Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

centerpiece?

did you ladies do centerpieces at your reception?

if so, what did you use?

since i'm doing a sit-down dinner, I think centerpieces would be nice...but don't know what to use. personally, I feel like floral is a bit wasteful since we're just going to toss them out after a few hours.

Re: centerpiece?

• Options
    GribblesGribbles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having our sit-down meal at Rumjungle - we will only be there for 2 hours but it was important to me that we have centrepieces to put our stamp on the area (we are not having a private room) and also because it is the only floral decoration we are having on the day apart from the bouquets.

I opted for: Branches painted fuschia, potted in a black ceramic pot with hot pink roses, maybe orange lilies or gerber daisies, and green viburnum or kermits at the base, and clear crystals hanging from the branches.

Our table linen will be black so the bright colours should really POP I hope! And we can keep the crystal strands as a memento.
    www.mywedding.com/benandpetra
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I agree that floral arrangements can be a waste of money,  I am doing a simply table decoration.  Their will  be one large table  with a gray runner and   pink rose petal with high and  low candles. I am buying everything myself and it will cost me about $30.00 .

Happy Planning
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am doing same as shaq. I am having a table runner with three voltive candles in different heights.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The venue will provide me 3 low votive candles free of charge. but floral centerpieces start at $100 per table.

Ideally, I would like to use candles since they're just a couple of bucks and I can toss them out at the end of the night...but I'm not sure where I would get them on the strip, so I might consider bringing them myself (another thing I would have to carry).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You could always ship them ahead of you so you dont have to carry them.  That is an extra expense but at least you are not carrying fifty million things on the plane.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards