Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Falmouth hair and makeup

I'd love some recommendations of h&m artists that will come to the hotel for services prior to my 11 AM wedding next June!! Thanks a bunch!!

Re: Falmouth hair and makeup

• BunsCheer03BunsCheer03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ive heard really good things about Bellezza, Im not sure if they will go to your hotel or need you to go to their spa.
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Erin at Artworx. She comes to you wherever, and has a separate make up artist if you have 3 ppl or more doing makeup. I was really happy with my trial and am not at all worried about the day of. She gave me a very natural look just like I asked for. I recommend her highly!
  • edited December 2011
    I ditto Erin from Artworx. Erin and her make up artist came at 10am to our hotel. My ceremony was at 3. I have to say we were a little rushed on time, so I wish we started about 1/2 an hour earlier. We had 3 bridesmaids, 2 mothers, 2 flowergirls, and myself done for hair during that time span. Everyone minus the flower girls for makeup. I think my main complaint was that my makeup didn't turn out the same as it had in my trial, and I like photos of my makeup from the trial much better. I think this was due to the rush and I was second to last to be done for makeup. If I had thought to bring a photo from the trial too, I think that would have worked as well.

Someone recently shared their horrid experience from Bellezza on this forum, which didn't suprise me at all, so I'd beware of them. Also I believe if you want Bellezza to come to you, they incur an additional fee on top of their already expensive updo fees. I had originally been looking into using them, but then I started hearing some not-so-good things and backed away.

Again, I love Erin from Artworx, she's the sweetest person ever, I'd just make sure there's extra wiggle room on time so you don't feel rushed. I think she might be relocating to Hyannis, so you'd have to check if she's still going to travel to Falmouth.
    Married June 26, 2010! | Wedding/For Sale Bio
  • BunsCheer03BunsCheer03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I just read the beware note about Bellezza - I just want to post that I have never used them, Im just going on what I hear, so Id take other peoples advice about the people they have used personally.

• edited December 2011
    Hi I wrote the post beware of Bellezza because I really would never want another bride to go through what I went through.  By all means you can read my post and make your own decision... However, they were so nice before hand and kept telling me along the way that this never happens and yet it happen twice!  I was just in a wedding where the bride hired 3 hair dresses to come in and do our hair at the hotel and it worked out wonderful.  They came in and were able to do touch-ups and the prices were much more reasonable than Bellezza.  If you have any additional questions about Bellezza please e-mail me Jenna4d@gmail.com  Best luck on your wedding!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards