Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Seriously?!

Ladies (and gent(s))...please. Use some common sense (and this isn't directed at the majority...but rather the minority). 

Don't post personal information on here. Don't copy and paste emails between you and your vendors---that information is private for a reason. Please? Kthanks.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Seriously?!

• Options
    smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was wondering where you were on this. That was a tasty thread though. ;)
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    RachNRichRachNRich member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ha---I've been doing some major overtime for work, and looking at my computer when I got home last night was the last thing I wanted to do. But, I couldn't avoid the 64 posts in that thread. It was all sorts of awesome.....prolly.
  • Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_seriously?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:ff48e6c2-fd2f-4f3b-88dc-94cee95a9b4ePost:52261174-8090-407e-98cd-4b42bc4f6abf">Re: Seriously?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ha---I've been doing some major overtime for work, and looking at my computer when I got home last night was the last thing I wanted to do. But, I couldn't avoid the 64 posts in that thread. It was all sorts of awesome.....<strong>prolly</strong>.
    Posted by RachNRich[/QUOTE]

lol. 
  • Options
    smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_seriously?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:ff48e6c2-fd2f-4f3b-88dc-94cee95a9b4ePost:52261174-8090-407e-98cd-4b42bc4f6abf">Re: Seriously?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ha---I've been doing some major overtime for work, and looking at my computer when I got home last night was the last thing I wanted to do. But, I couldn't avoid the 64 posts in that thread. It was all sorts of awesome.....<strong>prolly</strong>.
    Posted by RachNRich[/QUOTE]

My girl.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I thought some people were gonna stroke out from that thread, it was not that serious. LOL
    Anniversary
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think I'm going to send an email to the owner of the national company I work for tomorrow, and use the word "prolly" and see what happens.....prolly not.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rach- You couldn't wait for me to read it damn! The only reason I come to hte knot anymore is the drama!
  • Options
    kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_seriously?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:ff48e6c2-fd2f-4f3b-88dc-94cee95a9b4ePost:ebaf321a-f6fb-4ffa-bb09-f97c1189ea15">Re: Seriously?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Rach- You couldn't wait for me to read it damn! The only reason I come to hte knot anymore is the drama!
    Posted by dvohnout[/QUOTE]

<div>Ditto this. What did I miss?!</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Seriously...I am away for 2 days and I miss everything!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Oooh me too!
    Dish! lol

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha it wasn't thaaaaaat great (all other boards considered), but it was pretty good for the LV board. A LV bride C&P'ed an entire email back-n-forth conversation with her and masterpiece cuisine. The only thing she succeeded in doing was making herself a target by having used the word "prolly" in one of her emails to MC. 

But seriously....email accounts have passwords for a reason. Geez. 
  • Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I thought it was kind of hysterical.  She was trying to complain about how MC was soooooo rude to her, but by showing both sides of the conversation, she just demonstrated that Scott was totally professional and she was the big ol' jerk.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_seriously?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:ff48e6c2-fd2f-4f3b-88dc-94cee95a9b4ePost:571f3497-22a2-43f0-b93d-1564802352b0">Re: Seriously?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I thought it was kind of hysterical.  She was trying to complain about how MC was soooooo rude to her, but by showing both sides of the conversation, she just demonstrated that <strong>Scott was totally professional and she was the big ol' jerk</strong>.
    Posted by aerinpegadrak[/QUOTE]

Yeah <em>kinda</em>...wait, it that a word??!
  • Options
    ginamarie1985ginamarie1985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wanted to add this to that ridiculous thread, but figured it was going to get deleted so I didn't....but I just want to say, for anyone considering them, that Scott at Masterpiece revised my proposal like 4 times before I ever paid my deposit, and why??? Because I was professional, courteous, and responded to each of the proposals within ONE DAY, so he knew I was serious and worth his time.  I just wanted to throw that out there. :)
    "That's what you get for waking up in Vegas." ***My Wedding Bio!***
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah - I completely understand why he went the route that he did after putting a proposal together and then not hearing from her for an entire MONTH.  If it was my business I also would have assumed that she had moved on.  Oh well, it was nice to have some entertainment!
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_seriously?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:ff48e6c2-fd2f-4f3b-88dc-94cee95a9b4ePost:aa4eb1bc-1014-4c95-9692-fefcb0af9a38">Re: Seriously?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wanted to add this to that ridiculous thread, but figured it was going to get deleted so I didn't....but I just want to say, for anyone considering them, that Scott at Masterpiece revised my proposal like 4 times before I ever paid my deposit, and why??? <strong>Because I was professional, courteous, and responded to each of the proposals within ONE DAY , so he knew I was serious and worth his time. </strong> I just wanted to throw that out there. :)
    Posted by ginamarie1985[/QUOTE]
    Exactly.  It's not just the vendor who's expected to do those things.  Business relationships work both ways.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    erinkay81erinkay81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'll throw my MC two cents in too... just in case anyone was scared off by that crazy thread. Scott has revised my proposal 2 times already. He has also changed our times twice. I'd also assume it has to do with the way I have treated him. :)

LOTS For Sale!! Update 7/6--> erinanddavewedding.weebly.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL - srsly!

I don't believe threatening someone is an appropriate negotiation tactic.  "Well, I've seen 2305820385 other businesses, and they're going to give me everything for FREE!  If you don't do that, I'm going with them."  If it's so good elsewhere, knock yourself out!

I think anyone with any sort of real world exposure to business would have figured that out.  And people who know the Golden Rule... :O
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    "Don't post personal information on here. Don't copy and paste emails between you and your vendors---that information is private for a reason. Please? Kthanks."

Lol. I was too interested in the ridiculousness of those e-mails to even think about the personal info being handed out. Nice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards