav[/QUOTE]

They haven't emailed me back yet.  Are they a little slow in the communicaiton arena?
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    Polgaria111Polgaria111 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the suggestions!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @ smokeybailey - I originally wanted to book Glam Squad but  I read that they could be a bit slow at times in responding, and then I read a few reviews of them showing up late as well which I didn't like so that's why I ended up booking elsewhere....that and the group discount I was offered with Francesca was too good to pass up!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    tlj25tlj25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Harmony Medina, she is super responsive and you can call or text her any time with questions.
    Francesca L was my first choice, since she was highly reccomended by Mike L. (my photog), however she was already booked for the day.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    has anyone heard from Francesca recently? I was in communication with her, but she never replied to an e-mail a couple weeks ago. I sent her another e-mail yesterday saying I want to book her, but I haven't heard back yet.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also got a respone from Makeup in the 702 (I think).  I don't know who used them though.  Anyone know?
    Bi-oh-rama

"smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Natrasha, i tried booking with Francesca but she stopped responding to my emails. It was good in the beginning, after that i didn't feel like  I could count on her for my big day. So your not the only one she's done this to!!  I went ahead and booked with Harmony Medina. And she has been fantastic. Communication with her is not just e-mail. You can call or text her. Prices are better then what Francesca quoted me!
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_hair-makeup-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:ff1d2f2d-d8a1-4a24-b4c1-6f6ece03b015Post:74d1ba9c-e9fc-4a2b-b5f5-1510546614e2">Re: Hair and makeup</a>:
    [QUOTE]has anyone heard from Francesca recently? I was in communication with her, but she never replied to an e-mail a couple weeks ago. I sent her another e-mail yesterday saying I want to book her, but I haven't heard back yet.
    Posted by Natrasha[/QUOTE]
    I haven't been in e-mail contact with her recently but she just did my boudoir shoot last Saturday...
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_hair-makeup-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:ff1d2f2d-d8a1-4a24-b4c1-6f6ece03b015Post:74d1ba9c-e9fc-4a2b-b5f5-1510546614e2">Re: Hair and makeup</a>:
    [QUOTE]has anyone heard from Francesca recently? I was in communication with her, but she never replied to an e-mail a couple weeks ago. I sent her another e-mail yesterday saying I want to book her, but I haven't heard back yet.
    Posted by Natrasha[/QUOTE]

<div>The same thing happened to me, over a month ago now. Never heard back and I had moved on after a week. I adopted this policy lately, if a new vendor doesn't reply to me in too long I look elsewhere. </div><div>Just booked Amelia C btw!! </div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I haven't heard back from GlamSquad either.  I sent them an email about a month ago and a second email last week and no responses yet.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I too haven't heard back from Francesca...I really liked her photos and she seemed nice in the first email she sent...but I can't wait around too long for a response!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Melissa Ferreira.

http://www.ferreiramakeupandhair.com/

Portfolio looks awesome and she came highly recommended by Amelia C (who was already booked)
  • Options
    ahr1982ahr1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used to work with Melissa -- she is a very nice person.
  • Options
    Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm using Lori White, she's had numerous great Knottie reviews in the past, and she includes the trial which is nice, I'd rather not pay $100 for the trial like some other artists charge.  Here are the prices she gave me:

bridal hair design and make-up ....................$200bridal hair design only ......................$100bridal make-up application only ..................$100attendants hair design and make-up ................$100attendants hair design only ..................$ 75attendants make-up application ..................$ 50mother's hair design and/or make-up ...........$50 & upchildren ...........................$25 & up

Her email is lala@altf.com

Regarding Francesca - I just got a Facebook request from her, so she must be around...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Francesca mailed me a quote on 02/06 so she's out there...
    Bi-oh-rama

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I got an email from Francesca just the other day answer some of my questions. I know she has been extremely busy with having just had a baby a few months ago and working on a lot of commercial stuff.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi ive been contacting and looking at glamsquad and they got back to me straight away!! they have even sent me 3 follow e-mails to see if i want to book or have any questions, i recieved an email this morning saying since i live in the UK they will call me so i can ask any questions i want to know, Elise even took into account the time difference. so i think i may be using them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just got a third follow up e-mail from Glamsquad!!

I also got a reply back from Francesca! I'll just assume that the other e-mail from a couple weeks ago was lost in the interwebz.

So I'll be using Harmony and Francesca! They were willing to work with another artist, so we can all be done in time :)
  • Options
    kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    I emailed Francesca last night about some questions, and she replied to me within a few hours, so she is out there. I know she's pretty busy though, like PP said she just had  a baby a few months ago. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards