North Carolina
Options

Coordinator meeting

We're meeting with our coordinator at our reception venue today. We have a tasting scheduled for Saturday so that will be taken care of soon enough. I know we need to discuss our setup and scheduling (as far as when I need to drop things off, etc.) Can you ladies think of anything I might be forgetting?
 My mind is all over the place right now and I just want to make sure I'm not forgetting anything obvious.

Re: Coordinator meeting

• Options
    meredithl618meredithl618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Make sure you clarify which linens, tables, chairs etc that you'll need from TSC and let them know what you're renting, if anything.  I would just make sure that they have everything you need so you know if you need to get any additional tables or linens. 

• Options
    LBM7189LBM7189 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I scheduled a "walk through" at my venue for 2 weeks prior to the event just to literally walk through and say this here, that there, etc. with the people that will be at my venue that night.  That way you can make a sketch of the set-up and everyone is on the same page.  Plus, at that time I will have my final head count and I can be certain they have my menu and alcohol selections correct and we can avoid any last minute mishaps (I HOPE!)

I would get the latest invoice too if possible to make sure you are on the same page with the $$ as well! 

Have fun at your tasting.............ours was so yummy!!

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oooh, yes def. schedule another meeting in May with her. Also, I agree, the prices for food/drink may have changed a little since last year, so you want to make sure you have the latest info.

Let me know how it goes, we're doing this in a couple weeks!
  • Options
    wlfpkbridewlfpkbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're definitely going to schedule another meeting for closer to the wedding. We just got the latest menu last week so the prices should be good. Meredith, what are you doing for a vegetarian option? The catering menu doesn't really have any and I feel obligated to offer one.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would imagine they'd have some things that could be made vegetarian, especially if there's any pasta dishes, etc on the list.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not really sure yet about the vegetarian option.  We're doing salads before the main course and lots of hors d'oeuvres during cocktail hour, so I'm not sure if we will offer a specific option for vegetarians. 

We're not including meal options for people on the RSVP either, but will be serving a combination plate to everyone.  So, I really don't want to complicate things with a vegetarian option for only a few. Especially considering there will be plenty of other food.  Plus, I agree, it does make it hard that there aren't any good options, lol.   I'm sure they would eat the vegetables and mashed potatoes, what else could you add to the plate instead of meat? 
  • Options
    wlfpkbridewlfpkbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wendy said they will usually do a stuffed portobello 
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmm, that sounds good. How are you doing the other meals? Options beforehand or everyone the same plate?  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards