North Carolina

Centerpiece mock-up PIP

This is a very basic idea of what we want for CPs.  We are still throwing ideas around.  I think we will have to find some flameless candles, beacuse the bottles get pretty hot with regular candles, and depending on the bottle shape, some of the candles probably won't stay lit.  Don't know yet if we will do orange flowers or fall leaves, but I haven't been able to find fake leaves in the craft stores yet so I think /i'll have to wait until closer to fall to find them.  Tablecloths will be about this color blue.  It is missing something but I am not sure what yet.  Thoughts?

These flowers are a little more red-orange than I would want, but its an idea.  And the tall bottle would not be on a candleholder, but we didn't cut them the right size, plus I need a mirrored or glass base to set them on.  (Also note FI in back cooking me dinner :) )

Another shot with the red-orange flowers

And one with more orange flowers -- this would be closer to the color I want, but a little darker/less yellow. 

Re: Centerpiece mock-up PIP

• NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I like them! :o) Reminds me of a very romantic dinner or picnic!!
    Great job :o)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    very cute! i agree it does seem like it is missing something but if you do runners in the blue instead of overlays or table clothes the space wont seem so empty. i had the same issue with mine and using the runners fixed it
  • edited December 2011
    I'm clueless...how did you cut the wine bottles?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Cuteee! I agree with Beka that It looks like a romantic picnic! :o)
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Beth0882Beth0882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if our caterer, who supplies the linens, has runners, but I will look into that.  I think we will just start cutting the wine bottles, and play with the rest of it as we go on. 

Sgreen -- I put a pretty detailed description of how we cut the wine bottles in a recent thread NCSUPsych posted --"It's Raining...It's Pouring..."  Another plus is we can use the bottom halves as either vases or candle holders for the rest of the decorations (like for bouquet holders)!  Gotta love recycling :) 

Also, the owners of our favorite wine store, WineStyles, told us we could go in any time during the week and go through their recycle pile of bottles (they have around 300 bottles a week) so we can be selective on color and bottle shape too.  I like the yellow and green, not so sure about the brown.  Also curious as to what a blue bottle would look like on top of the blue tablecloth...it will be fun to experiment!

• pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like it.  How would it look with a candle under each bottle?

• edited December 2011
    Great idea! I think it looks great! I've never seen the wine bottle idea before.
    Marisa Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I checked out the instructions. Very neat! Seems fairly simple.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Beth--you did such a great job with those!  Super great idea...very romantic like Beka said!

Leigh Anne & Billy
    *October 2nd, 2010*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards